Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD Kevlar'd
Occupation
Self
Vehicle Showcase
I had to fill up my DEF today. 2100 miles. Said I had 400 till engine would not start. What are you all seeing if you have yet mileage wise.
Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
The DEF tank is supposed to last about as long as an oil change interval (aside from extreme factors) so I would say something is amiss there. Did you fill it initially or just what the dealer had in there when new?
I have not been checking mine closely but I'd say I put a 2.5 gal box in about every ~3500 miles.

OP
OP
Pizziola29

Pizziola29

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD Kevlar'd
Occupation
Self
Vehicle Showcase
The DEF tank is supposed to last about as long as an oil change interval (aside from extreme factors) so I would say something is amiss there. Did you fill it initially or just what the dealer had in there when new?
I have not been checking mine closely but I'd say I put a 2.5 gal box in about every ~3500 miles.
Yeah this was the initial amount that was in there from factory. I have filled it and I will now monitor and see how long it lasts. Thank you for your response.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
My money is on it not being full initially

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L; 2021 JTR EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
I thought I read that the tank is supposed to last about 10k miles

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pizziola29

Pizziola29

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD Kevlar'd
Occupation
Self
Vehicle Showcase
I had to fill up my DEF today. 2100 miles. Said I had 400 till engine would not start. What are you all seeing if you have yet mileage wise.
Ok update. I just finished a 2200 mile trip. 90% freeway. I filled up the DEF tank to the top. I pulled into home last night and got the alert I have 300 or so miles left of DEF. I have reported to Dealer for their input. Something is not right having to fill DEF every 2000 miles.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Dealer will have no idea, without any codes they won’t be able to offer any info.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Ok update. I just finished a 2200 mile trip. 90% freeway. I filled up the DEF tank to the top. I pulled into home last night and got the alert I have 300 or so miles left of DEF. I have reported to Dealer for their input. Something is not right having to fill DEF every 2000 miles.
what was your calculatEd mpg? DEF should be 3% of that usage

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
So it’s a touch high depending upon how accurate your computer is but not off too much. You’d need to hand calculate your mileage to know for sure

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pizziola29

Pizziola29

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD Kevlar'd
Occupation
Self
Vehicle Showcase
So it’s a touch high depending upon how accurate your computer is but not off too much. You’d need to hand calculate your mileage to know for sure
So you think using an entire tank of DEF on 2200 miles is correct?

kclendaniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
For what its worth my DEF consumption is significantly higher than with my Gen2 EcoDiesel Grand Cherokee but I have been towing quite a bit. Of course I did have a GDE tune on that so it is not a good comparison although 10k for a DEF refill is a bit of a stretch. It is a good thing the diesel pump I regularly fill up at also has a DEF nozzle.

ssteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
camaro, audi Q, cj2a, ram
There's an issue. Unless your actually getting 10mpg then your def consumption is at least double what you should be seeing. I would start hand calculating and logging on paper what your getting fuel and def mileage.

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mikeđź–¤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
My DEF was only have full when I received mine, and around 2500 miles I got an alert. I put in 2gallons and it got me another 2000 miles before the alert came on. I then put in 2.5 gallons and have a touch over 6k on it and it is just above the warning zone
Sponsored