Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer has been sending emails for a while. They finally called, and said they could give me a good price and put me in a new one for a lower monthly payment. I sent them a Build Sheet of what I would have to have to replace it. I had to use the 2021 Build and Price tool, since the 2022 one doesn't show all the options as being available. They finally called back and said they could order one equipped as I requested. I'm wondering if it's a glitch in the tool, or if options are limited. I don't want to spend the time going down there if I can't get what I want.

This is what I sent them.
https://www.jeep.com/bmo.gladiator....1,NHK,XNY,XJC,GXD,XBM,CT6,DHP,ABR,RSJ,XMF,24G
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've been getting e-mails and like from car fax too. With a unseen price offer, not happening with mine. Mine has quite a few miles already, I'd have to spend 2 -3 weeks stripping off my mods and stuff then reinstalling seat, bumper ect ECT.

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
Wouldn't really be worth it for me unless I could order my same truck and they mixed up a few gallons of Punk'n (or maybe Nacho)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer has been sending emails for a while. They finally called, and said they could give me a good price and put me in a new one for a lower monthly payment.
Lower monthly - but extending the period out?
In short, is the total price out the door cheaper or is it like refinancing a house - your payments may be lower each month but you pay more in the end because now you've just got out full term again.
I'd have to actually get cash back in my hand.
That lower monthly doesn't mean squat if that's all it is. If I had only 4 years left and trading takes me out to 6 again, well..........

Fishee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys NACHO
What dealer? I love my Nacho Willys but I really wanted a Mojave. I kick myself for not ordering a Gecko one last summer since the price went up a few grand for the same truck in 2022. With Gobi coming back out it sure is tempting

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I got a letter from my local dealer. I laughed and threw it away. Besides F them they didn't want to even come close to what I got. No deals with them from me.

OP
OP
Mr._Bill

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to go talk to them tomorrow and see exactly what they are willing to do. Unless I can get equivalent or better, I'll just keep my existing truck. To get what I want, it will have to be ordered. This is the dealer I purchased from, but only because they were the only ones who had what I wanted. The truck was being used for test drives, and had 67 miles on it when I got it.

Sponsored

LCF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave
Lower monthly - but extending the period out?
In short, is the total price out the door cheaper or is it like refinancing a house - your payments may be lower each month but you pay more in the end because now you've just got out full term again.
I wouldn’t compare auto loans to a mortgage or refinancing a home lol.

Most people, well…at least the smart ones…wait…this is a Jeep forum…. refinance a home and take years off their original loan and the payment goes up but they save a substantial amount in regards to interest they would have paid.

The Welsh Griffin

First Name
TBone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Work in an Oven
I'm going to go talk to them tomorrow and see exactly what they are willing to do. Unless I can get equivalent or better, I'll just keep my existing truck. To get what I want, it will have to be ordered. This is the dealer I purchased from, but only because they were the only ones who had what I wanted. The truck was being used for test drives, and had 67 miles on it when I got it.
If they really want it - take their offer ad 5 grand and see what they move up to. In the end we (consumers) always lose money. Bargain no fees , no extra add ons and get a price confirmation signed by the GM for when the new one arrives. They can also give you a major discount on warranty and 10 or so oil changes. I even bargained new dash pieces since I didnt like the Red !!! Be tough , if they are going to screw you over at least make them use some Lube.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Most people refinance at a lower rate and lower their monthly but end up going back to 30 years again. At least that's how many did it.
In any case, if I had a 6 year loan on a Gladiator, and had paid 2 years on it and were down to 4 years left (and looking forward to the final payment) and a dealer called and said "trade now and we can lower your monthly payments" - and you went back and traded, got your payments down from 400 to 375 but went back up to 6 years - no thanks.
On the other hand, go ahead and keep paying that 400/month you'd shorten it but I'd never ever trade a vehicle on the promise of lower monthly payments.
That's how these guys sell things - based on monthly payments. I want to know terms - length of the loan, interest rates and more.
People get into trouble just going by one number. And dealers and realtors know it.

efinance a home and take years off their original loan and the payment goes up but they save a substantial amount in regards to interest they would have paid.
That's not why you refinance. You are saying it's done to shorten the term? Hell no - do it only to lower monthly payments.
You never need to refinance to go from say, 30 years to 15 years - simply do what my wife has always done - PAY MORE. If the principal is 500/month, pay 600 or 700. You can chop a mortgage (or loan even) down fast.
There's no need to do any paperwork to get the term down or the total interest paid down lower. Pay ahead each month. We dropped a 15 down to 11 doing that.
It's also crazy to take on higher monthly payments just to get a shorter term. Our first mortgage was 30 years. We could have easily handled 15 but we told them no, we want 30. My wife paid extra every month Then when Principal laid off almost 80 of us at a time jobs were scarce, we simply stopped paying the extra for a while, then when I got a job again, she paid extra again.
If we had taken the shorter term, we'd have been forced into the higher monthly payments and been screwed. This way we maintained control, cut back when needed, and still paid that thing off way early.
Never lock yourself into some high payments. Take the lower payments, longer terms, and pay extra each month. Then if you get cancer, or have something happen not covered by insurance, or lose a job - you aren't screwed with payments you could just afford to begin with.

I hate this "we can get you lower monthly payments crap. Don't let them trick you with numbers, do your own math, consider all costs and contingencies.

LCF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave
Most people refinance at a lower rate and lower their monthly but end up going back to 30 years again. At least that's how many did it.
In any case, if I had a 6 year loan on a Gladiator, and had paid 2 years on it and were down to 4 years left (and looking forward to the final payment) and a dealer called and said "trade now and we can lower your monthly payments" - and you went back and traded, got your payments down from 400 to 375 but went back up to 6 years - no thanks.
On the other hand, go ahead and keep paying that 400/month you'd shorten it but I'd never ever trade a vehicle on the promise of lower monthly payments.
That's how these guys sell things - based on monthly payments. I want to know terms - length of the loan, interest rates and more.
People get into trouble just going by one number. And dealers and realtors know it.

That's not why you refinance. You are saying it's done to shorten the term? Hell no - do it only to lower monthly payments.
You never need to refinance to go from say, 30 years to 15 years - simply do what my wife has always done - PAY MORE. If the principal is 500/month, pay 600 or 700. You can chop a mortgage (or loan even) down fast.
There's no need to do any paperwork to get the term down or the total interest paid down lower. Pay ahead each month. We dropped a 15 down to 11 doing that.
It's also crazy to take on higher monthly payments just to get a shorter term. Our first mortgage was 30 years. We could have easily handled 15 but we told them no, we want 30. My wife paid extra every month Then when Principal laid off almost 80 of us at a time jobs were scarce, we simply stopped paying the extra for a while, then when I got a job again, she paid extra again.
If we had taken the shorter term, we'd have been forced into the higher monthly payments and been screwed. This way we maintained control, cut back when needed, and still paid that thing off way early.
Never lock yourself into some high payments. Take the lower payments, longer terms, and pay extra each month. Then if you get cancer, or have something happen not covered by insurance, or lose a job - you aren't screwed with payments you could just afford to begin with.

I hate this "we can get you lower monthly payments crap. Don't let them trick you with numbers, do your own math, consider all costs and contingencies.
lol…I’m literally dying over here lol.

Next time you or anyone you may know wants to refinance….send them to me lol. I have the money….I’ll give them $1 per month payment and tack it on the principal lol.

i get making an additional principal payment but you still pay more in interest by doing that on a 30 compared to a 15 or 10

what’s next…you advise people to get a arm…lol

btw….I live mortgage free…on all 3 of my homes….but what do I know…..
Sponsored