Decisions, Decisions

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Man the closer I get the more difficult it seems to be getting (Sheesh). I have about $40K to spend on the truck. Can't decide whether to get something more loaded with creature comforts or something with less features and have some dollars to do some things with. Its gonna be a daily driver with some beach and hauling kayak down bumpy, holey, ,muddy places to launch. If I max out on creature comforts inside and money then it might be awhile before I an do anything else.

I know I am gonna want to do a few things to the truck like rims, tires, etc. Nothing crazy 33" Rubicon take offs or maybe 35's, spray in liner and hard top back flip cover for the bed.

I have seen a handful of JT hitting the lots here in the Houston area for around $36K and could probably get them down a bit more. They are not loaded with a lot. Max Tow, 7" Screen, Convivence package, and a few other things. Has hard top which I didn't want but could maybe sell that and buy soft top. No premium sound but perhaps could get some new speakers, etc to make up for that as I have a friend who does audio customizing
Sponsored

Danroy

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Man the closer I get the more difficult it seems to be getting (Sheesh). I have about $40K to spend on the truck. Can't decide whether to get something more loaded with creature comforts or something with less features and have some dollars to do some things with. Its gonna be a daily driver with some beach and hauling kayak down bumpy, holey, ,muddy places to launch. If I max out on creature comforts inside and money then it might be awhile before I an do anything else.

I know I am gonna want to do a few things to the truck like rims, tires, etc. Nothing crazy 33" Rubicon take offs or maybe 35's, spray in liner and hard top back flip cover for the bed.

I have seen a handful of JT hitting the lots here in the Houston area for around $36K and could probably get them down a bit more. They are not loaded with a lot. Max Tow, 7" Screen, Convivence package, and a few other things. Has hard top which I didn't want but could maybe sell that and buy soft top. No premium sound but perhaps could get some new speakers, etc to make up for that as I have a friend who does audio customizing
Not sure about your area but they’re currently offering $3,500 in rebates around me on Overland’s, might be something to look into.

db305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Max Tow

also houston for almost that exact same build, and i've had little to no luck getting them below 36k. now i'm wondering about waiting for selec-trac on 2021s or being able to using the impending release to get a better price (2021 sheet was not released when i last spoke to a dealer).

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
also houston for almost that exact same build, and i've had little to no luck getting them below 36k. now i'm wondering about waiting for selec-trac on 2021s or being able to using the impending release to get a better price (2021 sheet was not released when i last spoke to a dealer).
Yea the MSRP is listed at $43,125 for the one I am looking at and they are around $36K on it before any talking. I need to plug everything into the gladiator pricing sheet to see what it shows or comes up with regarding below invoice pricing.

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is window sticker of one of the vehicles that are in transit. From what I can see they have about 4-5 of them in transit (Gobi, Gator, Granite Crystal and a couple other colors) All of them seem to be specked out the same but its interesting that yesterday they were all listed at $36,663 and to day they are all ranging from $36,663 for the Gobi and then others going up to around $37,000.

Attachments

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
One thing to keep in mind is unless you find somebody selling the soft top it is expensive as hell to buy from the dealer assuming they can even get it. You might want to see if any of the ones on the lot are dual top and you can sell your hard top maybe.

I say go for more functionality than features. I have a super stripped down rubicon and have added my own things where I want them. Saved a ton, and get all the best features that are impossible to add after the fact.

For where you are looking keep with features you know you can't add later, or would be exponentially high. Like Max tow, and strangly enough the cargo managment group option. Aux switches are another one that is a pain to add.

Things like leather seats can be done for around what FCA chargers. Somebody on here even made their's heated and cooled when adding the leather.

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One thing to keep in mind is unless you find somebody selling the soft top it is expensive as hell to buy from the dealer assuming they can even get it. You might want to see if any of the ones on the lot are dual top and you can sell your hard top maybe.

I say go for more functionality than features. I have a super stripped down rubicon and have added my own things where I want them. Saved a ton, and get all the best features that are impossible to add after the fact.

For where you are looking keep with features you know you can't add later, or would be exponentially high. Like Max tow, and strangly enough the cargo managment group option. Aux switches are another one that is a pain to add.

Things like leather seats can be done for around what FCA chargers. Somebody on here even made their's heated and cooled when adding the leather.
Yea I wasn't looking for a lot of stuff. It has the 7" screen which is fine for me as I use Apple Car Play and Waze alot. If or when the time comes I may ask them to add in the aux switches for future use but I have seen a few nice aftermarket switch panels although they were all overkill for my uses. Likely just add some more lights and maybe a winch in time if I ever get into overlanding. The soft top was the main thing I wanted so will have to see how that works out.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
Yea I wasn't looking for a lot of stuff. It has the 7" screen which is fine for me as I use Apple Car Play and Waze alot. If or when the time comes I may ask them to add in the aux switches for future use but I have seen a few nice aftermarket switch panels although they were all overkill for my uses. Likely just add some more lights and maybe a winch in time if I ever get into overlanding. The soft top was the main thing I wanted so will have to see how that works out.
Then your good. since you want a winch, The factory steel bumper is a rip off by the time you account for it being a $2400 item. Requires LED lights, the bumper and a winch plate.

If you go aftermarket on the bumper one with a plate can be had for 4-5 hundred.

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then your good. since you want a winch, The factory steel bumper is a rip off by the time you account for it being a $2400 item. Requires LED lights, the bumper and a winch plate.

If you go aftermarket on the bumper one with a plate can be had for 4-5 hundred.
Yea I have seen a few nice aftermarket bumpers I like. I likely will change it out but go for the winch later. For me adding some more lights aftermarket would be on my priority since often when I am launching or coming back from trips on the water, etc its often dark and nice to be able to hit a switch and throw some extra light on the area and the back of the truck. So a bumper with the ability to add a light bar or something will be nice. Maybe some little cube lights on the corners by the windshield and some bed lights. I am talking to few dealerships currently to see where they are at on price such as the one listed as well as seeing what I can get on my 2017 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab. I still owe $18k on it but I only have 40k miles on it and have kept it in very good condition. Blue Book Trade in value is at around $23K but I wouldn't expect to get that on trade in.

db305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Max Tow
This is window sticker of one of the vehicles that are in transit. From what I can see they have about 4-5 of them in transit (Gobi, Gator, Granite Crystal and a couple other colors) All of them seem to be specked out the same but its interesting that yesterday they were all listed at $36,663 and to day they are all ranging from $36,663 for the Gobi and then others going up to around $37,000.
just picked my gator sport s max tow yesterday for $35700 (after incentives) at autonation houston down by the stadium. spec'd exactly like the sticker you attached minus the $245 upcharge for the granite crystal paint. they gave me the best trade-in value of anyone and were 100% straightforward with me. first visit to agree on price and second visit with financing took less than 2 hours combined. if you go there, greg and brian were the ones that helped me out and will treat you right.

Sponsored

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just picked my gator sport s max tow yesterday for $35700 (after incentives) at autonation houston down by the stadium. spec'd exactly like the sticker you attached minus the $245 upcharge for the granite crystal paint. they gave me the best trade-in value of anyone and were 100% straightforward with me. first visit to agree on price and second visit with financing took less than 2 hours combined. if you go there, greg and brian were the ones that helped me out and will treat you right.
Great I perhaps need to check them out as I haven't looked at their location. That price is well within my budget. I sent them a message see if they get back to me they have a Granite Crystal Sport S showing as in transit but not listing a lot of the features. I tried pulling up the window sticker but it didn't come up. Do you remember those guys last names by any chance

Last edited:

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
Yea I have seen a few nice aftermarket bumpers I like. I likely will change it out but go for the winch later. For me adding some more lights aftermarket would be on my priority since often when I am launching or coming back from trips on the water, etc its often dark and nice to be able to hit a switch and throw some extra light on the area and the back of the truck. So a bumper with the ability to add a light bar or something will be nice. Maybe some little cube lights on the corners by the windshield and some bed lights. I am talking to few dealerships currently to see where they are at on price such as the one listed as well as seeing what I can get on my 2017 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab. I still owe $18k on it but I only have 40k miles on it and have kept it in very good condition. Blue Book Trade in value is at around $23K but I wouldn't expect to get that on trade in.
Tons of options with those. Quadreatch even sells a pretty universal on that bolts onto your fairlead mount.

Some people on the forum have even done some cool aux lights in the stock rear bumper. Tons of options there.

I will warn you about the cube lights, it is suprisingly fun to pull the windshield down. Most people think I am crazy, but I think its a blast, lol

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I'm a 40K guy too. Just remember these things are well optioned at the base sport level, AC, 4X4, sound, Jeep, Truck, etc. At that price you'll get some extras. Post a pic when you're in yours!

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tons of options with those. Quadreatch even sells a pretty universal on that bolts onto your fairlead mount.

Some people on the forum have even done some cool aux lights in the stock rear bumper. Tons of options there.

I will warn you about the cube lights, it is suprisingly fun to pull the windshield down. Most people think I am crazy, but I think its a blast, lol
I see quadratec has some cube lights with adapters that will fit perfectly in the rear bumper where the reflectors are at. Going to put some extra lighting under the rails of the bed and local shop has a light that I want to put on the front that throws out a ton of light. Trying to see where or how to mount it if I just keep the stock bumper for now. Got some new LED Amber bulbs for the fog lights and also the LED bulbs many of the forum members used in their stock lights. Think that will give me enough lighting and pass on the corner cube lights.

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm a 40K guy too. Just remember these things are well optioned at the base sport level, AC, 4X4, sound, Jeep, Truck, etc. At that price you'll get some extras. Post a pic when you're in yours!
I picked mine up couple weeks ago for $37500 with extended warranty. Left me with some money to play. Got some Rubi Take offs for $650 which I have since put on the truck and done a bunch of somewhat cheap interior mods. IWaiting on my Bak Flip MX4 Cover, HDX side steps and Undercover swing box for the back. That pretty much ate up the rest of my money I had budgeted. I managed to find a premium soft top still in the box for $1200 so I kind of had to take a bit from savings since the top put me over my budget but couldn't pass it up. So now anything else will just have to be as I get some spare case but not planning on doing to much more other than adding some extra lights.

I wish it had premium sound as the factory standard sound is not to great but I can live with it till I get a chance over time to maybe change the speakers out.

Jeep Gladiator Decisions, Decisions Jeep Truck
Sponsored