Dont throw anything away!!

BlueTheJeep

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladitor Sport ( Max Tow )
I learned a valuable lesson last week... for probably the 12th time in my life lol. "Don't throw any good parts away, unless you want to buy it again."

I swapped the factory front bumper on my JT Sport for a Rugged Ridge HD Fullwidth. I like the look, the build quality was fine no complaints. So I chucked the factory bumper and mounting brackets for the fog lights, trimmed the wiring harness! Exactly what I wanted....Until I decided to not go the Mopar 2" lift route with respect to my short wife, but still run 35s.....That's where the issue comes in. With the fullwidth you can't run 35s st stock height or even with a spacer, we'll I mean, if you'd like to make a turn at some point. After about a 1/4 turn the tire impacts the steel wings and your stuck.

Long story short, I had to go buy a take off from somebody so I can mount my shiny new 35s, and then order everything I tossed. $195 I shouldn't have had to spend, or at least not on parts I'd already owned lol.

Now I've got a year old, useless to me winch bumper in my garage, I'm trying to sell at half price and a wife looking at me sideways lol.
Jeep Gladiator Dont throw anything away!! 20230127_083749

Jeep Gladiator Dont throw anything away!! 20230127_102349
Sponsored

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
Damn dude, I was going to say I have a RUBI stock bumper I was going to give away .My buddy told me to keep it you never know. You just confirmed he is right.
That suks for you

OP
OP
BlueTheJeep

BlueTheJeep

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In a way I guess, but I got the rubi rails to be used as rails and not worsen the breakover angle, and eliminate hang up points. I've help jacked a few to many people up and out cause they got hung up on or smashed their steps. Trying a tight squeeze.

The functional slider steps all add atleast 3" to width and start at $415ish. So really I'd still be spending more on things not in my plan and isn't exactly what I want.

I already settled on the color of the Jeep, I hate that blue.

billfraley

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer

Sponsored

OP
OP
BlueTheJeep

BlueTheJeep

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel like the DV8 JK/JL adapter brackets may have provided enough clearance for you. They are meant for mounting a JK bumper to a JL but could pretty easily be used for your scenario. They mount between the frame and the bumper mount and push the bumper forward about 2in.

On most bumpers yes, but Rugged Ridge designed the Winch plate supports to mount to the inside of the frame rails. Which give a heck of a lot of lateral strength to the mounting location, but without fab work, sticks the bumper exactly where they intended.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Bummer. I was thinking about that bumper for mine. I guess I’ll keep looking

OP
OP
BlueTheJeep

BlueTheJeep

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are a couple of Mojave/Rubi owners on here that run it with what looks like atleast 33s at stock height.

Remember I have a Sport and mine sits 2 inches lower right off the bat. Plus the RR will sit 2 inches under your fenders.

ADD has a similar style bumper but it's designed to tuck up under the Mojave/Rubicon high clearance fenders. It's a good deal more expensive, but let's be honest, you get what you pay for.

https://www.addictivedesertdesigns..../jeep-full-width-front-bumper-stealth-fighter

Jeep Gladiator Dont throw anything away!! jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt-rubicon-mojave-winch-front-bumper_1800x1800

Sponsored

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Occupation
Steel plant
Jeep Gladiator Dont throw anything away!! IMG_6046[1].JPG

You guys actually get rid of your spare parts? Where can I learn this sort of power, my lawn care shed has more Jeep parts than lawn items at this point!
hahahah I hear you! Also have a bad habit of keeping OEM parts from some of the other peoples Jeeps I’ve lifted
Jeep Gladiator Dont throw anything away!! 4324F348-0DFE-46D4-BE9D-C24EC1BB993C

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
There are a couple of Mojave/Rubi owners on here that run it with what looks like atleast 33s at stock height.

Remember I have a Sport and mine sits 2 inches lower right off the bat. Plus the RR will sit 2 inches under your fenders.

ADD has a similar style bumper but it's designed to tuck up under the Mojave/Rubicon high clearance fenders. It's a good deal more expensive, but let's be honest, you get what you pay for.

https://www.addictivedesertdesigns..../jeep-full-width-front-bumper-stealth-fighter

jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt-rubicon-mojave-winch-front-bumper_1800x1800.jpg
I still have my eye on Barnes. But no place for OEM fog lights
https://barnes4wd.com/products/jl-and-jt-pritchett-canyon-front-bumper

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I learned a valuable lesson last week... for probably the 12th time in my life lol. "Don't throw any good parts away, unless you want to buy it again."

I swapped the factory front bumper on my JT Sport for a Rugged Ridge HD Fullwidth. I like the look, the build quality was fine no complaints. So I chucked the factory bumper and mounting brackets for the fog lights, trimmed the wiring harness! Exactly what I wanted....Until I decided to not go the Mopar 2" lift route with respect to my short wife, but still run 35s.....That's where the issue comes in. With the fullwidth you can't run 35s st stock height or even with a spacer, we'll I mean, if you'd like to make a turn at some point. After about a 1/4 turn the tire impacts the steel wings and your stuck.

Long story short, I had to go buy a take off from somebody so I can mount my shiny new 35s, and then order everything I tossed. $195 I shouldn't have had to spend, or at least not on parts I'd already owned lol.

Now I've got a year old, useless to me winch bumper in my garage, I'm trying to sell at half price and a wife looking at me sideways lol.

Another reason for me - my wife now has a JL that some of my JT parts will fit.
Otherwise, I save stuff because like what happened when I traded my 2020 for my 2022 Gladiator - the dealer said "put it all back to factory, make it just like when you took delivery".
So on go the original bumper, original fog lights, original shocks, original springs, original lower control arms.......... among other things.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Assuming you don't have max tow because I got a full width rugged ridge bumper and i had no problems at full turn on 35's but I got a Max tow.
Sponsored