youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
  • Banned
As a faithful follower and consumer of your products, I feel let down.

1) There is only the softop from the mfg available. You guys “make it” for them. In my personal opinion, it’s ugly. Nobody wants the “ raised safari roof” I personally barely fit in my garage with a hardtop with or without the sunrider(that I love).

2) You continue to make products for other companies (which is fine) but as in gladiator stuff you only focused on the bed (tonneau covers and super top) and reused (very successfully) your sunrider.

On my previous JKU, I bought a NX plus… it was my favorite top of all time and was super happy to see the same style used on the JL wrangler platform. But to have only the oem safari style as the only one is very disappointing for even a niche vehicle as the gladiator is.

I’m being honest here… are you guys coming out with one or even R&D’ing a flat top soft top for the gladiator? If not, I want to know.

Thank you.

ps… picture of my previous jku

5060BB3F-F070-48CA-AB11-FC5E3366ED2C.jpeg
Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey Bryan,
Thanks for being a customer and I'm sorry to hear you feel let down on your new Gladiator. Surely we will have complete soft top options for the Gladiator as the Jeep brand runs in our blood, all the way back to the MB that we still make tops for. The Gladiator is still a relatively new platform and as you described it as "niche", it will likely take some time for many of the aftermarket solutions to hit the market.
I would love to be able to provide you with exact details, but you have to respect that for strategic reasons I can't disclose the status of upcoming products with the transparency that you're asking for. Hopefully we bring something to market soon that will satisfy what you're looking for, until then, thanks again for being a customer.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Blue21Rubicon

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator JT, 1984 Chevy K10 Silverado
Occupation
Aerospace
Hey Bryan,
Thanks for being a customer and I'm sorry to hear you feel let down on your new Gladiator. Surely we will have complete soft top options for the Gladiator as the Jeep brand runs in our blood, all the way back to the MB that we still make tops for. The Gladiator is still a relatively new platform and as you described it as "niche", it will likely take some time for many of the aftermarket solutions to hit the market.
I would love to be able to provide you with exact details, but you have to respect that for strategic reasons I can't disclose the status of upcoming products with the transparency that you're asking for. Hopefully we bring something to market soon that will satisfy what you're looking for, until then, thanks again for being a customer.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
@Bestop if you are creating a full soft top with more secure hard back window it would be great to know before I go and cut a hard top up to create it. The smaller opening with the sunrider for hard top just doesn't give me the top off convertible feeling I wanted the jeep for even though it is a nice product.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/full-sunrider-hardtop-hybrid.50222/#post-817286

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
Hey Bryan,

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Dear Bestop, please consider color options. This might be asking too much, but something in Sarge Green would be awesome! I'd even pay a premium for a custom color. Thank you!

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
100% Bestop is the go to but they don’t offer anything I want for an almost 3 year old vehicle. I’ll be buying the suntop before next summer unless Bestop has something better. I don’t want a $1000 flip top or a $2000 soft top that’s portly designed.

Sponsored

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Dear Bestop, please consider color options. This might be asking too much, but something in Sarge Green would be awesome! I'd even pay a premium for a custom color. Thank you!
A tan soft top option is what we gladiator owners have been asking for since the trucks debut!

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
On the other hand, @Bestop , thank you for one of the best jeep soft tops I have seen on my 2020 Gladiator, in over 5 models of Wranglers/Cjs. This Gladiator Premium soft top is one of the fastest and easiest tops to put up and take down. Most of my use is just with the rear corners and window out March to June and Sept to Dec I Mid-Atlantic). Fastest and easiest attachment system ever. Thank you.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
On the other hand, @Bestop , thank you for one of the best jeep soft tops I have seen on my 2020 Gladiator, in over 5 models of Wranglers/Cjs. This Gladiator Premium soft top is one of the fastest and easiest tops to put up and take down. Most of my use is just with the rear corners and window out March to June and Sept to Dec I Mid-Atlantic). Fastest and easiest attachment system ever. Thank you.
Appreciate the kind words :please: !!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
A soft top that folds all the way down to the bed for that full convertible feeling would be awesome. Many of us wouldn't mind losing that space in the bed for that.

Speaking for myself if I'm using my full bed I'm in utility and work mode and not concerned with opening the top. Lol

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
A soft top that folds all the way down to the bed for that full convertible feeling would be awesome. Many of us wouldn't mind losing that space in the bed for that.

Speaking for myself if I'm using my full bed I'm in utility and work mode and not concerned with opening the top. Lol
Same, although it would be fine with me if it wasn't technically all the way down, just halfway close so it didn't look dumb or become a parachute. One of the competitor automatic full soft tops (prototype status) that I found on this site does that, so doesn't take up any bed space.

I really hope Bestop does have a timeline coming up for a more fully folding / roll-up soft top in the next 6 months. I'm planning to purchase for warm weather this year and would prefer to go Bestop because of the reputation. But have my eyes on a couple competitor products if nothing is available.

TheRealGinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
A tan soft top option is what we gladiator owners have been asking for since the trucks debut!
Bumping this thread for an update. @Bestop: It is now 2023...Is there any chance you would consider releasing a tan soft top, even if it is a limited run? No R&D required just get the tan material...

I have a tan Softopper that I love and a black hard top that I would prefer to change to a tan soft top all year round...I miss my soft top from my JLUR! The only tan option right now is a SunTop and it does not seem like an all year round solution...

Edit - Another thought is you could source the same material as the tan Softopper now that you are the same company!

Cheers

Last edited:

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Bumping this thread for an update. @Bestop: It is now 2023...Is there any chance you would consider releasing a tan soft top, even if it is a limited run? No R&D required just get the tan material...

I have a tan Softopper that I love and a black hard top that I would prefer to change to a tan soft top all year round...I miss my soft top from my JLUR! The only tan option right now is a SunTop and it does not seem like an all year round solution...

Edit - Another thought is you could source the same material as the tan Softopper now that you are the same company!

Cheers
@TheRealGinjaNinja Unfortunately there are no plans to make our tops in tan, I'm so sorry! I will share your feedback with the team though! :)
~Crystal@Bestop
Sponsored