Sponsored

Diesel Additive - Soot / MPG / DEF reduction

ThePhotoBus

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2003 Tacoma Off-road DC, 2014 Subaru Forester
Recently had a great experience with Harold from Golden Key Express. He transported my JTRD from Gupton.

He recommended this additive called Max Mileage from Pittsburgh Power: https://pittsburghpower.com/collect...ts/max-mileage-fuel-borne-catalyst-1-2-gallon

Have any of you used it? Are there any significant risks associated with using a product like this? Would you start right away or after some amount of mileage, etc?

Wanted to hear any thoughts.
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
How are folks actually adding this to their diesel? If 1oz treats 25 gal, it seems like if you try to put 1oz down the the filler neck it’s not actually going to make it to the tank?

wvuviv30

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Live Sound Engineer - Meerkat Sound
Has anyone tried OptiLube's XPD?

This additive is popular with the Duramax community.

Sponsored

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Just buy good quality diesel and you will not need additives.
Per the diesel manual they are not recommended by the engine manufacturer.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Best way to keep a diesel running clean is get it tuned hot with meth injection. If you are ok with partial emissions delete, switch off the EGR.

Additives can void your warranty as fast as a tune does if they decide it, and leaving the stock tune on a diesel truck these is the fastest way to kill it. Run them with the tuning cranked hot and spray meth, and at 200k the pistons and valves will be nearly indistinguishable from new ones.

Some of these additives may help injector health long run, but i cant see them affecting soot or carbon build up.

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
the sulpher reduced diesel is very "dry" w poor lubrication properties to modern injectors and pumps. Additives will not hurt anything and have been proven to extend life of injection components. Optilube XPD was tested as the best in several studies. Ive used it in several Powerstrokes and will use it in a new Gladiator

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Good friend uses fuelOx on his diesels. I actually started using it on my regular gasser and felt like im getting better mileage. Could be placebo but I was pleased to get 11.5mpg towing my camper 450miles it one way recently.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I added 2-cycle outboard oil to the diesel on my Duramax, 1/2 oz per gallon, to replace the missing sulphur and help keep the fuel system lubed and quiet.

I had eight of these bottles.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Tech-TC-W3-Outboard-2-Cycle-Engine-Oil-16-oz/16913695

I would refill them with this.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Tech-TC-W3-Outboard-2-Cycle-Engine-Oil-1-Gallon/16795065

I would use this when the other wasn't available.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01M8JY3QP/ref=dp_iou_view_product?ie=UTF8&th=1

Sponsored

DBT

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overlander
Occupation
Nomad

bentrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel
The BEST fuel additive is Stanadyne All Season Performance Formula. Won't void warranties.
Anyone using any sort of oil in the diesel fuel is using OLD school way out of date information. That's fine for older non DPF engines. Also keep in mind the injection system tolerances are tighter and operate at higher pressures too. Use the proper additive and you can't loose.

jc99

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Recently had a great experience with Harold from Golden Key Express. He transported my JTRD from Gupton.

He recommended this additive called Max Mileage from Pittsburgh Power: https://pittsburghpower.com/collect...ts/max-mileage-fuel-borne-catalyst-1-2-gallon

Have any of you used it? Are there any significant risks associated with using a product like this? Would you start right away or after some amount of mileage, etc?

Wanted to hear any thoughts.
@ThePhotoBus I've come across this as well. Emailed them and got this back...

"Max Mileage is a catalyst and does not fall into the same category of those fuel additives. Our product works with the diesel to prolong the burn which allows for less waste and more efficiency. It also decreases the combustion temperature of soot. We have done extensive testing and found that it decreases the soot going though your system by 60/70%.

Max Mileage can be used with other additives so long as they are not catalyst based products. You would simply dose your fuel as instructed by both products."

Would be great to hear from someone that has actually used it, I can't find a lot of info/reports from people online.

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
Hotshots EDT. You can't overdose it and the more you put it the more lubricity it adds. Cetane will plateau which is why the "performance" dose is just double the regular at 2oz per 25 gallons. I put 1.5-2oz in when I fuel up. I squirt it right on the flap and it goes in. No need to get your heads smelly with a funnel.

I buy it by the gallon because it's way cheaper and pour it in to these handy 16 oz squirt bottles I found on Amazon with a screw on leak proof cap.

Jeep Gladiator Diesel Additive - Soot / MPG / DEF reduction EDT

jc99

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Hotshots EDT. You can't overdose it and the more you put it the more lubricity it adds. Cetane will plateau which is why the "performance" dose is just double the regular at 2oz per 25 gallons. I put 1.5-2oz in when I fuel up. I squirt it right on the flap and it goes in. No need to get your heads smelly with a funnel.

I buy it by the gallon because it's way cheaper and pour it in to these handy 16 oz squirt bottles I found on Amazon with a screw on leak proof cap.
@Almost can you post a link to the bottles you got? They are handling the chemicals ok? I've seen a few post on another board where the bottles broke down and started to split.
Sponsored