Sponsored

Diesel: Dual Battery Setup

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
For either the Gladiator or the Wrangler, what are the options for running dual full sized batteries?

I saw something for the wrangler that put a battery back in the spare tire cubby.

Is there any room to put two batteries under the hood of the 3.0?
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I'm trying to find the same thing... bought a gladiator today that I will be taking delivery of tomorrow and while it's getting the top painted, tinted, xpel'd, etc -- I'd like to figure out the dual battery situation. Sounds like it's not possible (yet). I'll poke around and see if there's room once I have it.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
OP
OP

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the diesel even have the second battery for the ESS? Or, is it like a normal vehicle with one primary battery?

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
A dual battery DIY setup is an option. There is room behind the right rear wheel to attach a battery box to the frame. The Cole-Hersee Smart Isolator used by Genesis is available on Amazon for around $100. Warn has a cable kit available for around $200. A stainless steel battery box is about $125. I'm working on a setup to power my winch and lights.

RedRockRider

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2013 JK, 2021 Gladiator JTRD
All diesels have two batteries under the hood. One is behind the fender liner, down low. Teraflex had to re-engineer their 3.3 shocks because it is in the way.

OP
OP

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, so it still has the setup. Just more reason to do the Genesis setup but in a custom DIY configuration. I'd rather have dual group 34s, 28s, or whatever. Maybe just one large main under the hood, and a 100ah + Lithium in the bed/camper.
Sponsored