Door electric connector issue

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Going to admit defeat right outta the gate here... I had the dorrs off for a couple of weeks and when I put them back on my driver side door can't get a good connection. Only thing that works is the window, can't control the mirrors, dome lights don't turn on when I open it, and so on. Any ideas for a quick fix, or if it may even be covered under warranty?
Sponsored

GrubbyBaja

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 6-speed
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Sounds like bent pins on the connector. There are other post on here regarding this. I haven't had the issue but had read about others before I took my doors off. The key is to simply mate the connectors together to engage the plastic dowels to the rotating lever and use the flip lever do the work of completing the mating process instead of forcing them together by hand. A bright flashlight, small screwdriver or awl, and a steady hand you can probably straighten the bent pins.

alwhite

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, Honda Element
Occupation
Librarian
not covered under warranty.

Cant seem to find a part number, and one of my pins is pushed all the way into the connector. not sure how that happened. Also, i get weird issues in doors that have no pins misaligned. Who knows whats going on

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
not covered under warranty.

Cant seem to find a part number, and one of my pins is pushed all the way into the connector. not sure how that happened. Also, i get weird issues in doors that have no pins misaligned. Who knows whats going on
On my JL, the dealer covered it. Required replacing the wiring harness and stripping the dash down to the frame! No repair kit part was available.

OP
OP
JTBurns

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Going to admit defeat right outta the gate here... I had the dorrs off for a couple of weeks and when I put them back on my driver side door can't get a good connection. Only thing that works is the window, can't control the mirrors, dome lights don't turn on when I open it, and so on. Any ideas for a quick fix, or if it may even be covered under warranty?
Sounds like bent pins on the connector. There are other post on here regarding this. I haven't had the issue but had read about others before I took my doors off. The key is to simply mate the connectors together to engage the plastic dowels to the rotating lever and use the flip lever do the work of completing the mating process instead of forcing them together by hand. A bright flashlight, small screwdriver or awl, and a steady hand you can probably straighten the bent pins.
Thanks for the advice, I checked the other threads on this for how to fix too, so helpful advice to utilize the "search" function lol. Luckily I was able to fix the issue by bending back some pins that got misaligned.
Biggest take-away: pop the female connector off with a flathead so you can see what's going on with the pins, otherwise you have to be some sort of contortionist to see it. Jeep really should rotate the female 90 degrees so you can see and diagnose this issue easily IMO.
Thanks again for saving me a trip to the dealer!

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTBurns

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
On my JL, the dealer covered it. Required replacing the wiring harness and stripping the dash down to the frame! No repair kit part was available.
Awesome that you got it covered, if I ever really screw up the connection in the future I hope I can too, I'm sure it'll cost at least $500 if the dealer fixes it the way you mentioned

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Awesome that you got it covered, if I ever really screw up the connection in the future I hope I can too, I'm sure it'll cost at least $500 if the dealer fixes it the way you mentioned
Three days of labor. Probably about $3500 or so. FCA needs to get replacement parts out there. Disconnect the connect from the side using a trim removal tool and carefully adjust the pins. Very carefully.
Sponsored