First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
I’ve heard they don’t make that much of a difference. Any opinions one way or the other?
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I have the hotheads headliner and it absolutely makes a difference when it comes to interior temperature control.
Makes a BIG difference in noise control, too, especially when used with the Sound Assassin strips.

Kevin

Sponsored

Ankh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator, '10 commander
Occupation
Steel
Vehicle Showcase
I have the hotheads with sound strips, if/when I buy my next jeep I will install hotheads with sound assassin or equivalent again. It doesn't remove all the noise, but it seems to deaden the sound.

ckgjt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Max ToE
I have a JL with no headliner and have the OEM on my JT and it does make it difference....the $500.00 entry fee is hard to swallow though ...should be standard in my opinion

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Yes. I have the factory liners. The difference between the liners and the exposed panel is significant. The exposed panel is like being broiled, as it gets hot and radiates its own heat. In my last Jeep, I had a sunmesh top, and then stuck a yoga pad on top of the mesh top. Worked perfectly, if you're on a budget.

Alien sunshade on Amazon, cut a thick rubber yoga mat to size, and presto. For more hacks like these, feel free to like and subscribe! :)

Invictus Off Road

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.invictusoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JT, CJ, XJ
Occupation
Entrepreneur
FYI we manufacture headlines for the gladiators. Ours come with Molle system so you get storage along with insulation!

We also give four members 15% of with code: GLAD2020

Jeep Gladiator Do Headliners make a difference? IMG_7818.JPG

RustySeatbelt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I'm another vote for the HotHead's. I'm in central Texas and can absolutely feel the difference between having them and not. As another poster mentioned, first thing is you don't feel like you're sitting under a roaster anymore when it's over 90* out, and second it's amazing how much easier it is for the AC to keep the cab cool. I won't ever go without them again in any future Jeep's.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dryfly24

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Just bought a set of Hot Heads Liners. The New Mexico sun is brutal. As are the Minnesota winters. Now I’m good for both. Thank you all for the help.

Last edited:

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
I have a JL with no headliner and have the OEM on my JT and it does make it difference....the $500.00 entry fee is hard to swallow though ...should be standard in my opinion
We got lucky, they came OEM in my North package and Wife's Altitude package, very happy with both, does make a very nice difference in both temperature and sound (outside, and radio).

Gumbo Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon ecoDiesel
Occupation
Installation Manager
I installed the Hot Heads two days after picking up my diesel Gladiator. I went ahead and did the full floor kit as well. That said, I really can't vouch for sound/temperature improvement because I installed it before putting any miles on it, but it does look better in my opinion? And the interior is pleasantly quiet.

JeffInFLA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Willys
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the OEM headliner… I noticed a good difference in both sound and temperature maintenance.

PeterGriffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
(re)tired...!
I'm using this picture again and there's NOTHING you can do about it...MUHAHAHA!

3sJd9qlh.jpg

I was FINALLY going to install the Hotheads on my '17 JKUR when we happened upon this loaded Mojave which came with, you guessed it, the MOPAR headliners.

Being in SW AZ I quite literally live in one of the hottest environments in the country and where the Mojave is most at home not so coincidentally. I can tell you unequivocally that The MOPAR headliners make a huge difference in both cabin noise and temperature and with that being said if my Mojave did not have them, I'd make the Hotheads as one of my first mods. In my '17 JKUR this time of year, pushing 115+ and the top of my head would be warm and actually sweaty no matter how much the A/C was cranking, now with the Mojave it's not an issue...
Sponsored