Sponsored

Diesel Oil filter

Jeep-A-Kneez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel, 1995 YJ 4.0
Been looking for oil filters, besides factory, and the few I've been able to find I've never heard of. I would like to take advantage of the oil changes that comes with the purchase of the truck, BUT. If you've changed YOUR ON OIL AND FILTER, I'm interested in some feedback.
Sponsored

Lasdar

First Name
Virginia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Patriot
Occupation
Former Historic Archaeoligist, now Project Controls
What brands are you finding?

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
NAPA Gold filter and Full Synthetic oil.

Kevin

P.S. Just noticed this is in the EcoDiesel section. I don't know if NAPA has filters for the diesel.

Last edited:

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Odds are your OEM filter is manufactured by WIX and the MOPAR oil for your truck is probably made by Pennzoil.

So start your price comparisons there.

Sponsored

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
I just stick with Mopar. I can get them at Walmart.

oldhp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Galdiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
FRAM XG11665 $10.86 VS Mopar MO-349 $9.97 at Walmart. For $.89 more I'll use the FRAM full synthetic.

OP
OP
Jeep-A-Kneez

Jeep-A-Kneez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NAPA Gold filter and Full Synthetic oil.

Kevin
I've looked at the major parts stores websites, and seems no one has it. What part number do you have for this filter? And the price, dang, about like buying lumber. Will have to go sit in the creek afterwards!!

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I always preferred Baldwin filters for my Duramax, until I was able to get OEM at a decent price.

AllMoparParts is a forum sponsor. If you contact them before ordering, they will provide a code to use for free shipping.

Sponsored

heftysmurf

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Everyone has their own voodoo on how they do oil changes, maintenance, etc but I try to follow the KISS method after doing ludicrous things like oil changes at 3k along with plug changes and really being nuts about my vehicles until the Jeep.

This was my JKU oil report from Blackstone at the 83k mile mark. Take it for what it’s worth but with my JKU, I ran Mopar filters and 5w20 Pennzoil Pure Platinum…

as for fuel, I’m in South Fl so yeah…idling in traffic.

30540756-177C-4BAB-B9CB-A9FA12616AD8.jpeg

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
Was your JKU a diesel? You know we are talking diesel right? Diesel with a EGR that dump soot back into the engine...
you Mojave is a gas burner and as such does way different things to oil then a what a diesel does.

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
I wish the forum admins could limit the gas engine guys to their own forum and diesel to are own , it would keep a lot of this false info from flying out. Everyone has to be the first to reply causing all these issues without even reading the thread title

OP
OP
Jeep-A-Kneez

Jeep-A-Kneez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish the forum admins could limit the gas engine guys to their own forum and diesel to are own , it would keep a lot of this false info from flying out. Everyone has to be the first to reply causing all these issues without even reading the thread title
Yeah, but part my fault, moving forward will make sure to be more specific in the title.

As for the filter, looks like it will have to be a factory replacement for now. Sure do hope that we'll soon see a domestically manufactured replacement at a more reasonable price.

OP
OP
Jeep-A-Kneez

Jeep-A-Kneez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going to let the local dealership, where I bought my truck, have a go at the oil change and tire rotation. Showing about 5500 miles, the oil is a dark carmel color, but still very tacky. However I've let it go as far as I can stand on break in fluid and will take advantage of the Wave program. Giving up the old way of thinking for oil changes is tough.
Sponsored