Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2009 Ram 3500 CTD, 2001 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
SVP/CISO
Is it possible to retrofit a Sport-S with the factory/OEM diff locking & electronic sway bar disconnect that's standard on the Rubicon?
Sponsored

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Sure. Don't see why you couldn't, as long as you were willing to pay $$$. The e-disco is about $1,400 for a JK, plus install, wiring, etc. A JL/JT would cost more because it's newer, but probably not a lot more.

I think the biggest issue would be getting it to work with the factory electronics. Perhaps a programmer could handle that?

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Sure. Don't see why you couldn't, as long as you were willing to pay $$$. The e-disco is about $1,400 for a JK, plus install, wiring, etc. A JL/JT would cost more because it's newer, but probably not a lot more.

I think the biggest issue would be getting it to work with the factory electronics. Perhaps a programmer could handle that?
Kinda makes you wonder if the the wiring is already there as well. Standard wiring harness, just missing the connectors at the component end, IE Lockers/ Sway bar disconnects ? Hmm.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Kinda makes you wonder if the the wiring is already there as well. Standard wiring harness, just missing the connectors at the component end, IE Lockers/ Sway bar disconnects ? Hmm.

How much would complete front and rear axles with switches plus sway bar be worth to you?

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
How much would complete front and rear axles with switches plus sway bar be worth to you?
I think you meant to make that offer to BrutForce, the original poster. I've already got Dana 44's

Sponsored

OP
OP
BruteForce

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2009 Ram 3500 CTD, 2001 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
SVP/CISO
I think you meant to make that offer to BrutForce, the original poster. I've already got Dana 44's
I have no need or desire. My JT has Dana 44's, Fox shocks and 37" tires. Just confirmed with my Jeep dealer that the wiring is NOT in place to just wire up the required dash switches.

Might just trade in the Sport-S for a Rubicon and have my aftermarket parts moved over..

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have no need or desire. My JT has Dana 44's, Fox shocks and 37" tires. Just confirmed with my Jeep dealer that the wiring is NOT in place to just wire up the required dash switches.

Might just trade in the Sport-S for a Rubicon and have my aftermarket parts moved over..
there ya go

jalbrecht55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJR
Not sure if this is true but I understand that both the front and rear use the same carrier. Doesn’t make sense to me as the ring gear is a different size and believe one is HP the other LP, but anyway if so.... the locker appears to be downright affordable at $675.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/differential-case-assembly-jl-dana-44-front-axle-68400407aa

Combine that with some 4.56 or maybe 4.88 gears “while your at it” and in some ways you’d be ahead vs trading up to a rubicon. If you have an auto I honestly think the 2.73 t-case is a better match than the 4:1 as well.

Wire the locker in with the AUX switches and you’d have a clean install with no artificial 4low restriction.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Second hand electronic sway bar systems are on the JL Forum for $750. You could wire a switch yourself, but a set of quick disconnects is MUCH cheaper. As for axles, you should be able to find some Removed from a Rubicon for about $1,500 each. As with the swaybar, you can wire your own switches.
Sponsored