Sponsored

Do we know when the Ecodiesel will be released?

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Do we know when the Ecodiesel is scheduled to be released? Has Jeep given any solid dates?
Sponsored

jeepinjon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
They have consistently said calendar year 2020, so somewhere between 1/1/2020 and 12/31/2020. It wouldn't surprise me if it is mid to late 2020 since they haven't given more specifics.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
Do we know when the Ecodiesel is scheduled to be released? Has Jeep given any solid dates?
Calender year 2020 for the 2021 model year. My guess is Fall 2020.

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Thank you for the information. I was hoping we would see the Ecodiesel for the 2020 model, but I guess we'll have to wait. I've really enjoyed the Ram Ecodiesel, so I'm willing to wait for the Gladiator Ecodiesel to be released. My wife is also wanting a Wrangler, so I plan to buy the Wrangler Ecodiesel as well.

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Not soon enough. But I also really hope they have a breakthrough and surprise us early.

Sponsored

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Someone on the Ram Ecodiesel forum said, "When I last looked at the official Ram sales page on the web under the build section, FCA stated that the Eco engine option would be available first quarter 2019. That's any time between now and the end of March."

Of course, that's for the Ram, not the Jeep. The release dates could be different.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Someone on the Ram Ecodiesel forum said, "When I last looked at the official Ram sales page on the web under the build section, FCA stated that the Eco engine option would be available first quarter 2019. That's any time between now and the end of March."

Of course, that's for the Ram, not the Jeep. The release dates could be different.
Well, I wish they'd hurry TF up!

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thank you for the information. I was hoping we would see the Ecodiesel for the 2020 model, but I guess we'll have to wait. I've really enjoyed the Ram Ecodiesel, so I'm willing to wait for the Gladiator Ecodiesel to be released. My wife is also wanting a Wrangler, so I plan to buy the Wrangler Ecodiesel as well.
If it wasn't for the wait I would get an ecodiesel. I occasionally borrow my dad's truck which has the Ecodiesel when I need to tow my camper and I love it; I also just love diesels in general (I'm not a Diesel Technician for no reason).

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Mopy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
2+ years out from today. Remember, the FCA big wig, senior top level executive interviewed at the 2018 recent LA Auto show was asked when the diesel will be available in the Gladiator. He responded, "calendar year 2020."

Folks, if you have a boss who is so ignorant, naĂŻve, and inexperienced with managing subordinates that he/she would possibly let you get away with setting a deliverable date as the infamous vague timeframe of "to be completed in CY2020," admit it: What you are really saying is "not one-millisecond sooner than 12/31/2020." And, we must take into account the inevitable slips that will occur in the next 2 years. You know, little headaches like the EPA's emissions testing, and who knows what the heck other delays.

So, my realistic expectation for my fully optioned out, drive-off-the-lot $90k+ (including 10% sales tax and full boat FEW) oil burner Rubicon Gladiator is, best realistic case, no sooner than March 31, 2021 = MY2021. Sigh...:(

Last edited:

Sponsored

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
2+ years out from today. Remember, the FCA big wig, senior top level executive interviewed at the 2018 recent LA Auto show was asked when the diesel will be available in the Gladiator. He responded, "calendar year 2020."

Folks, if you have a boss who is so ignorant, naĂŻve, and inexperienced with managing subordinates that he/she would possibly let you get away with setting a deliverable date as the infamous vague timeframe of "to be completed in CY2020," admit it: What you are really saying is "not one-millisecond sooner than 12/31/2020." And, we must take into account the inevitable slips that will occur in the next 2 years. You know, little headaches like the EPA's emissions testing, and who knows what the heck other delays.

So, my realistic expectation for my fully optioned out, drive-off-the-lot $90k+ (including 10% sales tax and full boat FEW) oil burner Rubicon Gladiator is, best realistic case, no sooner than March 31, 2021 = MY2021. Sigh...:(
I think you are a bit of a negative Nancy.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
They promised EcoDiesel for JL Wrangler for fall 2018. Then it became spring 2019. Then it became we don't know. Then it was have they even addressed the cam key issue or the other issues that cause the engine to lock up and die on a pretty common basis? And then it became even if they fixed the internal flaws with the engine, what's up with the emissions testing? And now nobody has a clue and FCA isn't even talking about it anymore.

So if you're only buying if you can get the diesel, don't hold your breath.

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Mopy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
“They promised EcoDiesel for JL Wrangler for fall 2018. Then it became spring 2019. Then it became we don't know.”

FCA exec at 2018 LA Auto Show said diesel will be avaiable in CY2020. So, if it’s anytime prior to midnight on Dec 31, 2020, take that as better than expected.
Sponsored