First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
I just took possession of my 2021 Gladiator Mojave. One thing I wasn't expecting is how insanely bright the dome lights are at night. I was poking around and found that if I adjust the instrument cluster lighting to the lowest position, the dome light won't turn on - which would be ok if I could actually read the instrument cluster at the lowest setting....
So what have others done to resolve this? Ideally the dome lights would be able to dim, though even turning off a few of the 5 (4 pointing, one center) dome lights would also be acceptable. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored

lppd45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon M/T, 1966 Deville convertible, 2013 Jetta TDI M/T, 2003 Road King, and 2016 CVO Street Glide
Occupation
Retired
Haven't noticed this myself. We used to take the lenses off of our work vehicles and color them with a red marker. It worked well to dim the light and maintain your night vision.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I think it's a Dodge thing. I asked the dealer andthe they said they can't turn it off unlike the Ford which can be programed to not have the dome light on.

The only other thing is that you don't use the auto headlight setting. Seems that has something to do with it as it only turns on when it's dark enough to activate the headlights.

When I start the car during the day the dome doesn't come on.

OP
OP
FloridaMan655321

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
So nothing with some of the programming or anything like that. Sounds like I will need to remove the lens and put in something dark....

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I just gave up and learned to live with it. Definitely not ideal. I had not thought about the auto setting for the headlights.... If the dome light doesn't come on with the headlights off I would be willing to just turn them on as needed. I'm going to test this out tomorrow.

OP
OP
FloridaMan655321

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
I just gave up and learned to live with it. Definitely not ideal. I had not thought about the auto setting for the headlights.... If the dome light doesn't come on with the headlights off I would be willing to just turn them on as needed. I'm going to test this out tomorrow.
I need to test again, but I think I did this tonight. I didn't have the 'alien encounter' tonight, and I turned off the headlights before opening the door. Might be ok moving forward as I don't really care to do the 'auto' headlight thing. I'm guessing maybe the first night from the dealer they had the auto headlight turned on. I'll also need to do more testing.....
Sponsored