First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Well 2” lift and 37s seem to have hurt my MPG go figure. So I’m thinking a couple rotopax to be safe. Do you guys actually buy the yellow or do you say screw it and go red?
Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I'm a stickler for safety in stuff like this so I'd be doing yellow... I'd just do jerry cans though since diesel is just combustible and not flammable so you can store it in ways where gasoline isn't safe.

Stevevdbh

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
Well 2” lift and 37s seem to have hurt my MPG go figure. So I’m thinking a couple rotopax to be safe. Do you guys actually buy the yellow or do you say screw it and go red?
What was your MPG down to with your set up If i can ask? I have the same set up?

Alteredspeed

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Supervisor
Your probably also on winter fuel which is a killer of MPGs also.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Odubi

Odubi

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Your probably also on winter fuel which is a killer of MPGs also.
This I didn’t know, hope that helps in summer, I’m not too concerned but I did expect better. Also should mention I only have 1200 km.

Alteredspeed

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Supervisor
Usually it’s 60/40 mix 60% diesel and 40% kerosene to resist gelling.

Oil_Burner

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, Explorer, Prius, C6, Diesel Pusher MH
Occupation
Engineer
Usually it’s 60/40 mix 60% diesel and 40% kerosene to resist gelling.
That must be the winter mix... since I don't know, what is the summer mix?

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I’d do yellow just so the gas station attendant or nosy onlookers don’t say something about me putting the wrong fuel in my cans.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Wow. Hmmmm. Ok that does seem low for a diesel.
Seems right. I'm only getting 20-21 on the highway stock with wind. In the city flat road long stretches I'm getting 25-26 and then highway assuming flat and no wind I'm getting 25-26... but that's unrealistic conditions. For instance, I think going up to Flagstaff and back assuming 70 mph I'm going to be about 21-22 mpg. That same trip on a stock 2.0 I was getting 17-18.

I have no idea how these things were rated at 27. There's no way. I mean I know the mpg should improve over time but I'm NOWHERE close to that, even on a flat road no wind going 65 mph I'm not getting 27. Literally mpg is nearly the same as the gas EPA version.

The only thing I could think of is the tire choice (MT) instead of the KO2, new motor, and winter diesel... but I just don't see how that equates to a 5 mpg difference. My Ram 2500 only improved by 1 mpg over 50k.

Stevevdbh

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
Seems right. I'm only getting 20-21 on the highway stock with wind. In the city flat road long stretches I'm getting 25-26 and then highway assuming flat and no wind I'm getting 25-26... but that's unrealistic conditions. For instance, I think going up to Flagstaff and back assuming 70 mph I'm going to be about 21-22 mpg. That same trip on a stock 2.0 I was getting 17-18.

I have no idea how these things were rated at 27. There's no way. I mean I know the mpg should improve over time but I'm NOWHERE close to that, even on a flat road no wind going 65 mph I'm not getting 27. Literally mpg is nearly the same as the gas EPA version.

The only thing I could think of is the tire choice (MT) instead of the KO2, new motor, and winter diesel... but I just don't see how that equates to a 5 mpg difference. My Ram 2500 only improved by 1 mpg over 50k.
I have the same truck JTRD and have winch and bumper, 2 inch lift with 37‘s Pats. Did a trip back and forth from hunting trip and 2 days of wheeling etc., Ended up with 23 average! 65 MPH or so. I have 1200 miles on it now. I am in Cali so not sure about winter gas etc. But if your stock I would have expected at least the 23 mpg but I am no expert.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I have the same truck JTRD and have winch and bumper, 2 inch lift with 37‘s Pats. Did a trip back and forth from hunting trip and 2 days of wheeling etc., Ended up with 23 average! 65 MPH or so. I have 1200 miles on it now. I am in Cali so not sure about winter gas etc. But if your stock I would have expected at least the 23 mpg but I am no expert.
No idea unless it’s mostly flat without much wind. In that scenario at 65 I’m def getting better than 23. It’s been windy lately.

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
I got yellow rotopax on mine. It's more of a safety thing than anything. If your rig is on fire, it'd sure be nice to know what fuel is in it for emergency responders on the scene.
Sponsored