Does Mopar lift need…

Komato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
Does the mopar lift require the geometry correction brackets? It’s a diesel if that matters. If so what do y’all recommend?
Sponsored

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
I’m no expert, but I have a 2021 JTRD and had the Mopar (AC) lift installed in FEB. I added SteerSmarts Yeti front & rear track bars to this mod. It’s rides much better. A little stiffer though, but no bottoming out. I didn’t install anything else, e.g. geometry brackets. I bought a Teraflex front spacer kit to level it but didn’t use it, it’s fine.

Ar4130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JT
Require? no

Will it ride better? Yes

The Mopar arms are barely longer than stock and really don’t add much caster. They also do not do anything to address the steeper control arm angles once you install the lift, which contribute to a harsher ride. Geo brackets will do both and also provide additional settings to be used in the future should you go bigger. The mopar arms arm fixed and will need to be replaced with adjustable arms or geo brackets if you go bigger down the road. The brackets also help balance pinion angle, along with caster, as they relocate the upper arms as well

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer

Sponsored

OP
OP
Komato

Komato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
Also, not related to the Mopar lift, but go check out what @Clayton Off Road is saying over to this thread if you’re only interested in springs and such to mitigate bottoming out.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/gladiator-diesel-bottoming-out-poll-let’s-get-some-numbers-here.49496/post-971777
Thanks, I’ve read that. I already have the mopar lift waiting for when my JTOD gets here, I’m just wanting to have everything else I may want/need here to install it all at once

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Required? No. I would recommend it if you want better ride quality though. I would also get adjustable front and rear track bars to center your axles. A lot of people ride with just the Mopar lift kit parts, no issues though.

Here’s a good video on geo brackets. The first 8 minutes or so is the meat of the video. His broom stick example is great and that starts at the 7 minute mark.

Sponsored