Dealership giving me the run around?

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
So I have been having electrical issues for almost a month now. Had jeep at 1 dealership for 2 weeks. They replaced the aux battery and fuse strip on side of fuse box and also taped some wires they found exposed. 2 days after picking up truck messed up again. I take it to a new dealership and it has been there since Monday. They said they cleared the codes and check engine light on Monday and have been driving it every day and canā€™t get it to mess up again. They said the codes that were in there were stored and not active. They want me to come get my truck now. Is it possible for stored codes to trigger a check engine light and make the truck have same symptoms as before? They said Chrysler will not issue a star case unless they can duplicate the problem. Is that true?
Sponsored

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Anyone else had this issue?

Hank_

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Mojave, 1941 Willys
Occupation
Ford and Jeep warranty claim analyst.
I do believe the have to duplicate the concern to start a star case. Electrical issues are some of the hardest to repair. A wire can be damaged in a way that only acts up intermittently. Hang in ther and keep working with them. If you can duplicate the issue try to remember what you were doing when it happened. What was the weather like, was the road bumpy. Little things like that can help them get it fixed and back on the road. Good luck.

Hank

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
I do believe the have to duplicate the concern to start a star case. Electrical issues are some of the hardest to repair. A wire can be damaged in a way that only acts up intermittently. Hang in ther and keep working with them. If you can duplicate the issue try to remember what you were doing when it happened. What was the weather like, was the road bumpy. Little things like that can help them get it fixed and back on the road. Good luck.

Hank
I got lucky after they had it all week and drove it everyday with out being able to duplicate problem I go to pick it up and as soon as I try to start it to leave dealership it goes crazy

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Anyone else had this issue?
Has this been resolved since your most recent dealer visit, LiftedrubiconJT? If not, send us a private message and we would be happy to dig in further.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored