Sponsored

Did the Oracle LED Aux/Bumper Reverse Light Harness work for you?

Did the Oracle LED Aux/Bumper Reverse Light Harness work for you?

• Factory LED without factory tow - No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Just want to get an idea of what works and doesn’t work regarding the harnesses Oracle supplies for their LED Aux/Bumper Reverse Lights.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Save for the lead to the right being short, yes. (but that's with everyone)
I plan on taking the left tail light loose again and checking connector part numbers to help gather information.

OP
OP
am1978

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
Save for the lead to the right being short, yes. (but that's with everyone)
I plan on taking the left tail light loose again and checking connector part numbers to help gather information.
I’ll look at mine and post it here when my new extension wire arrives this week. I also plan to see if I can access my bed lamp from inside that cavity for a different purpose.

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
I bought the harness separate ($25) and used a different lights in my aftermarket bumper. Worked like a charm.

OP
OP
am1978

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
I bought the harness separate ($25) and used a different lights in my aftermarket bumper. Worked like a charm.
You’re the first we have heard about for that scenario.

Sponsored

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
You’re the first we have heard about for that scenario.
It allowed me to use the factory power connection and make up my load leads to suit. Easy-peasey.

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
I did not buy the pig tail harness.. used the tab pinch clips and the wiring was proper length; actually had more than enough for each side.. I did have split wire loom covers for use as needed.. works fine no issues.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
I bought the pug and play harness. No matter what I did, it was .5 inches too short. I tried multiple routings to get it that close which included unhooking the factory wire mounts inside the left corner so it could hang down an extra inch. That was what it took to get it to within .5 inches. No matter what I did, it would not connect. They saved .05 cents by making the wiring harness so short you can't connect it! Last product I buy from them.

It is so tight, I couldn't use any wire clamps to keep it routed from sharp edges. If I had been able to use it, it wouldn't have lasted 3 years before the wiring rubbed through on a sharp edge somewhere and shorted out.

Truly frustrating!

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I use the plug and play and works fine it’s got a little slack you just need to route the wires properly and remove the taillight plug from its perch so it hangs down and it fits fine

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the PnP harness and spliced the wire on the passenger side to allow it to reach. No issues and these are bright. Really, really, bright. Which is really, really, awesome. Well worth any hassle to getting them installed.

Sponsored

Radio Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Broadcast Engineer
The harness with tap off for the lights worked ok but the extension for the passenger side light was a complete failure.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I use the plug and play and works fine it’s got a little slack you just need to route the wires properly and remove the taillight plug from its perch so it hangs down and it fits fine
He's looking for "did the connector behind the tail light fit, snap into place and latch".

Trying to find a commonality - who did the adapter harness work for as far as the connecting behind the left tail light, and who couldn't get it to snap together properly.

We're lookin into - did Jeep change connectors for the tail light harness? Or is there a difference dependent on whether or not you have factory LED lighting.

Oracle is fixing the length.
We know the right side lead is too short - and removing any factory wiring from it's secured position to make this work is totally unacceptable, that's why Oracle is supplying the fix to those who asked. No way in heck am I pulling factory wiring loose so I can stretch things enough to reach. Those wires are anchored where they are and as often as they are for reasons.
..............But that's all been covered in the other thread anyway. and our extensions are on the way.

garzilla

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Engineer
I messaged them for my extention right now. Hopefully it doesn't take long. I guess I'll install these and the flush mount taillights at the same time. Don't get much time to work on my jeep so I'm glad I didn't burn time finding these don't fit.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
After trying the PNP harness, I just wired mine in to the aux switches. My main plain for them was boat ramps so this will work for me.

OP
OP
am1978

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
After trying the PNP harness, I just wired mine in to the aux switches. My main plain for them was boat ramps so this will work for me.
Added an option for your setup.
Sponsored