Death Wobble Questions

vh5150

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys 2021
First time Jeep owner and trying to learn more about the death wobble. First, is it accurate to say you can get the death wobble on a stock Gladiator? Second, if you run spacers are as likely to get death wobble as say a full suspension lift (mopar for example)? I hadn't heard of the death wobble before purchasing and I'd like to better understand, as like most of you with having the family in the vehicle.
Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Yes, you can stock.

it is usually attributed to worn out ball joints, track bar, tie rod ends.

Last edited:
OP
OP

vh5150

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys 2021
Stock episodes are rare. I never experienced it stock.

I’ve had it 3x.
Twice was worn out drag link bushings.
Other was worn out ball joints.
I just learned of this as a thing and immediately started rethinking my plan for a basic spacer lift and 35s. But it sounds as if I stay on top of things and have the dealer regularly check things that may help mitigate the risk?

Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Mopar lift and 35s. I recommend it. You’ll be fine. It’s a small lift with factory parts and bushings.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
i said drag link, meant to say track bar. Edited my posts above.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
First time Jeep owner and trying to learn more about the death wobble. First, is it accurate to say you can get the death wobble on a stock Gladiator? Second, if you run spacers are as likely to get death wobble as say a full suspension lift (mopar for example)? I hadn't heard of the death wobble before purchasing and I'd like to better understand, as like most of you with having the family in the vehicle.
Google it or use the search feature on this site. You might find a few hundred response on this topic. Fill your mug and get a big bowl of snacks, you should be done reading…….next week.😏
Sponsored