Sponsored

Does anyone else think about Jeeps all day while ar work?

Sx3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2018 JLUR, 1997 Wrangler Sport
I find myself thinking about Jeeps almost, well practically all day in some form. For one, I find myself on this Forum. As soon as I pull in the parking lot I scan for any other parked Jeep. I always walk past a lifted Jeep of some sort even when it's out of my way.

I'm always thinking about where I want to go in my Jeep as it sits in the parking lot. I am always looking for accessories online. And as soon as a Jeep conversation starts, it all goes down hill from there. What do you know, breaktime.

So what do you do during work other than your job? Are you thinking about your next upgrade, offroad plans, buying another Jeep, or perhaps working on the Jeep?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Red Wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Colorado
I think about the JT more than I should, I'm sure.
I don't currently own one but hope to later this year/early next year.
I'm enjoying reading this forum and everyone's experiences with it.
I currently drive a Colorado w/ a manual and am looking forward to owning a manual JT.

Reactions: Sx3
OP
OP
Sx3

Sx3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2018 JLUR, 1997 Wrangler Sport
Well that was stupid, how do I edit this title to say at work? I was too busy thinking about Jeeps today at work and in a hurry when I posted this thread also while working.

Last edited:

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Where else do you get paid to think about your Jeep?

Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
I was working on a new incentive plan at work today and added a metric worth 10% for Jeep ownership just to see if anyone would notice. The General Counsel owns a Raptor and the CFO a Taco. So far, so good. We will see if they are paying attention!

Oh, my answer is yes.

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
Jeeps...Jeeps...Jeeps.... What? Did you say something?

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Every day thinking about Jeeps at work and about the next project or wheeling trip. Maybe at some point I should work.

ABJeepTech

First Name
Braydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, 2020 JTR ordered
Yes! But unfortunately working for a dealer I spend my days touching Cherokees and Renegades

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
I’m on the phones all day long and am great at multitasking. I read this forum mostly, and I also search accessories for the Gladiator.

Sponsored

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I’m working now on Graveyard shift

DA0B2D9F-3C34-46B4-AB32-18D4C79B6A5B.jpeg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Considering that my JT is normally parked under the lean-to right outside my shop door - any time I walk out of my shop I am 12" from the front corner of it.
And I have Jeep stuff, Jeep TSBs, and other stuff in my shop.
My wife drives a Grand Cherokee, I have a WJ in the garage, my show car has a Jeep engine in it so I have some Jeep engine parts around, heads, blocks, crankshafts, transfer cases, etc. I can't go anywhere in my shop without seeing something Jeep, can't go into my garage without seeing two of them. Can't enter or leave my shop without seeing one.
And while I'm waiting for processes to finish in my shop, if there's a few minutes, I hit the chromebook out there and visit this or our AMC forum.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Considering that my JT is normally parked under the lean-to right outside my shop door - any time I walk out of my shop I am 12" from the front corner of it.
And I have Jeep stuff, Jeep TSBs, and other stuff in my shop.
My wife drives a Grand Cherokee, I have a WJ in the garage, my show car has a Jeep engine in it so I have some Jeep engine parts around, heads, blocks, crankshafts, transfer cases, etc. I can't go anywhere in my shop without seeing something Jeep, can't go into my garage without seeing two of them. Can't enter or leave my shop without seeing one.
And while I'm waiting for processes to finish in my shop, if there's a few minutes, I hit the chromebook out there and visit this or our AMC forum.
I love the old AMC's my dad had a new 1976 AMC Hornet wagon silver & black 258 CID it was cool

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I love the old AMC's my dad had a new 1976 AMC Hornet wagon silver & black 258 CID it was cool
I've had several vehicles with the 258 - tough, reliable engines. The Hornet wagon was one of the best looking wagons on the market. Sportabout.
My first job in an auto shop as a mechanic was in the early 70s - I worked in a shop that had been part of an AMC dealership in a small town. The owner of the dealership ended his relationship with new cars, sold used for a while then got out of that but let his shop guy, Andy, keep the shop going for general mechanic work. Andy hired me. Since the shop had been part of a the dealership, most of what we worked on were 60s and 70s AMC. Andy told me to go out and get a "green Rambler sitting out front and replace the valve seals". I looked out and I sure didn't see any green Rambler. He grabbed me and went to the door and pointed "THAT green Rambler". It was a 1969 forest green AMX 390 4 speed. Holy cow I thought I was going to kill myself on the test drive when on the test drive I went through the gears, hit 4th and dropped the clutch and the thing went half-sideways.

Anyway, two items from my shop - one a prototype 4.0 aluminum head, only three were ever made. Clifford Research designed it and had three cast and they decided it didn't achieve the power where they wanted it and sold the design.
I know of one other that was actually installed on a Jeep. This one is back in the box from Clifford Research, sitting on my shelves waiting for me to decide how or if to use it.

amc-jeep-tcase-diag.jpg
prototype-head-1.jpg

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Way to much. Even when driving my other cars I am still staring at the jeep. On days I drive it to work I go over to the window at least a few times and look at it. Watch the weather constantly to see when I can drive it topless. I also check this forum at least a few times a day.
Sponsored