First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
The manager of Children and Campsites
So today was...a day. A day, on top of a week. Just stressful at work and kids with virtual learning and...life. You get it. I know you get it.

But today, I got shamed on a social media platform. Not just one post. This person posted pictures of my children, myself, my Gladiator (the only one in town, sofar as I can tell) and our beautiful dog, on at least six town/regional groups.
Our dog rides in the bed, securely harnessed in, on nice days, to work with me. It's her domain (unless I'm actually using the bed for non pup-related travel). She's secured in with a harness, has a comfy bed and is as happy as a clam. I trained her not to stand on the gunnel. She stretches her neck around whichever side of the cab she favors.

Anyhow, this person posted these pictures, within a thread, calling me a jerk, saying what I did was illegal, unsafe and that I didn't deserve to have pets. She and her partner placed me on a "do not adopt" list, broadcasted this fact (as apparently she's an animal rescuer). She was a human being with an audience, and she was mean.

So. It hurt. Maybe that makes me a big baby. But, I'm trying to weave a silver lining. Here it goes.

Do you ride with your dog(s) in the bed? NJ has some of the most stringent laws (with everything), but the pet wording says "if not properly restrained."

What do you say? I truly DO want to hear it. Just...please don't call me a jerk. I'm generally *not* a jerk. Granted, we all have our moments.
Jeep Gladiator Dogs in Bed IMG_20200904_140018
Sponsored

DJ_Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR, 2021 JTR Diesel
FYI - I built a cage inside wife's '18 JKUR since 1 of our 3 furry children likes to lean out window and bark at those little white dots that fly by at 70mph
Will do rear seat delete to JTUR for same reason as soon as it arrives.

Our babies go everywhere with us :)

OP
OP
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So today was...a day. A day, on top of a week. Just stressful at work and kids with virtual learning and...life. You get it. I know you get it.

But today, I got shamed on a social media platform. Not just one post. This person posted pictures of my children, myself, my Gladiator (the only one in town, sofar as I can tell) and our beautiful dog, on at least six town/regional groups.
Our dog rides in the bed, securely harnessed in, on nice days, to work with me. It's her domain (unless I'm actually using the bed for non pup-related travel). She's secured in with a harness, has a comfy bed and is as happy as a clam. I trained her not to stand on the gunnel. She stretches her neck around whichever side of the cab she favors.

Anyhow, this person posted these pictures, within a thread, calling me a jerk, saying what I did was illegal, unsafe and that I didn't deserve to have pets. She and her partner placed me on a "do not adopt" list, broadcasted this fact (as apparently she's an animal rescuer). She was a human being with an audience, and she was mean.

So. It hurt. Maybe that makes me a big baby. But, I'm trying to weave a silver lining. Here it goes.

Do you ride with your dog(s) in the bed? NJ has some of the most stringent laws (with everything), but the pet wording says "if not properly restrained."

What do you say? I truly DO want to hear it. Just...please don't call me a jerk. I'm generally *not* a jerk. Granted, we all have our moments.
Jeep Gladiator Dogs in Bed IMG_20200904_140018
Of course in this picture she's standing on the gunnel. But that's because I called her up for the photo. Promise!

OP
OP
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I suggest you ignore the a$$hole or even post a F-Y on those holier than thou sites :swear:

just my $0.02
I wound up defending myself as far as stating that she was secured and trained. I didn't buy into the name calling or bashing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
FYI - I built a cage inside wife's '18 JKUR since 1 of our 3 furry children likes to lean out window and bark at those little white dots that fly by at 70mph
Will do rear seat delete to JTUR for same reason as soon as it arrives.

Our babies go everywhere with us :)
I have three boys that take up the majority of the cab. The youngest, now 5, was tired of riding middle and wanted the dog's window space. So I moved her to the bed. She jumps into it like the most graceful of gazelles. It's truly a sight. I guess it bothered me the most because I thought I found a solution that made all my creatures happy.

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Social media is a curse on society the likes of which has never been seen before.

It gives a voice and validity to the whiny finger waving whack jobs among us.

If it weren't for Facebook the only people who would ever listen to or speak to these cretins would be their mother and even she, I would guess would not pay much attention.

I wouldn't give a rip what this holier than thou self proclaimed animal rescuer typed anywhere.

And if I were a dog I'd claw my way Into to the back of your truck to get away from her saving hands so fast it would make your head spin.

Zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
"is a curse on society the likes of which has never been seen before. "

Is that you, Mr trump??

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
If the dog is secure, and within the legal requirements of your state, tell them to pound sand.

If the answer is no to either, then shame on you.

I secure my little girl Golden Retarded even in the back seat. She's flighty, spazzoid, typical 'triever so she has just enough to get her snout out either window about 2 inches.

Some people just get off on telling everyone else what to do, without checking their facts.
Block the haters so they can't come back and don't sweat the name calling.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I agree with others if properly secured then ignore them our pups travel with us everywhere but they are small and XS small size so they ride in the backseat with my kid. If we had a big dog she would be in the bed as well

Sponsored

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
"is a curse on society the likes of which has never been seen before. "

Is that you, Mr trump??
What on earth is that supposed to mean?

You have no idea what my politics are nor was I political in my post.

Social media especially Facebook is a sea of lies on both sides. There is more bull crap on that platform than there is anything useful weather or not you lean left or right. And that was my point.

And the world would be a better place without the gotcha picture snapping nuts keeping their watchful eyes over the rest of us reasonable people. Totally unnecessary no matter what side you lean to.

So honestly I don't really understand your point. But better for you to answer the OP if you have something to say.

firehog

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow; 2020 Chevy Silverado Duramax 3500
I applaud you for being a responsible pet owner by restraining your dog in the bed of your truck. Ignore them!

OP
OP
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I applaud you for being a responsible pet owner by restraining your dog in the bed of your truck. Ignore them!
Lol, the harnesses I used where fine, but thinner so in her photos,they're harder to see. The joyride harnesses (that I ordered over a month ago) just came in for my doggos. Now when I got use them, I think how that woman is going to see me driving around town with them and think she's the reason I ordered them. Que sara sara

OP
OP
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If the dog is secure, and within the legal requirements of your state, tell them to pound sand.

If the answer is no to either, then shame on you.

I secure my little girl Golden Retarded even in the back seat. She's flighty, spazzoid, typical 'triever so she has just enough to get her snout out either window about 2 inches.

Some people just get off on telling everyone else what to do, without checking their facts.
Block the haters so they can't come back and don't sweat the name calling.
Scout's honor, my pups are secured.

NJbevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘98 Durango 5.9 SLT; ‘06 Hemi Durango; ‘20 Gladiator Sport Max Tow - Smittybuilt 9600 XRC
I wound up defending myself as far as stating that she was secured and trained. I didn't buy into the name calling or bashing.
Hell, I grew up in Texas and we used to ride around in the beds of pickups all the tie when I was kid. We made the dogs run behind. Course you could also buy a six pack at the gas station and proceed to consume every bit of it on the way home too now that I think about it.
Sponsored