Sponsored

Did Jeep intentionally mislead on launch edition?

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara, C-182 Skylane
So, I have been reading the posts of many disappointed prospective LE purchasers as they find out they may not get their orders for some time. To add insult to injury they are finding that the dealer spec orders and other regular orders may come in long before their "Launch Edition" orders that Jeep opened on April 4th. In fact they may not get theirs until as late as August.

My question is, did Jeep intentionally mislead on these supposedly Launch Edition orders in order to sell fully loaded high price Rubicon models at $62,310 msrp making lots of money in the process? I didn't think this at first but now I think Jeep may have intentionally mislead purchasers on these orders. I mean seriously, it only stands to reason that if you get a "Launch Edition" you would be the first kid on the block to get yours, you know as in when it is launched!
Sponsored

Skyler7381

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite LE
So, I have been reading the posts of many disappointed prospective LE purchasers as they find out they may not get their orders for some time. To add insult to injury they are finding that the dealer spec orders and other regular orders may come in long before their "Launch Edition" orders that Jeep opened on April 4th. In fact they may not get theirs until as late as August.

My question is, did Jeep intentionally mislead on these supposedly Launch Edition orders in order to sell fully loaded high price Rubicon models making lots of money in the process? I didn't think this at first but now I think Jeep may have intentionally mislead purchasers on these orders. I mean seriously, it only stands to reason that if you get a "Launch Edition" you would be the first kid on the block to get yours, you know as in when it is launched!
In my opinion, I don't think so. They will be here reasonably soon and what were they to do, just shut down the factory until the launch editions were ordered? As far as pricing, I was going to buy a fully loaded Rubi anyways and my build was actually more expensive than the launch edition, so for me it was well worth it.

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara, C-182 Skylane
In my opinion, I don't think so. They will be here reasonably soon and what were they to do, just shut down the factory until the launch editions were ordered? As far as pricing, I was going to buy a fully loaded Rubi anyways and my build was actually more expensive than the launch edition, so for me it was well worth it.
I think maybe it's just the word Launch as it is used, to me launch means when it is first introduced, not months down the road. I did not realize the msrp made it cheaper then ordering it all yourself..

Skyler7381

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite LE
I think maybe it's just the word Launch as it is used, to me launch means when it is first introduced, not months down the road. I did not realize the msrp made it cheaper then ordering it all yourself..
Yes I agree with the launch title although it will likely be the first orders made. Although it is important to keep in mind a lot of this is still speculation, who knows when we will actually get these. As far as the price I think my build was 500$ more expensive over the launch edition.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I don't feel misled at all. Especially since Travis published this timeline of LE sales, verification and production. As far as individual ordered Gladiators, we ARE getting ours first. The only personal orders in the Jeep system are ours and they are assigning VINs like crazy today meaning we will be entering the schedule before the order banks even open up for "regular orders."

Sponsored

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN

My question is, did Jeep intentionally mislead on these supposedly Launch Edition orders in order to sell fully loaded high price Rubicon models at $62,310 msrp making lots of money in the process? I didn't think this at first but now I think Jeep may have intentionally mislead purchasers on these orders. I mean seriously, it only stands to reason that if you get a "Launch Edition" you would be the first kid on the block to get yours, you know as in when it is launched!
Not sure that they mislead, but I would be very unhappy if somebody got a gladiator before I got my LE. 63k bucks is insane, but for those that ponied up to get one hope you at least get yours first?

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y

I will simply say I was never mislead. I knew from day one ordering a LE didn't mean I was going to be the first one with one. It was very obvious to me. If you look at the timing of the posts you knew they were in production for pre-spec before anyone knew about LE's at all. I agree it was many people's hopeful wishing that there was a stock pile seating in a lot somewhere but that is all it was. I also agree the words "Launch Edition" made poeple believe in the wishful thinking that they would have the first set of trucks in shipping. The facts and knowledge of a product line and what makes sense from a manufacturer standpoint would keep the wishful thinking in check. What I have learned is there is allways a group of people that like to complain when the world doesn't revolve around them and what doesn't support thier view/wants. There is nothing you can say to help them. You just have to look at the facts yourself and let them complain.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant

Graiden

First Name
jtle44
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara X Edition
Occupation
Accountant
Not sure that they mislead, but I would be very unhappy if somebody got a gladiator before I got my LE. 63k bucks is insane, but for those that ponied up to get one hope you at least get yours first?
Agreed. I did “pony up” and I’m with NVABILL. I was under the impression that we would have them first. My basis, sound business model, great/strategic marketing, easy “market up”. But I’m currently in the, “down to earth” stage, being that all signs point to receiving around June. Just not happy if tons of people are driving around JTs before I get mine. Not that I can do anything about it. I really thought they would have shipped by today 4/19 = 419 but now I’m thinking that it will be between May and June since we all have VINs now

Graiden

First Name
jtle44
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Agreed. I did “pony up” and I’m with NVABILL. I was under the impression that we would have them first. My basis, sound business model, great/strategic marketing, easy “market up”. But I’m currently in the, “down to earth” stage, being that all signs point to receiving around June. Just not happy if tons of people are driving around JTs before I get mine. Not that I can do anything about it. I really thought they would have shipped by today 4/19 = 419 but now I’m thinking that it will be between May and June since we all have VINs now
Edit:
For the record I’m not upset so I don’t want to be one of the “world revolves around me”. :) hard pass. Lol. I have three kids ... believe me it doesn’t. I just, am hopeful and new to pre orders. Also I own multiple business so my comments come from that corner, obviously none of the businesses are in the car industry.

Sponsored

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

You need to think about what FCA did for you. They put in place a process that dealers could not do an "easy “market up”" to the customer. They made sure dealers could not order LEs without a customer taking the first step. This allowed many of us to get them without the dealer trying to over charge for them. I am thankful of that. I think they did a great job. They were just overwhelmed at first. It is hard to keep a secret in a big company. It is harder to get everyone on the same page in a couple days. They also give you away to get in the line first for custom orders. As a person who was going to order a fully loaded Rubicon anyway. This was a Win, Win, Win..... They didn't have to do any of this for us but they did. We should be thankful.

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
First, why is there speculation that “tons of regular JT’s” will be on the roads first and all you LE folks will still be waiting? Order banks won’t open until May for us non LE folk.....

Second, all the Rubicons you see people saying they got delivered were FCA employees (management/executive) offerings. They get first dibs on a specific configured model and there’s a specific qty available. It was an internal offering only.

Third, Limited Edition doesn’t mean 1st built Edition. It only means we will not see the special features and badging ever again. If your not 1 of the 4190 built.

All in all you LE buyers will have a special model and will be driving it on the streets well before any of us common JT purchasers will.

Graiden

First Name
jtle44
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
You need to think about what FCA did for you. They put in place a process that dealers could not do an "easy “market up”" to the customer. They made sure dealers could not order LEs without a customer taking the first step. This allowed many of us to get them without the dealer trying to over charge for them. I am thankful of that. I think they did a great job. They were just overwhelmed at first. It is hard to keep a secret in a big company. It is harder to get everyone on the same page in a couple days. They also give you away to get in the line first for custom orders. As a person who was going to order a fully loaded Rubicon anyway. This was a Win, Win, Win..... They didn't have to do any of this for us but they did. We should be thankful.
Please understand that I am happy and excited to have the opportunity for this purchase. But FCA is a vendor and I’m the client. Being thankful for paying 63k for a vehicle will never happen. Being ok with paying 63k for something I’ve wanted since me and my dad worked on his scrambler back in the day. Was worth it. But don’t forget that the “opinion” you mentioned “thinking about what FCA did me u (me)” ruins your control over economics. We are customers. I’m not pissed that I have to wait nor am I pissed for the process bc of reason(s) u said. I’m not upset at all. I was/am simply responding to the question/comment made in this thread. I will/am waiting patiently, like my 2yr old son, :) to enjoy this thing. I know we all are.

I apologize for annoying anyone with my comments and please know that I understand what u and everyone else is saying. I was/am only giving insight for the other side.

I appreciate u all and this forum.

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please understand that I am happy and excited to have the opportunity for this purchase. But FCA is a vendor and I’m the client. Being thankful for paying 63k for a vehicle will never happen. Being ok with paying 63k for something I’ve wanted since me and my dad worked on his scrambler back in the day. Was worth it. But don’t forget that the “opinion” you mentioned “thinking about what FCA did me u (me)” ruins your control over economics. We are customers. I’m not pissed that I have to wait nor am I pissed for the process bc of reason(s) u said. I’m not upset at all. I was/am simply responding to the question/comment made in this thread. I will/am waiting patiently, like my 2yr old son, :) to enjoy this thing. I know we all are.

I apologize for annoying anyone with my comments and please know that I understand what u and everyone else is saying. I was/am only giving insight for the other side.

I appreciate u all and this forum.

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same...

" I apologize for annoying anyone with my comments and please know that I understand what u and everyone else is saying. I was/am only giving insight for the other side."

We all have different opinions and backgrounds. It is good to hear them all.
Sponsored