Sponsored

Discussion: 2020 Ford Raptor or 2020 Jeep Gladiator

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
The Ford dealer won't let it go. They have the PERFECT Raptor for me, if I were to get one. No $2000 Raptor stickers (yea, they cost that much). No fake carbon fiber accents, just the top package, 802a, panoramic moon roof, and a spray in bed liner. That MSRPs for $68700 but now they're putting $5700 on the hood so it's about $63000.

I have to keep reminding myself that it BARELY fits in my garage and will be a trail rash king. Jeep needs to get off their arses and get the Gator Green Diesel to market,,,,,,, NOW! If that dealer drops the price any further, I'm probably gonna pull the trigger.

When is Ford Truck Month?

:headbang::headbang::headbang:
Sponsored

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
I have owned five Raptors and had one of the first here in SoCal, from the 5.0, 6.2 and now the twin turbo six. I can tell you that the six in the Raptor is a dog and cannot hold a candle to the 6.2 motor. There was excitement with the Raptor with the 6.2 too bad Ford does not offer an option of motors.

The Raptor cannot tow much 6000 lbs. and with the super soft suspension you can really tell when your towing that the Raptor was not built to tow.

I was one of the original members on the Raptor Forum (same user name) and yes it has changed, in the beginning it was much like this forum.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
The Raptor is one of the most pointless vehicles out there today. Mall crawling in Jeeps is high, probably 85%....but for Raptors its like 99%.

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
The Raptor is one of the most pointless vehicles out there today. Mall crawling in Jeeps is high, probably 85%....but for Raptors its like 99%.
I see plenty of Raptors on the trails. If I were to get one, it would certainly spend a lot of time offroad.

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
The Ford dealer won't let it go. They have the PERFECT Raptor for me, if I were to get one. No $2000 Raptor stickers (yea, they cost that much). No fake carbon fiber accents, just the top package, 802a, panoramic moon roof, and a spray in bed liner. That MSRPs for $68700 but now they're putting $5700 on the hood so it's about $63000.

I have to keep reminding myself that it BARELY fits in my garage and will be a trail rash king. Jeep needs to get off their arses and get the Gator Green Diesel to market,,,,,,, NOW! If that dealer drops the price any further, I'm probably gonna pull the trigger.

When is Ford Truck Month?

:headbang::headbang::headbang:
August... Too late this year and the SVT's are not included...best buys at that time are XLT's

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I have owned five Raptors and had one of the first here in SoCal, from the 5.0, 6.2 and now the twin turbo six. I can tell you that the six in the Raptor is a dog and cannot hold a candle to the 6.2 motor. There was excitement with the Raptor with the 6.2 too bad Ford does not offer an option of motors.

The Raptor cannot tow much 6000 lbs. and with the super soft suspension you can really tell when your towing that the Raptor was not built to tow.

I was one of the original members on the Raptor Forum (same user name) and yes it has changed, in the beginning it was much like this forum.

What's your point other than ragging on the Gen2's Twin Turbo motor and putting down the Raptor Forum?

I've owned 2 Raptors starting with the 5.2 - I was an early owner and I organized more Raptor Runs that most anyone including running the test route the Ford engineers ran in Anza-Borrego Desert State Park and Ocotillo Wells.

I was on Raptor Forumz and co-started another Raptor Forum with BigJ that later was merged with the current Raptor Forum.

The Raptor is still the best truck of its kind ever to be built and sold by an OEM.

If you want to tow buy an F-150 or a Super Duty or modify your Twin Turbo.

If you're not happy with the TT motor you're a member of a small minority. Most complaints about the motor have strictly been focused on the sound of it vs. the V-8.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
"Pointless" like Gwagens, and most Land/Range Rovers, and 4WD SUVs and all the others that never go off road?

I think your post is pointless

Pointless in your world is an accusation of those who don't take their vehicles off road. How about just saying that instead of calling them "pointless?"

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
What's your point other than ragging on the Gen2's Twin Turbo motor and putting down the Raptor Forum?

I've owned 2 Raptors starting with the 5.2 - I was an early owner and I organized more Raptor Runs that most anyone including running the test route the Ford engineers ran in Anza-Borrego Desert State Park and Ocotillo Wells.

I was on Raptor Forumz and co-started another Raptor Forum with BigJ that later was merged with the current Raptor Forum.

The Raptor is still the best truck of its kind ever to be built and sold by an OEM.

If you want to tow buy an F-150 or a Super Duty or modify your Twin Turbo.

If you're not happy with the TT motor you're a member of a small minority. Most complaints about the motor have strictly been focused on the sound of it vs. the V-8.
No ragging here just stating facts for those who do not know and facts that experienced Raptor owners know all too well. I was at Galpin Ford when Henry Ford delivered the first Raptor to Cali. I have #2 it`s orange and signed by Mr. Ford and the special division engineers, it`s in my collection along with my F40 and Shelby 350 Mustang.

They tested the prototype Raptor in a lot of areas including Baja, Reno Nevada, Bishop Ca. and places i have forgotten about i was in Baja when the first promotion video was made also spent many hours on the 395 testing it`s road manners. I also investigated the frame issues when a group of Raptor owners bent their frames in 2011, a group of wannabe Baja racers.

And who put down the Raptor forum? In the beginning it was a small group of people excited about their trucks that they waited years for much like the members here who have also waited a long time.

In my first post i stated that i like the 6.2 over the current six TT, i have both and have compared them back to back and there is a world of difference, if the six TT blows your dress up over the 6.2 good for you.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
"Pointless" like Gwagens, and most Land/Range Rovers, and 4WD SUVs and all the others that never go off road?

I think your post is pointless

Pointless in your world is an accusation of those who don't take their vehicles off road. How about just saying that instead of calling them "pointless?"
Those are mostly pointless too, I agree.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Different strokes for different folks.

If it wasn't for mall crawling most of these vehicles wouldn't exist include the JL and JT. People buy them with the thoughts that they will go adventure out, but then life gets in the way and you don't have the free time to do that. Also most people don't live in areas like I do where an hour or less on the road you can be on trails. So its something they need to plan out which makes them even less likely to get out there and do it.

With that said when Im out on trails the (2) other most popular vehicles I see out are Raptors and Tacomas other then fellow Jeepers.

Sponsored

relapsekg

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon; 2012 VW GTI ; 1999 S10 ZR2
Occupation
IT
No ragging here just stating facts for those who do not know and facts that experienced Raptor owners know all too well. I was at Galpin Ford when Henry Ford delivered the first Raptor to Cali. I have #2 it`s orange and signed by Mr. Ford and the special division engineers, it`s in my collection along with my F40 and Shelby 350 Mustang.

They tested the prototype Raptor in a lot of areas including Baja, Reno Nevada, Bishop Ca. and places i have forgotten about i was in Baja when the first promotion video was made also spent many hours on the 395 testing it`s road manners. I also investigated the frame issues when a group of Raptor owners bent their frames in 2011, a group of wannabe Baja racers.

And who put down the Raptor forum? In the beginning it was a small group of people excited about their trucks that they waited years for much like the members here who have also waited a long time.

In my first post i stated that i like the 6.2 over the current six TT, i have both and have compared them back to back and there is a world of difference, if the six TT blows your dress up over the 6.2 good for you.
Signed by Henry Ford? Did they dig him up?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Now I understand. You're a collector who has a Gen1 Raptor 5.4L as well as an F40 - please tell us all about the Ford F40 and post a pic of that car!

You apparently can learn something about where the engineers tested the Raptor
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/thr...route-in-anza-borrego-desert-state-park.7499/

If your Raptor was signed by Henry Ford who held the pen in the corpse's hand and moved it?
FYI: The last Henry Ford (the 2nd) died in 1987

Ghostrider29

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator_Dodge Demon
YO! Dude, I didn’t read all the replies, I don’t diss other vehicles nor am I partial to a specific manufacturer, Trucks are cool, cars are cool, there a bad ass rides out there. The raptor is sick! It’s only limitation is the doors and the top don’t come off! No biggie still a bad ass truck obviously! You can’t hate on a Ford Raptor, I do however like supercharged 6.2 liter motors.:devil:
Sponsored