Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Teacher
Dear Jeep Gladiator,

It's not you, it's me. You are the most beautiful truck I've ever been with. I remember the first time I saw a picture of you, i was captivated. I'd heard that your top came off easily, but when I saw it for the first time In person, I was speechless. The way you held me tight as we played in the sand together, it just felt ... right. It felt like we were made for each other. Like I'd been waiting for you all of my life.

When you first started to ask for money for stuff to make you prettier I tried to tell you it wasn't necessary. But to be honest, you were right and i was wrong. With every expensive purchase we made you just got better and better. And my wallet got thinner and thinner.

And boy, could you drink. It started to become a problem, but i just looked past it. "It's ok" I thought to myself, "it's normal".

I started to hear stories about you. That you were unreliable, or "toxic."

" Not my jeep" i would say. " The others might me like that, but my truck is different!".

Then I heard the noise out of your engine between 3rd and 4th gear. I took you to the doc. They told me that it was normal. Nothing they could do. I thought I heard them snicker. " See you soon" the staff said as I left, bewildered.

Then came the transmission clunk. "Hey", i said. It's not supposed to be like this! What is wrong with you!?

You answered by breaking off the sunvisor as I was driving home at sunset. Just as i needed it most.

I asked around, and everyone just told me- the clicking, the ticking, the clunking the breaking, it's a "jeep thing". It's normal! Wait for a recall! Or a class action suit!

I told i wasn't sure I was going to be able to afford you and all your accessories and repairs. "get another job" you said. "work overtime, you bum! We're gonna be together for a long time".

Well I just can't do it. You see, I've never had a jeep before. I've always had Toyotas. They've always been reliable, trustworthy. But they've also been a bit boring.

So i went looking and, I'm sorry, but I've fallen for a Tacoma. She's not as beautiful as you, and her top doesn't come off at all. But she's good for me. And she takes me wherever you did too. We have a good time together and there is a whole lot less drama.

Look, it's not you. It's me. I just don't like the drama.

Thanks for the time we had! I hope you find someone else who's just for you. I really do mean that.

You are not bad, you are just bad for me.

Can we still be Friends?
Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Dear Jeep Gladiator,

It's not you, it's me. You are the most beautiful truck I've ever been with. I remember the first time I saw a picture of you, i was captivated. I'd heard that your top came off easily, but when I saw it for the first time In person, I was speechless. The way you held me tight as we played in the sand together, it just felt ... right. It felt like we were made for each other. Like I'd been waiting for you all of my life.

When you first started to ask for money for stuff to make you prettier I tried to tell you it wasn't necessary. But to be honest, you were right and i was wrong. With every expensive purchase we made you just got better and better. And my wallet got thinner and thinner.

And boy, could you drink. It started to become a problem, but i just looked past it. "It's ok" I thought to myself, "it's normal".

" Not my jeep" i would say. " The others might me like that, but my truck is different!".

Then I heard the noise out of your engine between 3rd and 4th gear. I took you to the doc. They told me that it was normal. Nothing they could do. I thought I heard them snicker. " See you soon" the staff said as I left, bewildered.

Then came the transmission clunk. "Hey", i said. It's not supposed to be like this! What is wrong with you!?

You answered by breaking off the sunvisor as I was driving home at sunset. Just as i needed it most.

I asked around, and everyone just told me- the clicking, the ticking, the clunking the breaking, it's a "jeep thing". It's normal! Wait for a recall! Or a class action suit!

I told i wasn't sure I was going to be able to afford you and all your accessories and repairs. "get another job" you said. "work overtime, you bum! We're gonna be together for a long time".

Well I just can't do it. You see, I've never had a jeep before. I've always had Toyotas. They've always been reliable, trustworthy. But they've also been a bit boring.

So i went looking and, I'm sorry, but I've fallen for a Tacoma. She's not as beautiful as you, and her top doesn't come off at all. But she's good for me. And she takes me wherever you did too. We have a good time together and there is a whole lot less drama.

Thanks for the time we had! I hope you find someone else who's just for you. I really do mean that.

Can we still be Friends?
should've gotten a Tundra if not the Gladiator route, Taco is meh, also to note the transmission is far inferior to the 850RE

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Sounds like a poor dealership. You recently came in the forum with a problem, and jumped right into a Taco after registering a year ago.
Not all Tacoma's are great. Also, underwhelming engine and weird shifting transmission. No rear seat space and many fanboys.

Sponsored

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
I wonder how soon before he posts the same screed in a Taco forum?
I did a lot of research before buying the Gladiator, and that's WITH owning multiple other Jeeps.
I talked to my friend who was a Toyota dealer mechanic. When I asked him about new Toyota trucks, he just laughed and said "look around. Do you see ANYONE in my family driving one?"

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Meh, whatever, drive what you like. I like tacos. But life's too short for fixed roofs and permanent doors. If I were having issues with my jeeps I'd probably get a bronco. But I totally get the lack of trust and need to move on.
Luckily, I found a good dealership.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
I like the Taco a lot. I wasn’t a fan of the seating or the transmission though. The ZF 8 speed and Ford’s 10 speed are just light years ahead of what Toyota had to offer at the time…Smooth like a hot knife cutting through butter.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Dear Jeep Gladiator,

Can we still be Friends?
You sir win the internet’s today. Well done… 🤣

Jeep Gladiator Dear Jeep 1647294770407

Sponsored

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Dear Jeep Gladiator,

Can we still be Friends?
It’s funny but in actuality I went the other way and could’ve written a similar John Deer to Toyota. I had a 2019 Tacoma and unsuccessfully spent a fortune on her trying to turn her into everything my Gator Rubi is.

The Taco was dependable but there was no fire in our relationship. I didn’t find myself thinking about her when we were apart. And when we were together I caught myself fantasying about other vehicles constantly. I secretly kept Mopar catalogs of the JT under my mattress and would pour over them at night. I tried hard to make it work with the Taco, I really did but in the end my lust won out. My Rubi and I are still going strong and extremely happy now.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the Taco a lot. I wasn’t a fan of the seating or the transmission though. The ZF 8 speed and Ford’s 10 speed are just light years ahead of what Toyota had to offer at the time…Smooth like a hot knife cutting through butter.
that German ZF is top notch

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Sounds like a poor dealership. You recently came in the forum with a problem, and jumped right into a Taco after registering a year ago.
Not all Tacoma's are great. Also, underwhelming engine and weird shifting transmission. No rear seat space and many fanboys.
Despite what some here say they are reliable. That’s about all they have going for them though. I got tons of compliments on it but couldn’t stand mine even after spending a small fortune on it. Biggest mistake I ever made. . .

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Despite what some here say they are reliable. That’s about all they have going for them though. I got tons of compliments on it but couldn’t stand mine even after spending a small fortune on it. Biggest mistake I ever made. . .
My choices when I bought the JTR were Civic Type R (yes, I know totally different vehicle), Tacoma TRD Pro, JL, or wait for a Bronco. Then I saw the JT. And all the other choices disappeared. Coolest vehicle I've ever owned.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t doubt the reliability but shifts definitely aren’t near as smooth
Sponsored