Sponsored

does the 80th anniversary edition have a differential lock or not?

maddocmuc

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Physician
Vehicle Showcase
I am short of purchasing a 80th anniversary edition but I do not get any information about it having a differential lock or not.
Dealer told me, it had an automatic differential lock but when I look at the rubicon inside I see a manual switch that engages either non, rear or rear and front differential locks.
who can help?
Thank you very much, have a good day, Jan
Sponsored

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I see that you are in Germany, so it is possible that options vary. But from what I can see in the US, the 80th Anniversary edition has an option to add "Trac-Lok Anti-Spin Rear Differential." The dealer is right that Trac-Lok is automatic. It is like a beefed up traction control.

"The Trac-Lok® anti-spin rear differential is a torque-sensitive mechanical unit that works to maintain traction in slippery or rough conditions. Trac-Lok automatically distributes the available rear torque to the rear wheel that provides the most traction, thus helping to reduce wheel spin caused by lack of traction in the other rear wheel."

This is not, however, the same thing as a locking differential, like you would find on the Rubicon (front and rear) or Mojave (rear only).

OP
OP

maddocmuc

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Physician
Vehicle Showcase