Sponsored

Do the halogen fog lights fit the steel Mopar bumper? LED upgrade recommendations?

bgoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport
Build Thread
Link
Bought a steel mopar bumper but don't want to pull everything apart until I either: A) know the stock halogen fog lights fit, or B) find a pair of good aftermarket LED lights... Oracle?

I'm deathly afraid of wiring and would need a pretty simple install though. Any recommendations?
Sponsored

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Don't know about the other trims, but i transferred the halogen fogs from a plastic rubicon bumper to a mopar steel bumper clone.
I put in a switchback LED bulb. Direct plug and play. No programming. No errors.

chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Wrangler Freedom Edit
Occupation
Sr Quality Manager
Oracle makes a bracket that should work. Or you could go with Oracle led fogs, they are plug and play.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Bought a steel mopar bumper but don't want to pull everything apart until I either: A) know the stock halogen fog lights fit, or B) find a pair of good aftermarket LED lights... Oracle?

I'm deathly afraid of wiring and would need a pretty simple install though. Any recommendations?
I put DiodeDynamics selective yellow LED fogs in the steel Rubicon-style bumper on my Overland.

Jeep Gladiator Do the halogen fog lights fit the steel Mopar bumper? LED upgrade recommendations? 20220208_122406_HDR

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education

Sponsored

ChillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Jeep Wagoneer, Challenger HC RE WB
Don't know about the other trims, but i transferred the halogen fogs from a plastic rubicon bumper to a mopar steel bumper clone.
I put in a switchback LED bulb. Direct plug and play. No programming. No errors.
Im confused. So you reused your plastic bumper halogen fogs and they bolted up to the mopar steel knock off bumper? Or did you need to buy a bracket to help the fogs to fit?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Im confused. So you reused your plastic bumper halogen fogs and they bolted up to the mopar steel knock off bumper? Or did you need to buy a bracket to help the fogs to fit?
The copy-cat bumper I bought had brackets to use my Overland plastic bumper fog lights with the bumper (although it came with decent LED lights as well)
The Overland style fog light attaches to the bumper bracket using 4 screws, then 2 screws secure the bracket to the steel bumper like Rubicon steel bumper fog lights would attach.

Jeep Gladiator Do the halogen fog lights fit the steel Mopar bumper? LED upgrade recommendations? 20211231_104719

ChillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The copy-cat bumper I bought had brackets to use my Overland plastic bumper fog lights with the bumper (although it came with decent LED lights as well)
The Overland style fog light attaches to the bumper bracket using 4 screws, then 2 screws secure the bracket to the steel bumper like Rubicon steel bumper fog lights would attach.

Jeep Gladiator Do the halogen fog lights fit the steel Mopar bumper? LED upgrade recommendations? 20211231_104719
Were your fogs halogen or LED? If Halogen are they the same halogen as my rubicon?

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
They bolted up. I did not need to buy any brackets

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Were your fogs halogen or LED? If Halogen are they the same halogen as my rubicon?
Mine were LED.
I bought the eBay Rubicon steel bumper copy and put it on my Overland. The bumper had brackets that allowed me to use my LED fog lights in the bumper. Likely because the bumper is aimed at Rubicon and Overland people and they'd have the fog lights for the "plastic" bumper.
The brackets aren't anything to brag about, but they work fine.
I then bought DiodeDynamics SS3 Sport selective yellow fog lights for the Overland/Rubicon plastic bumper. You can buy those with the adapter brackets to allow them to go into the steel bumper but I didn't need the brackets since this bumper came with them.
It makes sense - since this knock-off steel bumper is aimed at or meant for people putting a steel bumper on in place of the original plastic bumper, their brackets allow the original fog lights to work in their bumper.

I would think, or suspect, or guess, that the fog lights mount the same halogen or LED. It's hard to imagine they would require some sort of adapter - making it more complex at the factory.
And I can't see, just for example, that an Overland would halogen lights would have a different bumper than an Overland with LED lights.

ChillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine were LED.
I bought the eBay Rubicon steel bumper copy and put it on my Overland. The bumper had brackets that allowed me to use my LED fog lights in the bumper. Likely because the bumper is aimed at Rubicon and Overland people and they'd have the fog lights for the "plastic" bumper.
The brackets aren't anything to brag about, but they work fine.
I then bought DiodeDynamics SS3 Sport selective yellow fog lights for the Overland/Rubicon plastic bumper. You can buy those with the adapter brackets to allow them to go into the steel bumper but I didn't need the brackets since this bumper came with them.
It makes sense - since this knock-off steel bumper is aimed at or meant for people putting a steel bumper on in place of the original plastic bumper, their brackets allow the original fog lights to work in their bumper.

I would think, or suspect, or guess, that the fog lights mount the same halogen or LED. It's hard to imagine they would require some sort of adapter - making it more complex at the factory.
And I can't see, just for example, that an Overland would halogen lights would have a different bumper than an Overland with LED lights.
Apparently the factory LED and the halogen fogs have different brackets. I think i need to just take off the bumper and pull the fogs out and see what i have.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase

If your bumper looks like this, you are golden.
Jeep Gladiator Do the halogen fog lights fit the steel Mopar bumper? LED upgrade recommendations? Screen Shot 2022-05-08 at 11.12.47 PM

If your bumper looks like this, you will have to get a set of brackets.
Jeep Gladiator Do the halogen fog lights fit the steel Mopar bumper? LED upgrade recommendations? Screen Shot 2022-05-08 at 11.13.24 PM

Judging by the pic of your Gladiator, it should be Plug & Play all the way.
Jeep Gladiator Do the halogen fog lights fit the steel Mopar bumper? LED upgrade recommendations? Screen Shot 2022-05-08 at 11.15.49 PM

Last edited:

ChillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If your bumper looks like this, you are golden.
Jeep Gladiator Do the halogen fog lights fit the steel Mopar bumper? LED upgrade recommendations? Screen Shot 2022-05-08 at 11.15.49 PM

If your bumper looks like this, you will have to get a set of brackets.

Judging by the pic of your Gladiator, it should be Plug & Play all the way.
So i own a rubicon gladiator with halogen fogs and plastic bumper. Here are my fogs i just pulled out. If i want to fit my OEM halogen fogs to either the knock off 3 piece steel bumper or OEM mopar steel bumper these maximus brackets should work?

20220509_092924.jpg

20220509_092910.jpg

20220509_092902.jpg

Screenshot_20220509-083828_Samsung Internet.jpg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah. Your halogens are simply in adapters that make them fit like my 4 screw LED lights.
Sponsored