Sponsored

Does anyone have any good locking toolboxes for the bed that fit UNDER a tonneau cover?

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S Max Tow, Punkin Metallic
I'd like something that fits right up against the front of the bed (behind the windows). I just have no space for things like my jumper cables, a small toolkit, and X lug wrench, etc. I'd like it lockable and waterproof AND fitting under a solid Tonneau cover (lowmax).
How would something like this mount into the bed?
Sponsored

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
I'd like something that fits right up against the front of the bed (behind the windows). I just have no space for things like my jumper cables, a small toolkit, and X lug wrench, etc. I'd like it lockable and waterproof AND fitting under a solid Tonneau cover (lowmax).
Do you have trail rails?

Also are you looking for metal or plastic?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
The Rubbermaid 24 gallon Actionpacker is super durable, waterproof and lockable and it fits perfectly under the tonneau cover

OP
OP

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have trail rails?

Also are you looking for metal or plastic?
Yes, I have the trail rails. I THINK I'd prefer metal as it would be harder to break into if I leave the tonneau open/off.

For this: Rubbermaid 24 gallon Actionpacker, how do you secure it to the truck bed?

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Yes, I have the trail rails. I THINK I'd prefer metal as it would be harder to break into if I leave the tonneau open/off
Check out tractor supply. They have lots of options that are reasonably priced.

Depending on the height of the box, you can use the trail rails to secure it.

EDIT: Should mention that some of the plastic boxes are really tough. If someone really wants to get in probably wont make a difference if its metal or plastic.

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I have the trail rails. I THINK I'd prefer metal as it would be harder to break into if I leave the tonneau open/off.

For this: Rubbermaid 24 gallon Actionpacker, how do you secure it to the truck bed?
I don't because I have the factory Tonneau which I always have closed with the tailgate closed/locked.

You could easily lock the ActionPacker into the bed...the box has holes in each of the two red lid latches that could fit padlocks (haven't checked this) and you could use some chain to lock it to the low bed eye loops.

The good thing is the ActionPacker isn't expensive and you could buy it and return it to Walmart if you're not happy with it.

I fit 4 of them into the bed and still have room left over

JT-S-Maxi-IND

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, 1998 Pontiac Sunfire convertible
Occupation
Retired (Sales)

There are many ideas in the Tool box? Thread.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/tool-box.19656/

Here is a post I made regarding the Tractor Supply box and Milwaukee Packout tool boxes. Start with the link inside this post
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/tool-box.19656/page-2#post-447813

Reactions: jlg
OP
OP

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Kevrend

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Pelican just launched a new line of cases specifically targeted at doing what you're looking for, and they have Quick Disconnect mounts so you can remove them. Bed Mount, Bed Rail Mount and Roof Rack Mount in 8 different sizes.

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase

Gradyk33

First Name
grady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon

Whiteeagle

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I had a local company (Innovative Industries in Antigo WI ) mount this diamond aluminum locking box on their "SlideMaster" extending rails so I can have it at the front - or - pull it on the extending rails towards the rear to make it a lot easier to open and access.

2019-11-22 08.01.13.jpg
Sponsored