First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Does anyone have experience doing a Def/Egr /dpf delete on the Ecodiesel? I don’t want to lose my warranty but at the same time the dealer could easily not honor my warranty with my current build.
Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Since you're still concerned about maintaining the warranty, I would say don't do it until you're out of warranty since any kind of EGR/DPF delete would most certainly void it.

OP
OP
Chief_jeep

Chief_jeep

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Yeah I’m definitely on the fence. I have no emission regulations in my county and I’m pretty sure the dealer will already give me a hard time about warranty. I’d keep all the parts to reverse the delete and I’d clone an ecu on the off chance something catastrophic happened. Im just curious what others people experiences are with it, performance wise.

ParatusExpeditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
I think it exists “stage 1” tunes that are only a PCM flash that would do DEF + EGR delete. But you’d keep the DPF filter as this requires removal of part. So it still can go in regen etc.
I’m in California so, not really an expert here 🥲

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Move to Canada Eh? LOL

Iowafarm

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon, Chevy Camaro SS, HD Wideglide
Occupation
Farmer
In my area many people still are doing deletes, but the EPA is stepping up on enforcement. Also if they treat cars the same as Semi trucks you will be completely without any dealership support. Peterbilt will do no work on truck with delete, and they will not take them on trade without you undeleting the engine.

OP
OP
Chief_jeep

Chief_jeep

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
This is my biggest concern. I will likely clone a backup ECU and keep all my stock parts. It should be fairly easy to reverse the delete when I sell it or if anything catastrophic were to happen while it is still under warranty.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Curious what you are looking to gain with a delete? Other than removing parts they may end up giving you trouble.

OP
OP
Chief_jeep

Chief_jeep

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Long term reliability and added performance. The modern def systems aren’t good for longevity especially if you idle or run low rpm’s. Last time I did a multi day offroading trip I burned a full def tank on my 4 hour drive home.

Sponsored

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Long term reliability and added performance. The modern def systems aren’t good for longevity especially if you idle or run low rpm’s. Last time I did a multi day offroading trip I burned a full def tank on my 4 hour drive home.
I don't understand how that is possible? You may have some other issue here.

GoatPowder

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator EcoDiesel
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Pulling the entire exhaust and swapping out for a straight pipe takes an hour, maybe 2, especially at OP's height he wouldn't even need a lift. A couple crossmembers come down and now unused wiring gets tied up. Drain the DEF tank.

Reversing the process takes the same. Plus buying some DEF and a new downpipe clamp (they're pretty weak sauce if you're not careful).

ECM takes all of 2 minutes to swap.

With stock ECM and exhaust installed warranty is intact, just a minor inconvenience to tow it home to install if something catastrophic fails (or to get a new fuel pump if that time ever comes).

I've been deleted and tuned for most of the time I've had the truck. My engine nor any engine will explode from emissions removal, only bad tuning. I work in this industry, urea systems will eventually become reliable but they're unfortunately not at this point and EGR has never benefited a diesel engine, the nature of the system will always cake up and require cleaning. Period. There's nothing that can be done to stop it. Except shutting it off if you can.

Einar

First Name
Einar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Chief_jeep, Have you had no issues getting in contact with EOC? I have tried now at least 3 times over the past month or so. But not gotten any reply.

Isn't "[email protected]" still the email address to get in contact with them?

OP
OP
Chief_jeep

Chief_jeep

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Yes, I reached out over instagram and they gave me that email address but I haven't gotten a reply. Disappointing as I was going to order from them but I'm not comfortable ordering a tune from a company that doesn't respond. Their listed phone numbers on google don't work either
Sponsored