Sponsored

Diesel Lift Reality

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Well, after thinking I’d wait for AEV diesel or that I’d go Clayton. I faced reality and went mopar 2” diesel lift.

For me, the $ was too much for what I’ll be doing. And who knows when AEV will have theirs out.
Yes, AEV and/or Clayton have spring rates in excess of factory, but you have to add spacers, use a 3.5 spring up front; then perhaps a spacer in the rear. Then you have to think aftermarket rims and suddenly you’re at $3k plus.

The mopar lift will get me down any trail around Ouray and then some. That’s the main area we “off-road” since TX has nothing outside of an off-road park; and those are boring.

it’s on order from McKinney Jeep, they sell it for less than msrp, quite a bit actually.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
Well, after thinking I’d wait for AEV diesel or that I’d go Clayton. I faced reality and went mopar 2” diesel lift.

For me, the was too much for what I’ll be doing. And who knows when AEV will have theirs out.
Yes, AEV and/or Clayton have spring rates in excess of factory, but you have to add spacers, use a 3.5 spring up front; then perhaps a spacer in the rear. Then you have to think aftermarket rims and suddenly you’re at $3k plus.

The mopar lift will get me down any trail around Ouray and then some. That’s the main area we “off-road” since TX has nothing outside of an off-road park; and those are boring.

it’s on order from McKinney Jeep, they sell it for less than msrp, quite a bit actually.
I'm still hoping for the AEV, but like you; if it will cost me that much more...then Mopar is my friend. Question for you; have heard on this forum that going Mopar but still including the AEV geometry correction brackets is much better. Thoughts?

OP
OP

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
I have heard and read this. They probably do! My plan is to install the mopar, see how she drives/rides/handles, then go from there.

For $1,300 landed, I just can’t justify more.

Also, seems with more lift and/or the other kits, wheel spacers or aftermarket rims are required.

Extra width of diesels axle helps, but conflicting info out there on stock rims.

Deezul_Ruby

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Occupation
Retired
Order the teraflex 1.5" front spacer and have it installed at the same time. My diesel specific mopar lift gave me about 1" of lift in the front. The rake was unbelievable. In the end I ended up ditching the mopar springs for Rock Krawler 3" diesel springs. Now I'm 100% satisfied with lift and performance.

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
I have heard and read this. They probably do! My plan is to install the mopar, see how she drives/rides/handles, then go from there.

For $1,300 landed, I just can’t justify more.

Also, seems with more lift and/or the other kits, wheel spacers or aftermarket rims are required.

Extra width of diesels axle helps, but conflicting info out there on stock rims.
I've seen this all over the place... are the diesel axles actually wider? My window sticker doesn't indicate so.

Sponsored

OP
OP

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
I've seen this all over the place... are the diesel axles actually wider? My window sticker doesn't indicate so.
If your window sticker doesn’t say it, you don’t have it. There goes my thoughts that it was a diesel thing.

must be a rubicon, max tow, or Mojave thing.

here is my sticker from diesel rubicon:

Jeep Gladiator Diesel Lift Reality image

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
If your window sticker doesn’t say it, you don’t have it. There goes my thoughts that it was a diesel thing.

OK--it's definitely a Rubicon, Max Tow, and Mojave thing, and it seems diesels aren't automatically included. Bummer.

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager

Weird, all diesels come with 3.73 gears including the rubicon but your sticker shows otherwise.

OP
OP

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Weird, all diesels come with 3.73 gears including the rubicon but your sticker shows otherwise.
That was only part of my window sticker. Elsewhere it says 3.73, I believe.

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
rubi come with 4.10 but when you add diesel option it drops down to 3.73.. wonder If it still has the 4.1 TC

Sponsored

OP
OP

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Rear lift is in. I didn’t measure before or after, but visually, appears that it gives more than 2” in the rear. I’ll be curious to see how the front shakes out.
I do the front tomorrow.

JT LIFE

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Eco Diesel
Occupation
Retired
My jeep guy recommended wheel spacers and I used the stock wheels,added the Mopar 2 inch lift with 315/70/17 tires.. stock feel to the ride,no rubbing yet off road..
Jeep Gladiator Diesel Lift Reality IMG_20210302_160710
Jeep Gladiator Diesel Lift Reality PXL_20210226_213527458
Jeep Gladiator Diesel Lift Reality PXL_20210226_213527458
Jeep Gladiator Diesel Lift Reality PXL_20210226_161636134

OP
OP

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Front is in. Just need to torque it on the ground.

The front was actually easier than the rear. I found the axle in front dropped down further and springs easily came out.

The rear required some encouragement. ;)

PS there is no way the factory is torquing things to their own specs. With a normal sized ratchet, I could break things loose. When torquing, I had to really press/pull. I’m not the strongest guy in the world but I weigh 265lbs and can do reps on the bench of 200lbs; but had to really work.
Sponsored