OP
OP
SleepyJeep

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
$10 and a lifetime warranty, according to the web site listings.

I would probably get the black one.
I didn't realize that only one offered a lifetime warranty. I mean I did see the $10 diff LOL ok, I should get the one with the lifetime warranty - Thanks for pointing that out!

They do look like nice shovels... both of them I mean.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I've been looking at shovels as I've always carried one in my off road adventures. In my Raptor I've carried a long handled shovel which is nice but I don't have the room for one in my Gladiator.

Shovels are much more useful tool for me than say an axe but I'm out here in the Southwest where trees aren't usually an issue and cutting down your own firewood is pretty much illegal.

I've seen shovels for well over $100 like this one: https://www.shoveltec.com/

And there are others including those that are part of a multi-function tool kit. Some options including the above Krazy Beaver are shown here: https://www.roundforge.com/articles/off-road-shovels/

Krazy Beaver shovel...I don't personally see a need to have sharp serrated/jagged teeth on the end of my shovel. It's more dangerous than your typical spade shaped shovel and a cover, which is available, is a good idea. I'm currently looking at this one and at $36.02 it appears to be all the shovel I'll need for digging out, firepit work and things like nature calls :whew:
  • 100% Made in the USA
  • Commercial grade
  • Limited lifetime warranty
  • Extra thick 12 gauge steel blade
  • Not just a plastic Dgrip! No-Break Polypropylene Co-Polymer Dgrip with extra wide design and no-slip texture

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 1.44.01 PM.png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000PAQEQ...olid=2KOBBFSVUL828&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Personally Ive just got a little folding shovel that I take along. It’s nothing fancy but will work well enough in a pinch yet it folds down to where it takes up almost no room at all. Not this exact one but something like it. Less than $20 on amazon.

40F7609B-99A2-4EFA-AB30-D10ACF7AD81D.jpeg

Sponsored

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
In my opinion that krazy beaver shovel is way less useful than a regular shovel. Having all the jagged teeth on that thing makes it dangerous to pack/carry, way more prone to puncture things, hurt yourself etc, and I would imagine it makes it less useful for digging also. Theres a reason that the military just carries regular old shovels. IDK though maybe Im completely missing the point.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I would tend to agree Southbay. The ad says those jagged teeth can cut through ice and clay. If was on the other end of the shovel, I would have to add sidewalls to that list as well.

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
I would tend to agree Southbay. The ad says those jagged teeth can cut through ice and clay. If was on the other end of the shovel, I would have to add sidewalls to that list as well.
Yea totally. Not meant to be disrespectful at all. Whoever wants to buy it should. Its kinda like fly fishing though. You see people on the river with 10 thousand dollars worth of shit they don't need. But they look good doing it I guess. I have a trapper axe from the 30's, and a ww2 shovel I carry. Been thinking about welding my own shovel though with a pipe and T handle to the specs I like. Don't get me wrong though I spend money where it needs to be spent ie (suspension, tires, winch, etc etc etc). But if the zombies take over I may eat my words and wish I had that damn shovel lol.

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Personally Ive just got a little folding shovel that I take along. It’s nothing fancy but will work well enough in a pinch yet it folds down to where it takes up almost no room at all. Not this exact one but something like it. Less than $20 on amazon.

40F7609B-99A2-4EFA-AB30-D10ACF7AD81D.jpeg

If my vehicle is buried in sand then a puny shovel could come in handy to start the dig. But moving sand or dirt in any volume requires (for me) a full-size shovel head

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Hello, I have the black handle Crazy Beaver shovel. I have used it twice, soft dirt and sand both times. I really like it. Here is my take so far.

1. You have to buy the sheath for it. It is a serious tool, not for kids.
2. There is no pin on the collar of the lower handle and the grip and balance are great. So, great craftsmanship.
3. It is not just a shovel, but, much more
4. The teeth are super strong, and sharp, I do not see them bending.
5. The sharp teeth are great for moving hot logs around the campfire, they stick good and grip, so, you can push around hot logs.
6. After using it a few times, I see how it cold be a great self-defense tool against a wild animal attack -- just enough to prick them good to run away, but, not enough to cause serious damage.
7. Everyone wants to use it.
8. The teeth work pretty good for breaking up dirt and soil. So far, it works great in soft dirt and sand.
9. It is a good fit and size for the Gladiator with a molle panel or custom attachments on the trail rail.

Here is a couple of pics:
KfeDcP.jpg

HN6BJc.jpg

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Veracruz & 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
I got this one for $30: Bond LH043 D-Handle Fiberglass Round Point Shovel, Red https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T1K6D1A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_zxt4jaYG5JWWH

I took an angle grinder to it and gave it a slight edge to cut thru roots a little better.

Used it in a mild recovery last week to throw gravel on an icy hill climb for a friend on a trail ride and it fits nicely in the front of the bed. I think those teeth on the other two shovels could be useful in limited cases but a standard spade will be best in most conditions in my opinion.

8EAD47EF-16D6-4611-883A-F763AF55B545.jpeg

Fdisker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, I have the black handle Crazy Beaver shovel. I have used it twice, soft dirt and sand both times. I really like it. Here is my take so far.

1. You have to buy the sheath for it. It is a serious tool, not for kids.
2. There is no pin on the collar of the lower handle and the grip and balance are great. So, great craftsmanship.
3. It is not just a shovel, but, much more
4. The teeth are super strong, and sharp, I do not see them bending.
5. The sharp teeth are great for moving hot logs around the campfire, they stick good and grip, so, you can push around hot logs.
6. After using it a few times, I see how it cold be a great self-defense tool against a wild animal attack -- just enough to prick them good to run away, but, not enough to cause serious damage.
7. Everyone wants to use it.
8. The teeth work pretty good for breaking up dirt and soil. So far, it works great in soft dirt and sand.
9. It is a good fit and size for the Gladiator with a molle panel or custom attachments on the trail rail.

Here is a couple of pics:
Jeep Gladiator Difference between these shovels 8EAD47EF-16D6-4611-883A-F763AF55B545

Jeep Gladiator Difference between these shovels 8EAD47EF-16D6-4611-883A-F763AF55B545
what are those panels you have on the sides of your bed I like those
Sponsored