Sponsored

Ditching tonneau cover ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 30519
  • Start date
  • Watchers 7

Deleted member 30519

I like the way they look but I'm thinking about taking mine off and storing it in the garage. I don't like how the hard part of the cover sits against the rear window when it's rolled up plus the birds are constantly crapping on it and its pain to get out. How do these OEM spray in bed liners hold up long term if just left it off in the warm and cold weather?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

I guess I was securing it wrong. I was rolling it up to end so it touched the window before doing the velcro straps. :facepalm:

Jeep Gladiator Ditching tonneau cover ? Screenshot_20200628-212947

uplandgunner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
That's two questions there . I'm on the fence with the factory cover. It's nice and serves a good purpose but with a bed rack it's a pain. I even lifted my bedrack to make access easier but in the end it's nuisance when you really want access. But still I like the cover it hides shit to the open eye which is the appealing part but again ...Is the access annoyance worth it?

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

That's two questions there . I'm on the fence with the factory cover. It's nice and serves a good purpose but with a bed rack it's a pain. I even lifted my bedrack to make access easier but in the end it's nuisance when you really want access. But still I like the cover it hides shit to the open eye which is the appealing part but again ...Is the access annoyance worth it?
Yeah exactly. I was going out with my one year old and 3 year old today and the wagon we have won't fit in the Rogue so I figured I'd be able to put it in the back of the bed with the cover on but the handle on the wagon was too high so I had to roll it up just for that. When I had my snap on cover on my 05 ram I learned after 2 years to just leave the damn thing off and save myself the hassle.

Sponsored

busglad

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator-Overland (Billet Silver)
Occupation
US Federal Government Sr. Manager
When I had the bed sprayed with Line-X, I had them install one of their tonneau covers. It's works super well. There's a debate in my mind though as I'm headed towards installing the RSI Smartcap (deposit placed last month) when it comes out in October which would necessitate removal of the tonneau cover.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

When I had the bed sprayed with Line-X, I had them install one of their tonneau covers. It's works super well. There's a debate in my mind though as I'm headed towards installing the RSI Smartcap (deposit placed last month) when it comes out in October which would necessitate removal of the tonneau cover.
That smartcap looks great man. I was looking into bed caps but It's a little out of my price range. I was hoping they would of came out with some kind of cargo soft cap less expensive but I can't seem to find anything.

augustwest

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I took mine off few a few weeks while doing some projects. Was picking up lumber and stone fairly regularly a month or so ago. Stored the Tonneau rolled up in my garage. Now I have it back on it it no longer fits tightly to the bed. Almost like it stretched out. Not sure what happened. Kinda bummed about it to be honest.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

Hmm maybe I'll just roll mine up for now then. I still can't believe I was rolling mine all the way up to the rear window before. I could of sworn I saw pictures of people doing it that way so assumed that was proper way to secure it.

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Hmm maybe I'll just roll mine up for now then. I still can't believe I was rolling mine all the way up to the rear window before. I could of sworn I saw pictures of people doing it that way so assumed that was proper way to secure it.
Perhaps some of the covers you saw rolled to the window were aftermarket ones? I've got the cheap amazon Tiger cover and that's the way it secures.

Swayze

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I like to drive around with the top and doors off as much as possible. I have a locking metal tonneau cover, so I can still run errands and store items in the bed that need locked up and are bigger. I don’t think I’d bother with a soft tonneau cover, but I like mine for an increased security on trips, etc. It’s not a vault, but some some add protection when I need to leave things in the truck.
Sponsored