Sponsored

Didnt get a great deal club

Are you a member of the “Didnt get a great deal” club?

• Total voters

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
For those of us who didnt get a great deal (by the numbers)

Be it paying MSRP
Be it not getting below invoice
Be it having to finance on less than favorable terms

We are all brothers and sisters in the land of missing out on saving thousands because of either not knowing or not wanting to wait

Example: I could have saved $6500k off msrp and gotten my Max Tow for $40k, but because I hadnt really PLANNED on buying one until summer 2020 I financed it for $43k. At the time the JT with features I had to have were not really available for anywhere near that price in my area, and so when I drove one and felt a sign telling me to get it, I made some concessions

Still happy with the purchase. Dont regret the lost savings TOO much as there will always be a “better deal”
Sponsored

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
First time in history of vehicle purchasing(30 cars later) I paid MSRP.... back in Mid May 2019 as mine was literally being backed off truck(I was there servicing my 2019 JLUR!!!) No Regrets at all!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
This is Iowa - dealers don't deal unless you buy off the lot, then they are mostly corporate owned so compete against themselves.
On the other hand, I sold my Chevy outright to a DIFFERENT dealer for quite a bit more - and once mine arrived - I told them I was looking at going to another dealer and showed them the email - got 2 grand off right there. Great deal? No. But good enough.
For every person here - someone did BETTER than you, someone did WORSE than you.

You didn't get the best deal so don't brag as someone will best you with their deal, you didn't get the worst deal so don't worry about it - someone out there paid a bit over MSRP or fees or whatever.

Sponsored

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
Lol I totally feel you. First time I have bought a car in my state in 10 years, only got $3,000 off, and didn't go in prepared. But damn I wanted that thing.

This is how I look at it; I love this vehicle. It is the first vehicle that I truly truly wanted and didn't just buy because I needed a new vehicle. Im 40 years old, probably shouldn't be alive at this point, work hard to be able to afford this thing, give my family everything I can, and I am going to enjoy the shit out of this thing. I try to avoid people asking me how much I paid though because I know it was dumb lol. But I would have paid even more to get it, so screw it.

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol I totally feel you. First time I have bought a car in my state in 10 years, only got $3,000 off, and didn't go in prepared. But damn I wanted that thing.

This is how I look at it; I love this vehicle. It is the first vehicle that I truly truly wanted and didn't just buy because I needed a new vehicle. Im 40 years old, probably shouldn't be alive at this point, work hard to be able to afford this thing, give my family everything I can, and I am going to enjoy the shit out of this thing. I try to avoid people asking me how much I paid though because I know it was dumb lol. But I would have paid even more to get it, so screw it.
Exactly

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With the latest and greater deals being offered this thread is once more relevant

Sponsored

JTpoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Tyrant
After looking at Wranglers and now Gladiators for the last couple of months, I have absolutely no idea if I got a great deal, good deal or OK deal. The shell game with the numbers and the "7k in incentives that may or may not apply to you...." was getting really old. What did it for me was the trade in number I got for my 2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman. It is a very well taken care of no frills work truck with really low miles. It was complete overkill for me anymore with downsizing my construction company and basically just sitting around. With the reduction of sales tax, I ended up getting a little over $32K for it. I bought a relatively no frills Gladiator Sport w Max Tow (w auto trans) and a hard top as my only options. I'll end up $4K out of pocket out the door for the Gladiator. Ordered it on March 2, picking it up on Monday.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
After looking at Wranglers and now Gladiators for the last couple of months, I have absolutely no idea if I got a great deal, good deal or OK deal. The shell game with the numbers and the "7k in incentives that may or may not apply to you...." was getting really old. What did it for me was the trade in number I got for my 2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman. It is a very well taken care of no frills work truck with really low miles. It was complete overkill for me anymore with downsizing my construction company and basically just sitting around. With the reduction of sales tax, I ended up getting a little over $32K for it. I bought a relatively no frills Gladiator Sport w Max Tow (w auto trans) and a hard top as my only options. I'll end up $4K out of pocket out the door for the Gladiator. Ordered it on March 2, picking it up on Monday.
If it brings a smile to your face and you can't stop looking at it, you got a good deal.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I got a good deal with incentives and discounting on the JT, although the trade-in on my '17 Recon was a couple K lower than I think it should have been, based on the Kelley book. As for the "bad deal" part, the only significant cost I would not have ordered was $1295 for Alpine sound, Otherwise, the one I bought "off the lot" was nicely equipped as I wanted.
Sponsored