leather body color 3 piece hard top
body colored flairs
steel bumper
trail cam
adaptive cruise control
roll up toneau cover
slush mats
Dealer has msrp at $60695, discount $7, 283
Price out the door $60,924.00 includes tax liscnese doc fees and probably some other stuff.
Is this a good deal or should i keep shopping?
Sponsored

Last edited:

tncruiser

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram truck
Occupation
retiered
Can you guys give me an opinion on this deal
White gladiator rubcion
cold wether
aux switches
tow package
led
auto
leather body color 3 piece hard top
body colored flairs
steel bumper
trail cam
adaptive cruise control
roll up toneau cover
slush mats
Dealer has msrp at $60695, discount $7, 283
Price out the door $60,924.00 includes tax liscnese doc fees and probably some other stuff.
Is this a good deal or should i keep shopping?
the dealer fees and taxes are $7500 , that in my opinion is to much , Iguess it would depend on sales tax rate where you live

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
In effect, you paid no sales tax or license fees. In CA, not a bad deal at all in my opinion.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Not enough hours in the day to protect every rube from losing their money and paying a "stupid tax". I paid mine in my early days and learned my lesson the first time.

Next to buying a house, buying a vehicle is an experience most buyers going in having a information deficit on the deal. Simple fact is dealerships control the information that is at play on the financials of their hold backs and other incentives that are not readily apparent to the buyer who does not do their homework beforehand. Lastly, most buyers are only doing it once every few years where as the dealership and their sales force are doing it day in and day out every day. Kind of like showing up with your "Big Wheel" kids trike to the "Tour De France" on race day.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Here is a scam! This is a dealer in North VA out the door price for me today on a Mojave....
Jeep Gladiator Dealer Scams JT Scam

Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
You might check out Koons; they are a forum sponsor.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I had been working with a delaer in las vegas who had what i wanted, first red flag wanted me to fillout a credit app before i got the final price told him no! not going to take the hit on my credit score until i know whatteh cost is second redflag I get the out the dorr cost but it seems high to me at 60,572 2when there is an ALLEGED discount of 7000+/- so iask for a break doen and here is what I get
295 for GPS
1195 for poly steel wtf is that polish?
595 for R.E.D. alert system again wtf is that
497 for doc fees
and 4354 for taxes

but no registration?

man what abummer it was what i wanted but i refuse to be taken advantage of.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I had several bad experiences with Vegas dealers, since I live there, and many of them have world-class levels of greed and corruption. Prestige otoh, gave me a decent deal with no hassle. We bought 2 vehicles there this year.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
if they dump the extra fees I'l buy

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
By the way, the dealer was advertising the Mojave for $51K, then I got the sucker punch of over $60K out the dooor!

Sponsored

ScramblerGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ8, MJ
Vehicle Showcase
In Texas where I'm located, some dealers occasionally advertise a $6K - $8K "discount" on JTs, but when you ask them for a written quote, $1.5K in dealer add-ons magically appear. (for paint sealant, fabric/leather treatment, LoJack, VIN etching). Not mentioned anywhere on their websites.

I refuse to even consider them because of those tactics. I'll probably end up ordering a JTR from Tri-City or Motor Inn and driving it back to TX to avoid the games and to give some business to a dealer with ethics.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
When ever i see this it gets me riled up, so this may be a part vent but also a PSA for those who may not know.

I hate when dealership use this scam of "market adjustment" just to inflate the MSRP and make the customer think theyre getting a deal. Take for example this online pricing at Southern Jeep. They inflated the MSRP and show a "$5000" discount after instant saving which only translates to like $500 off from the MSRP. (See below)

Makes me stay away from these dealers that play the dealership game just to get you "in the door". Hopefully people are smarter than this to always be sure to verify against the window sticker online.

Virginia dealers are know for this scammy practice.

Vent over.

Back in 1990, while I was in the hospital recovering from an amputation after a motorcycle accident, We needed a new vehicle and she called all over and told them our story and what we wanted. The second place we went was to a dealer in the big city north of us, he had jacked up his delivery charge (I had seen a window sticker at our local store were we first looked) higher than the 1st dealer so that he then tried to make it look like he was giving us more off when he came down to the deal our local guy was giving us. Ended up getting a dealer in my old home town (bought my first car from) that felt sorry for me and just cut it down to the lowest he could without arguing. He came down so far, we call another dealer that had the car in a color we liked better just to see if he would meet the other guys deal and he said he couldn't even get within $2000 of the deal we got.

pdril

First Name
tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
nuclear chemist
When ever i see this it gets me riled up, so this may be a part vent but also a PSA for those who may not know.

I hate when dealership use this scam of "market adjustment" just to inflate the MSRP and make the customer think theyre getting a deal. Take for example this online pricing at Southern Jeep. They inflated the MSRP and show a "$5000" discount after instant saving which only translates to like $500 off from the MSRP. (See below)

Makes me stay away from these dealers that play the dealership game just to get you "in the door". Hopefully people are smarter than this to always be sure to verify against the window sticker online.

Virginia dealers are know for this scammy practice.

Vent over.

If you guys don't want to get scammed, just go to Franklin Jeep, in franklin va. see Phillip or Bobby. These guys are the best and I love going there. I get treated like a king and never get ripped off.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
So as I write this I am waiting to finish paperwork on my new gator gladiator. I bought from Tuttle click. I stopped at 3 dealers today the all had markups on their vehicles. Everything from chip protection to nitrogen. Even. GPS. Sirius has gps so do many of the. Radio. Tuttle click has no markup I was able to get 6000 off the sticker which was only a couple of grand over what I could get by flying to Idaho I’m in so cal not affiliated with Tuttle click. I was so f—— fed up with the dealer shin shins and scams ask for Massoud. Straight forward no bs. Decent deal. They are in Irvine Good luck.
Sponsored