DiamondBack Covers | General Thread

UsuallyLost

First Name
Keith
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR MT
I paired my diamondback with an Xtrusion Overland bed rack. I can open the diamondback with the rack on. As you can see, my mid height rack limits how high the cover opens. A cab height rack would be better, I think. I don’t have the rack all the way set up but this should give an idea of how it works in case anyone wants a similar setup.

30A923CB-BFC9-45E1-BE3E-85479AC88D14.jpeg
A83DD663-EC4E-4333-9424-FB40865B30A2.jpeg
8D5C4E35-3E96-484A-B389-F614979AAC59.jpeg
74D91489-EB26-4742-A097-6137C98D4F85.jpeg
A1F7E7DF-D8DE-4AB1-B831-F1B19A2ED5A2.jpeg
Advertisement

clweed

First Name
Lee
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I paired my diamondback with an Xtrusion Overland bed rack. I can open the diamondback with the rack on. As you can see, my mid height rack limits how high the cover opens. A cab height rack would be better, I think. I don’t have the rack all the way set up but this should give an idea of how it works in case anyone wants a similar setup.
What height is yours, I have the 15" extrusion overland ordered to use with my Diamondback. How is the seal around the extrusion brackets?

Lee

UsuallyLost

First Name
Keith
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR MT
I have the 15” rack height also. The back section opens more than wide enough to easily access the bed. The front is limited. The seal is ok around the brackets. It’s a little finicky to get just right but does seal up mostly.

Pookie

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Grand Cherokee
What's the difference between the rails and no rails version? Is it just the Cap Clamps or is the lock bar different too?
I believe it's the type of clamps you get with your cover. I have the no rails version and it seems to work well.

clweed

First Name
Lee
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I have the 15” rack height also. The back section opens more than wide enough to easily access the bed. The front is limited. The seal is ok around the brackets. It’s a little finicky to get just right but does seal up mostly.
Can you measure the clearance from the top of the diamondback to the bottom of the top bar? I am thinking of storing a Roam Case on top of the diamondback. I think they are 11 1/2" tall

Thanks,

Lee

UsuallyLost

First Name
Keith
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR MT
Can you measure the clearance from the top of the diamondback to the bottom of the top bar? I am thinking of storing a Roam Case on top of the diamondback. I think they are 11 1/2" tall

Thanks,

Lee

I don’t have the rack on the truck right now but I did measure as I want to do the same thing w a foam case. If I remember correctly there is 13” of clearance from the deck of the cover to the bottom of the rack. That doesn’t count the latch handles for the cover though. The 95 liter would probably work but will be pretty snug. The 83 will go no problem.

clweed

First Name
Lee
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I don’t have the rack on the truck right now but I did measure as I want to do the same thing w a foam case. If I remember correctly there is 13” of clearance from the deck of the cover to the bottom of the rack. That doesn’t count the latch handles for the cover though. The 95 liter would probably work but will be pretty snug. The 83 will go no problem.
Thank you, I appreciate the info

Rockabillyroy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT

Thanks,

Lee
Extra weight might defeat the struts. The ones that come with it are just strong enough for the lid.

Advertisement

Advertisement