Deals made on the Base Sport Model

fdarmi

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport, Cayenne GTS, Trailblazer SS, 300ZX
I am shopping two dealers for a base Sport (not S) in Gator with Max Tow, one has the factory bedliner (which I do want) the other no bedliner but a few other options (soft roll tonneau, slush mats, siriusXM) all I am ok with. MSRPs are $38630 and $39190 respectively. I am working on both deals via phone/email/text because one is 2hrs away the other 1:30hrs away. I am using my own finance and in both cases they are barely offering invoice pricing, not even 1% below invoice. I am reading about deals had by others that seem more aggressive but not knowing models and options I canā€™t determine where my offers stand in terms of a good deal. My guess is base models with few options limits the dealers discounts. I would like to hear from other base sport owners and what they paid. Both Gladiators are on the dealers lots and I am not interested in ordering.
Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
You are in Pennsylvania and I am in South Carolina, big drive distance for you. I have a base Sport. I ordered mine from the factory from a local dealership so I would get my truck in the color I wanted and with just the options I wanted and without options that I did not want. Got it at 5 or 6 percent below dealership cost, forget if it was 5 or 6. I can only suggest that you call around and ask dealerships whatā€™s there best percentage below cost and then order and wait a couple of months to get your ride. If you get one off of a dealerships lot then you will have to settle for a truck that may not be in the color you like best, may have options that you really donā€™t want and may not have all of the options that you do want and may be loaded up with dealership installed accessories. Travis at Tri-City is in North Carolina and I think he sells at 6 or 7 percent below cost. Itā€™s a shorter drive for you. And if you order from a dealership then I suggest that you get it in writing from them that they will not put any accessories on the truck when it gets there. Thatā€™s how dealerships make tons and extra profits, throwing junk on the trucks that cost them peanuts and they then charge hefty prices for such things. Good luck with it.

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Occupation
Department of the Army Civilian
A lot of it depends on your area also. Iā€™m driving 6 hours for my deal at 4% under invoice, but that is mainly because of this particular Gladiator. If I wasnā€™t picky, I think I could have gotten the same deal around here. It seems silver is a color that sticks around for a long time and a dealer would be more willing to deal on that over a ā€œnewerā€ color.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant

NaughtyGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
The best you can probably do if you're not willing to order would be to start playing them against each other. Send both an email stating their offer won't work for you and the other one will likely work for you better. They have the upper hand knowing you want what they have. If there's at least one other option it bumps your negotiating power immensely. If they haven't had the units long and a lot of interest has already been shown you may be out of luck as well.

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
The best you can probably do if you're not willing to order would be to start playing them against each other. Send both an email stating their offer won't work for you and the other one will likely work for you better. They have the upper hand knowing you want what they have. If there's at least one other option it bumps your negotiating power immensely. If they haven't had the units long and a lot of interest has already been shown you may be out of luck as well.
Itā€™s the end of the month. Tell them you are walking and then get a quote from Travis. Then you will have some bargaining power. But hurry up and get the FCA membership so your pricing starts at 1% below invoice. There are many options which may include your own employer. Search the forum for list of other affiliates.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
Donā€™t want the factory bedliner? Something wrong with that option? Or just donā€™t want it period? Asking because the Sport S Iā€™m receiving tomorrow has it.

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU and 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I believe the OP says he does want the bedliner.

I have it on mine and really like it

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
I believe the OP says he does want the bedliner.

I have it on mine and really like it
ahhh my bad, attempted to read w/o my glasses (getting older sucks)

glad to hear you like it! Iā€™ve noticed it has been a scarce option on dealer stock of Sport Ss around here

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
What part of Pa are you in?

Sponsored

OP
OP

fdarmi

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ahhh my bad, attempted to read w/o my glasses (getting older sucks)

glad to hear you like it! Iā€™ve noticed it has been a scarce option on dealer stock of Sport Ss around here
Sport (not s) - must have
Gator - must have
Max Tow - must have
Auto Trans (incl. w/max) - must have
Bedliner - prefer but not essential can do aftermarket
Beyond these nothing is essential but I would consider some of the available options if the deal is right.

FYI getting older does suck, just got bifocals, I feel you.

OP
OP

fdarmi

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What part of Pa are you in?
Southeast PA, just west of Philly and close enough for same day pickup at Quadratec

Mofo67

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I donā€™t have any experience buying a non-S Gladiator but I bought my Sport S back in July. It has Hard Top, Automatic, Max Tow, 7ā€ radio, convenience package and a couple of other things. Sticker was $44,4xx. I visited 1 dealer no discount, a second dealer $1,400 off and the dealer I bought it from I paid $40,000. They threw in the Mopar all weather mats, nitrogen in the tires and paint and interior protection. I think the interior and paint protection is a scam but for free Iā€™ll take it. I would determine the price I want to pay OTD, make an offer over the phone and tell them with the accepted offer you will give them a deposit and be there in hours/day to pick it up. If they agree ask them to send it to you in an email before you give them the deposit. 2 days left in November and not sure about PA but itā€™s been a slow retail month here in NC.

Flygirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
This is exactly the deal that I want! What dealership did you get it from? I am in southern Virginia but can travel a little if I need to. Thanks!
I donā€™t have any experience buying a non-S Gladiator but I bought my Sport S back in July. It has Hard Top, Automatic, Max Tow, 7ā€ radio, convenience package and a couple of other things. Sticker was $44,4xx. I visited 1 dealer no discount, a second dealer $1,400 off and the dealer I bought it from I paid $40,000. They threw in the Mopar all weather mats, nitrogen in the tires and paint and interior protection. I think the interior and paint protection is a scam but for free Iā€™ll take it. I would determine the price I want to pay OTD, make an offer over the phone and tell them with the accepted offer you will give them a deposit and be there in hours/day to pick it up. If they agree ask them to send it to you in an email before you give them the deposit. 2 days left in November and not sure about PA but itā€™s been a slow retail month here in NC.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
@fdarmi, I think it's entirely possible that you'd get deeper discount on a Sport S than a Sport. There simply aren't many out there, whereas dealer lots have plenty of Ss. I'd suggest you consider a Sport S, configured how you'd want it and work that.

Your biggest challenge is your color. Gator simply hasn't been out very long; demand is high and supply is low.
Sponsored