Sponsored

Does anyone know how to open/disassemble the center console?

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S Max Tow, Punkin Metallic
So, I had a lens pop out of my prescription sunglasses, and it fell between the drivers seat and the console. When I went to reach it, it seems like it slid UNDER the center console (if you look at this next to the drivers seat, there is a pretty big gap between the bottom of the console and the floor/rug. Does anyone know how to pop off a panel, (or maybe the back section that has the back drink holders) so that I can get UNDER the console? I can't even see where the lens is now -- so I think it shifted more and is even deeper under the console.
I'd hate to have to bring it to the dealer for this....
Sponsored

CG07SUT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX being replaced by Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction
Why don’t you pull the seat? 4 bolts and the seat is loose or able to be tiled backwards giving you access to the rug edge at the console. I lifted the front legs of my seat so that the seat cushion is better tilted giving more support under my knees and a more comfortable seating position for me. I’ve done this on all of my jeeps since the seats always sit so flat.

OP
OP

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S Max Tow, Punkin Metallic
I can try that -- just not sure that will let me get completely under the console. I will see if I can do that tomorrow, but I think if i could get the back of the console off (where the BACK drink holders are) I could get under the console easier. Even without the seats, not sure I could get UNDER the console to get the lens.

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Pull both seats forward. There are two plastic covers on the sides of the console (they are on the rear bottom). Remove these and there will be screws under them. Remove the screws and you should be able to pivot the console upwards.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob

Don't scratch your plastic parts up with a screwdriver like this guy did.

Reactions: jlg

Sponsored

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Don't scratch your plastic parts up with a screwdriver like this guy did.
Best thing to do is put masking tape around the areas you will pry. I usually do two layers for good measure and cover a large area in the event I slip.

mr_bots

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Can you just pull the carpet up and reach it? The carpet in these basically just pops out so you can hose out the cabin.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

ksh67

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Sport S - Ordered 8/7, delivered 9/9
100% Agree. I have used these tools for so many things over the years that I have a few sets, in the house, garage, shed. They aren't just for automotive use.

This is a must-have tool set - I've had this for years - it's cheap and works very well...

64126_W3.jpg
Sponsored

Reactions: jlg