First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hey all. I was at my local dealer today and they advised me they had their order pricing on the Gladiator. They can not share it with me but they were able to tell me that their cost is actually less than the JL Wrangler. MSRP is not released yet but this is good news to hear. They did mention to me earlier this year along with another dealership that they expected the pricing to be around or less than the JL Wranglers.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
So now we have other concerns. Mine is that Max Tow could easily put me into Overland prices, which would give me a choice between a manual overland and stock as a rock sport max tow. That's a hard choice. Looking forward to seeing how Rubi crowd options theirs. I wonder if this means price this month?!

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’m still going to guess that MSRP pricing will come out when they lift the media ban on the reviews which is scheduled for March 31st.

The dealership I spoke to said they have 10 allotted Gladiators but they don’t know what specs or details they will be and they still can not place orders. But they do know dealer cost.

I’m one of those that are in the Rubicon crowd. Either way my plan is still to spec mine the same way. The only change would be if I pick up a second car as well and then I’ll end up with a Sport S.

So now we have other concerns. Mine is that Max Tow could easily put me into Overland prices, which would give me a choice between a manual overland and stock as a rock sport max tow. That's a hard choice. Looking forward to seeing how Rubi crowd options theirs. I wonder if this means price this month?!

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I’m still going to guess that MSRP pricing will come out when they lift the media ban on the reviews which is scheduled for March 31st.

The dealership I spoke to said they have 10 allotted Gladiators but they don’t know what specs or details they will be and they still can not place orders. But they do know dealer cost.

I’m one of those that are in the Rubicon crowd. Either way my plan is still to spec mine the same way. The only change would be if I pick up a second car as well and then I’ll end up with a Sport S.
And somebody made a good point that reviews drop first then pricing with ordering. But the JL was ordered prepricing. Guess we wait and see but it seems closer to knowing. I'm stock sport, overland manual, resto, or wait for used market, in that order depending on price. Heart says resto.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
So Im thinking about this a little differently today. up until a week or to ago no dealer anywhere said this would be close to JL pricing, everyone was saying it was going to be higher, some thought significantly. Understanding that it was all speculation but the dealers were essentially getting you ready for a high sticker price so they could slap some market adjustment on there and no one would be shocked.

Now starting this week, we have 3 reports that the (invoice) price is going to be the same or slightly lower than that of the JL. Seems to be a pretty significant shift in dealer opinion.

Thoughts?

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
So Im thinking about this a little differently today. up until a week or to ago no dealer anywhere said this would be close to JL pricing, everyone was saying it was going to be higher, some thought significantly. Understanding that it was all speculation but the dealers were essentially getting you ready for a high sticker price so they could slap some market adjustment on there and no one would be shocked.

Now starting this week, we have 3 reports that the (invoice) price is going to be the same or slightly lower than that of the JL. Seems to be a pretty significant shift in dealer opinion.

Thoughts?
Tbh I think the overhyped pricing was coming from dealers that had no idea about the Gladiator. I was also told by one dealership that the Gladiator was going to be like the Demon, limited quantities and high price tags. I quickly went to another dealership who actually knew about the Gladiator. I’m guessing that pricing is going to be very similar based on everything dealers and the videos are telling me. It makes sense based on the market as well.

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Had one dealer tell me last week, pricing will be slightly above JL, had another tell me a fully loaded Rubicon is $60G out the door. Had a 3rd dealer tell me 3 weeks ago that base price on a sport is $60g.

It sucks, but it is what it is until we get official pricing .

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I showed a dealership the JT on the webpage.

My 2c are this is mindless. Pricing could have gone a few ways. One modelling probably hit the sales and production convergence points more closely than another. Multiple models for different price points. Others for pricing options and packages. Until it drops we don't know. When it drops, there will be several plausible explanations. Also, there will be various price points. And, a number of paths to customer acquisition. Of course, recall and flawed manufacturing will correct pricing if cheaper processes fail they may be replaced by more expensive variants effecting price updates. Demand effects price updates. In sum, it's all bullshit. Find a price you like and be happy. Every deal is slightly different. For me, if I don't get what I want for under 40K, any reason, any payment option, then I'm going used market immediately, and happy.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004

Thoughts?
It's a CONSPIRACY I tell ya . . . there's a coverup going" on and the Conspiracy is . . . 'it's the :devil:'s doing ! :lipssealed:

Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Hollywood Chrysler Jeep in Florida currently has this posted on the Gladiator page of their website:

"The 2020 Gladiator goes on sale the second quarter of 2019, and it has a starting MSRP of $37,000 (plus destination fee)."

https://www.hollywoodchryslerjeep.com/2020jeepgladiator/
I'll be making a phone call in the morning. I am very curious as to where they got the jump on pricing.

My assumption is they are tossing hot fudge. Ill let you know.

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2011 corolla
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Hollywood Chrysler Jeep in Florida currently has this posted on the Gladiator page of their website:

"The 2020 Gladiator goes on sale the second quarter of 2019, and it has a starting MSRP of $37,000 (plus destination fee)."

https://www.hollywoodchryslerjeep.com/2020jeepgladiator/
Who wrote this garbage?

The taillamps available are positioned to allow for open access to the bed, and power-locking tailgate can be terminated in three positions and still maintain cargo securely. As for organization and versatility, there are under-rail bed lighting, integrated tie-downs, an optional covered external power source, and available cargo management systems provided. Unfortunately, LED light is only available on Overland and Rubicon vehicles. Gladiator pickups will receive body-welded, body-color sport bars with integrated front occupant grab handles.
It's like it was written in english, then google translated to another language, then google translated back to english.
Sponsored