First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
So my build has been in KZ OA – plant hold, quality audit for over a week now. Getting a little nervous that I have a lemon coming. Seriously debating telling my dealer I don't want this jeep if it takes the factory over a week to fix whatever the mistake is on it. Am I being overly concerned? I really don't want to fight with my local service department cause the whole place is incompetent.
Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
So my build has been in KZ OA – plant hold, quality audit for over a week now. Getting a little nervous that I have a lemon coming. Seriously debating telling my dealer I don't want this jeep if it takes the factory over a week to fix whatever the mistake is on it. Am I being overly concerned? I really don't want to fight with my local service department cause the whole place is incompetent.
You're a whopping 3+ weeks since you ordered and are concerned about the delay? Think you are being a little paranoid. There are folks here who have been stuck in I (inspection) for over a month. Several months ago people were getting stuck in all sorts of build states for various reasons for months. Really looks like Jeep is finally getting their act together and there are fewer and fewer holds. Come back and talk after 6 months. :CWL:

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
Yes you are being overly concerned...

we get many vehicles that are pulled for quality audit (Ford and FCA)...

meaning that they are pulled at random out of production to get scrutinized more thoroughly...

making sure that the process's that are in place are being followed that is how they found the driveshaft error...

at that time they need to go back and find where it started...

most times the vehicle just get processed and go on their merry way...

OP
OP
Oscar Indy

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Yes you are being overly concerned...

we get many vehicles that are pulled for quality audit (Ford and FCA)...

meaning that they are pulled at random out of production to get scrutinized more thoroughly...

making sure that the process's that are in place are being followed that is how they found the driveshaft error...

at that time they need to go back and find where it started...

most times the vehicle just get processed and go on their merry way...
What's a reasonable time to sit in KZOA? It's been there 9 days so far. I wouldnt give a shit if it was hanging out in regular KZ waiting on a train. The OA has me worried.

OP
OP
Oscar Indy

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
. Come back and talk after 6 months. :CWL:
You missed the point. Couldnt care less if it was a 6 month wait. I don't want a lemon that they had issues with right off the assembly line.

And honestly I'd rather wait 6 more months than spend 3 min in a service department because the factory couldn't figure it out either.

Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
You missed the point. Couldnt care less if it was a 6 month wait. I don't want a lemon that they had issues with right off the assembly line.
No, you missed the point. They hold them for various inspections. These holds have been getting shorter and shorter and they production line has progressed over the last 6 months.

What proof do you have that there is a quality issue with your vehicle or it's a lemon? None. It could simply be in the queue for a quality inspection, not that there was an actual quality issue. 3 weeks and already built, I'd be doing the happy dance you're likely getting yours so quickly. Once in KZ, tracking sort of goes to hell anyway. Heard people complaining of being "stuck" in various KZ states only to get a call from their dealer to come pick it up (while Jeep never updated the status).

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
did not miss the point at all...

you are assuming that your vehicle has a problem..

they pull quality audits at random and un(lucky) you are had the magic bean...

OP
OP
Oscar Indy

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
My dealer is the one that indicated it had an issue. I asked him to find out exactly what but he hasnt responded.

OP
OP
Oscar Indy

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Thanks for easing my concerns some. Still worried but less so.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
I wouldn't stress over it. The statuses have been proven to be a bit of a shot in the dark at times. As someone mentioned, yours might already be on the gravy train to funky town and you could be told to pick it up at your dealer tomorrow.

This is why they don't give us minute-by-minute update features. Having been a plant manager for power transmission manufacturing before, I can say it's better to focus on getting the job done the right way than to appease the consumer in these instances. Even if the status is correct and it has been in a quality inspection for this period of time, you may have just been the straw that got picked for a statistical quality analysis and nothing is wrong at all!

...Or there could be something wrong. Regardless, no sense in speculating.

Sponsored

mreloc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 991.2 VW GTI
Actually, I'd be grateful if they pulled mine for a Quality Audit... it would mean they were going over it with a fine-toothed comb (hopefully) and would correct any issues that might otherwise just be delivered to me to deal with.

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
Slower delivery beats follow-up visits to the dealership for fixes every day of the week.

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Actually, I'd be grateful if they pulled mine for a Quality Audit... it would mean they were going over it with a fine-toothed comb (hopefully) and would correct any issues that might otherwise just be delivered to me to deal with.
This^
Might be a blessing. Hang in there bro.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
My dealer is the one that indicated it had an issue. I asked him to find out exactly what but he hasnt responded.
So, as Kent is picking me up at the airport tonight, he says he's texting with this guy who is concerned about getting a lemon because he's in KZ OA. Oh, you mean Oscar? Ha.

Kent said basically the same thing we are saying on this thread...nothing to worry about, no indication anything is wrong with your build. Sure didn't sound like he ever said there was an issue with yours. You may have assumed that with the KZ OA status.

Glad my wait is finally over after 6 months. You should be fine with a considerably shorter wait....
peterson.jpeg

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO

And honestly I'd rather wait 6 more months than spend 3 min in a service department because the factory couldn't figure it out either.
If there is something wrong with it wouldnt you rather it be at the plant where they built it with thousands of top notch people who know the truck
Sponsored