Sponsored

Diesel suspension parts the same as gas gladiators?

TNJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra
Hey guys. I am sorry if this question has been posed and I have missed it.
Are the shocks/springs on the Diesel Gladiators the same as the Gas engine gladiators?
If I order a diesel sport s, can I put shocks and springs on from a gas gladiator rubicon?

Thank you
Sponsored

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
No. The diesel engine is much heavier than the gasser.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Springs are stiffer. Best to find a set of diesel Rubicon springs. If your run the gasser springs it might sit a little lower.

OP
OP

TNJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra
Springs are stiffer. Best to find a set of diesel Rubicon springs. If your run the gasser springs it might sit a little lower.
Will the RD springs give me a little lift?
I thought i read somewhere that the diesel JTs all have rubicon springs.
Thank you.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Will the RD springs give me a little lift?
I thought i read somewhere that the diesel JTs all have rubicon springs.
Thank you.
Hadn't heard that about all diesels having Rubi springs. Best to do a little research into the spring numbers before buying a set.

Sponsored

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
I installed a regular 2.5" lift meant for a gasser on a Diesel JL. I don't like how it sits and I'm redoing it.. The springs also bow out. The springs and shocks on a diesel are much firmer. If you put normal gasser suspension on you'll bottom out much quicker.

OP
OP

TNJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra
I installed a regular 2.5" lift meant for a gasser on a Diesel JL. I don't like how it sits and I'm redoing it.. The springs also bow out. The springs and shocks on a diesel are much firmer. If you put normal gasser suspension on you'll bottom out much quicker.
That is good real world data. Thank you for sharing.

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
I purchased a set of diesel Rubicon springs and the part numbers (in the front) matched what was already on my diesel Willys.

OP
OP

TNJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra
I purchased a set of diesel Rubicon springs and the part numbers (in the front) matched what was already on my diesel Willys.
This is what i have heard as well. I guess if we want suspension lift, we have to go aftermarket. I noticed the 2 inch mopar lift on the mopar website said the application for their lift was for the 3.6 gas and the 3.0 ecodiesel. They must be firmer springs to accomodate the diesel set up. I know people have had no problems fitting 35s on the 3.6 set up. I need to research people fitting them on the ecodiesel without lift.

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
This is what i have heard as well. I guess if we want suspension lift, we have to go aftermarket. I noticed the 2 inch mopar lift on the mopar website said the application for their lift was for the 3.6 gas and the 3.0 ecodiesel. They must be firmer springs to accomodate the diesel set up. I know people have had no problems fitting 35s on the 3.6 set up. I need to research people fitting them on the ecodiesel without lift.
35s (315s) fit just fine, within the wheel wells, it's the rubbing at lock that will get you.
Sponsored