Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Did the launch of the JL go as bad as I feel the launch of the JT went?

Many of us that ordered early on have spent 10-13 weeks waiting on there trucks. JB 30+ days KZ 30+ days. Add 4 weeks to the LE folks.

I don't remember the JL launch going this bad.
Sponsored

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator

Many of us that ordered early on have spent 10-13 weeks waiting on there trucks. JB 30+ days KZ 30+ days. Add 4 weeks to the LE folks.

My dealer has said that there are a lot more custom orders for the JT. He attributes it to having a pent up demand after 27 years not making a pickup, that they cost a little more and so people are very specific about what they want. So there are more orders in the system than is normal. He also says FCA wasn't prepared.

I am repeating what he said as it seems to have merit.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel

JL ordering was a nightmare. I ordered a 2 door with the premium soft top in 18 when the banks opened up and it took 5 months for the vehicle to come in and I live 55 miles from the plant. I ordered another 2 door when the order banks opened in 19 and it took almost 4 months for that one. So yeah, special ordering from FCA anymore seems to be a nightmare. For comparison, I ordered a hard rock Rubi in 2016 and from the date ordered until received was 3 1/2 weeks. And now here I am stupid enough to do it again on a gladiator.

MirMir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Altitude
My dealer has said that there are a lot more custom orders for the JT. He attributes it to having a pent up demand after 27 years not making a pickup, that they cost a little more and so people are very specific about what they want. So there are more orders in the system than is normal. He also says FCA wasn't prepared.

I am repeating what he said as it seems to have merit.

I heard that too. Especially with the colored hard tops and the bedliners. They did not plan for the high amount requested and they should step it up since we still have some more colors getting ready to be released.

ralphtt

First Name
Ralph T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon,
Occupation
Retired
Dunno about the JL but my Gladiator order was placed over 12 weeks ago and last word from FCA is it will be built week of August 12. Means I won't receive it until some time in September . . . if then. :headbang:

Not sure it's worth the angst! :facepalm:

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Took me close to 3 months to get my JLU Sport order from FCA. They did the same thing they are doing now with the JT roll out. Rubicons and Sahara's were priority with Sport S and base Sports last out the gate. Manuals were slow to show also.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Dunno about the JL but my Gladiator order was placed over 12 weeks ago and last word from FCA is it will be built week of August 12. Means I won't receive it until some time in September . . . if then. :headbang:

Not sure it's worth the angst! :facepalm:
Took me close to 3 months to get my JLU Sport order from FCA. They did the same thing they are doing now with the JT roll out. Rubicons and Sahara's were priority with Sport S and base Sports last out the gate. Manuals were slow to show also.
So still sounds better than the JT rollout. Us Granite LE folks are now 120 days/17 weeks/4 months from our order date, still in C status with no projected build date.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
So still sounds better than the JT rollout. Us Granite LE folks are now 120 days/17 weeks/4 months from our order date, still in C status with no projected build date.
They slow rolled out non base colors on the JL also at launch. JT is not unique for this.

About the only differenceI seen on the JT launch that was an extra level of FCA buffoonery is how they handled and deceived those buying LE's thinking they were getting the first JT's made.
Sponsored