Dealers not taking FCA Control Number?!

ryanwhiteaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sahara - Nacho! / '79 IH Scout II / '13 X5 / '02 540i M
I'll get to the title here after a quick rant.

I've been to two local dealers to get leasing quotes for some in-transit JTRs. One dealer I assume included my FCA Control Number but still came in way above what I calculated in the jeep leasing calculator (based on that exact VIN). I, of course, told them their numbers are wrong and provided docs and screenshots to prove my case. Oh well, I won't be going back.

Yesterday the dealer I bought my JL from called and said he just got in two JTR's so I grabbed my keys and drove over. After some chit chat and a test drive, we decided to get some quotes on the two. THIS IS THE POINT WHERE MY GUY CAME BACK SAYING THAT THE FCA CONTROL NUMBER DOES NOT APPLY TO THE GLADIATORS! There was some comment about not getting a kick back and they're just coming out so Jeep hasn't released any incentive programs yet, blah, blah, blah.

This is really frustrating and confusing. You have Travis at Tri-City honoring the Control Number, the other dealer I assume factored it in, and now this guy is saying the gladiator doesn't apply?
Funny thing is that his quote without the control number was pretty much in line with the other dealer. So maybe the other guy didn't actually take the control number into account?

Is anyone dealing with the same issue when trying to use their control number for "On Dealer Lot" purchases?

FYI, I guess in a week or so, Jeep will have some sort of $1,000 discount for current/existing jeep owners? Won't get me to my budget but maybe something for others to look out for.
Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
I'll get to the title here after a quick rant.

I've been to two local dealers to get leasing quotes for some in-transit JTRs. One dealer I assume included my FCA Control Number but still came in way above what I calculated in the jeep leasing calculator (based on that exact VIN). I, of course, told them their numbers are wrong and provided docs and screenshots to prove my case. Oh well, I won't be going back.

Yesterday the dealer I bought my JL from called and said he just got in two JTR's so I grabbed my keys and drove over. After some chit chat and a test drive, we decided to get some quotes on the two. THIS IS THE POINT WHERE MY GUY CAME BACK SAYING THAT THE FCA CONTROL NUMBER DOES NOT APPLY TO THE GLADIATORS! There was some comment about not getting a kick back and they're just coming out so Jeep hasn't released any incentive programs yet, blah, blah, blah.

This is really frustrating and confusing. You have Travis at Tri-City honoring the Control Number, the other dealer I assume factored it in, and now this guy is saying the gladiator doesn't apply?
Funny thing is that his quote without the control number was pretty much in line with the other dealer. So maybe the other guy didn't actually take the control number into account?

Is anyone dealing with the same issue when trying to use their control number for "On Dealer Lot" purchases?

FYI, I guess in a week or so, Jeep will have some sort of $1,000 discount for current/existing jeep owners? Won't get me to my budget but maybe something for others to look out for.
Yes. I think this is confirmed. No affiliate discount on Gladiators at this time.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
It’s hot, it’s new, they aren’t having issues keeping them on the lot. Until it wears off any company has a right to charge whatever they want. That’s how business works.

BSingleton

First Name
Brian Singleton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep LE Gladiator (ordered) 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
The FCA Affiliate Rewards program is discussed in the pinned thread at the top of the Ordering/Pricing Forum page.

I just posted the following to that thread:
I think the May 9 date represents the last order date that Jeep will honor FCA Affiliate pricing for Gladiator.

I had my dealer GM check with the corporate Jeep execs in late April to see if they would honor the FCA Affiliate pricing...to which the response was yes...I immediately joined Tread Lightly on 4/26.

Thus, I presume Corporate Jeep decided to not accept the FCA Affiliate discount for Gladiator orders after 5/9 as a means to financially capitalize on the immediate demand for the truck.

So...if you ordered a Gladiator before 5/9...I recommend joining Tread Lightly or another FCA Affiliate organization before you take ownership Gladiator.
It’s only $100 to join and it saves thousands.

Remember that you must me a member of Tread Lightly for 30 days before you can purchase a FCA vehicle via the Affiliate Rewards program.

My LE estimated ship date is 5/18...and I’m hoping it arrives late May/early June.
—-

Sorry to say that if you didn’t order the Gladiator before 5/9, then the FCA Affiliate Rewards pricing are not available.
This gives the dealer negotiating strength on a Spec Gladiator on their dealer lot.

Sponsored

since41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee, Trackhawk, RAM DT,
It doesn't matter when you ordered a JT or how long you've been a member of TL, FCA will not reimburse a dealership. Travis is wearing any discount he's giving buyers hence why his numbers changed some. I hope I'm wrong and they do indeed give you the discount .

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
No AP, EP, or Military. This has been known for some time now.

The majority of the dealerships that were offering 5-8% off invoice stopped offering those deals. Many have gone to MSRP...

megamucho

First Name
mega
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Durango R/T, '18 BMW R1200GS
It varies by dealer. Some will honor the affiliate pricing even without being officially sanctioned by FCA. All depends on how that dealer does business, high volume vs. high margin per unit.

Rover_boy

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
The FCA Affiliate Rewards program is discussed in the pinned thread at the top of the Ordering/Pricing Forum page.

I just posted the following to that thread:
I think the May 9 date represents the last order date that Jeep will honor FCA Affiliate pricing for Gladiator.

I had my dealer GM check with the corporate Jeep execs in late April to see if they would honor the FCA Affiliate pricing...to which the response was yes...I immediately joined Tread Lightly on 4/26.

Thus, I presume Corporate Jeep decided to not accept the FCA Affiliate discount for Gladiator orders after 5/9 as a means to financially capitalize on the immediate demand for the truck.

So...if you ordered a Gladiator before 5/9...I recommend joining Tread Lightly or another FCA Affiliate organization before you take ownership Gladiator.
It’s only $100 to join and it saves thousands.

Remember that you must me a member of Tread Lightly for 30 days before you can purchase a FCA vehicle via the Affiliate Rewards program.

My LE estimated ship date is 5/18...and I’m hoping it arrives late May/early June.
—-

Sorry to say that if you didn’t order the Gladiator before 5/9, then the FCA Affiliate Rewards pricing are not available.
This gives the dealer negotiating strength on a Spec Gladiator on their dealer lot.
Wait a minute... if you order the LE before 5/9 FCA will honor the discount?

Sponsored

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
I just got mine, wasted $100!

bigbeerdrinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKU Sahara, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
My dealer honored my Affiliate discount, gave me the Friends & Family discount. We built it out and they showed me the invoice price, and then took 1% off of that. Tate Dodge in Glen Burnie MD.

I called about a dozen dealerships in MD, and told them all the same thing, "the first dealership that honors the affiliate discount is where I am going" Tate Dodge called me the day after ordering opened, and said they would honor it. It works out because they're only 5 min from my house.

I really just think it depends on the dealership...

lilloco

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Jeep Comanche, 2002 Ford Excursion 7.3, 2008 Jeep WK 3.0crd
Occupation
Card-Player
Be grateful folks.... up in Canada we have no TL discounts, and a fraction of the FCA affiliate options. Most dealers are charging over MSRP so now it's the status quo to do so and no one is offering anything close to or below invoice.... if you want the discounts you got to wait. Patience is key and how consumers control the market.
Sponsored