Sponsored

Do all 3.0L EcoDiesel come with the block heater?

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
I see some videos that engines have them included and I just need to add the cord. Can anyone confirm that their 2021 JT Eco Diesel? I want to make sure I have it before I pick it up from the dealership. I can add the cord myself but the heater itself I do not want to do.
Sponsored

JC JT

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Navy
I see some videos that engines have them included and I just need to add the cord. Can anyone confirm that their 2021 JT Eco Diesel? I want to make sure I have it before I pick it up from the dealership. I can add the cord myself but the heater itself I do not want to do.
GENO's garage only thing you need is the cord call them
ALso I am not sure of the rules about saying this not promoting them
I just use them on all my Cummins parts

iadslgladiator

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR diesel
Occupation
operations manager
Yes, all ecodiesel engines come with the block heater installed. All you need is the cord. I found one locally at napa for 20 bucks and installed it myself. I did a brief write up on it. Ill post a link to the thread

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD
I lay on the ground and felt around. It all feels the same. Glad Iā€™m in TX and donā€™t really need this. Would be ā€œcoolā€ to have. Maybe Iā€™ll recline beneath the Jeep another day and feel around some more.

Sponsored

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
Found mine really easily without taking anything apart. See the orange cap, that's the plug. You just need to buy the adapter cord for $40 and hook it up. Easy!
Jeep Gladiator Do all 3.0L EcoDiesel come with the block heater? 20210215_135529

Jeep Gladiator Do all 3.0L EcoDiesel come with the block heater? 20210215_135552

Doc Shoemaker

First Name
Rich Shoemaker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland High Altitude, EcoDiesel
Occupation
Research Scientist
Yes, all ecodiesel engines come with the block heater installed. All you need is the cord. I found one locally at napa for 20 bucks and installed it myself. I did a brief write up on it. Ill post a link to the thread
I realize this is a 2-year old thread, but my 2022 EcoDiesel Overland High Altitude WITH the Cold Weather Package has no block heater at all. The Block Heaters are backordered indefinitely, and my dealer wants ~$700 to install the block heater if it ever becomes available. They told me that none of the 2022 3L EcoDiesel Gladiator motors came with an engine block heater.

terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Sales
My wife has a '21 JLURD and it was optional and I could not even order it last December on my '22 JLURD. I will check to see if the plug is there. I am not counting on it.

Sponsored

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
I lay on the ground and felt around. It all feels the same. Glad Iā€™m in TX and donā€™t really need this. Would be ā€œcoolā€ to have. Maybe Iā€™ll recline beneath the Jeep another day and feel around some more.
Youā€¦youā€¦fondler šŸ˜†

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
I realize this is a 2-year old thread, but my 2022 EcoDiesel Overland High Altitude WITH the Cold Weather Package has no block heater at all. The Block Heaters are backordered indefinitely, and my dealer wants ~$700 to install the block heater if it ever becomes available. They told me that none of the 2022 3L EcoDiesel Gladiator motors came with an engine block heater.
This thread has all the info you need to do the install plus part numbers. '22s don't have the heaters and couldn't order as noted above.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/ecodiesel-block-heater-installation.63131/

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
$700!!!!!! šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

Someone posted the DIY write up. Itā€™s seriously ā€œnot that badā€ to do- I just did itā€¦. I used a huge rubber made container to catch the fluidā€¦. So if you wanted to be even cheaper about doing it yourself- you can probably reuse what you catch.

heating element is$69 on Amazon, cord was $34

solid two beer slow pace easy task for the garageā€¦.

MOPAR 56044738AA - Heater Engine Block
https://a.co/d/01j3ZjF

BMI Dodge Ram 3.0L EcoDiesel Engine block Heater Cord Compatible with: 2014-2021+ Eco Diesel Dodge Ram
https://a.co/d/3lukIMi

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
$700!!!!!! šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

Someone posted the DIY write up. Itā€™s seriously ā€œnot that badā€ to do- I just did itā€¦. I used a huge rubber made container to catch the fluidā€¦. So if you wanted to be even cheaper about doing it yourself- you can probably reuse what you catch.

heating element is$69 on Amazon, cord was $34

solid two beer slow pace easy task for the garageā€¦.

MOPAR 56044738AA - Heater Engine Block
https://a.co/d/01j3ZjF

BMI Dodge Ram 3.0L EcoDiesel Engine block Heater Cord Compatible with: 2014-2021+ Eco Diesel Dodge Ram
https://a.co/d/3lukIMi
Think I paid $19.00 for my cord from Geno's Garage.
Sponsored