Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
So I have already started to see some paint chips on my door hinges from rocks and stuff getting thrown against them with the wider tires. I am in between bedlining them or putting door hinge covers on. I bedlined the ones on my JKU because I ended up chipping a huge chunk of paint off one hinge rushing to put my doors back on in a monsoon. It also helped keep them from getting any other paint chipped off them from my wider tires I had on it. Anybody put any hinge covers on yet and what kind of review you got. I can get them bedlined for under a $100 at a shop, they said around $75-$80 or I can get covers for around $30. The shop that did my JKU did a great job and they never faded or chipped and it was like that for about 5yrs.

Any suggestions or advice I'm all ears. Here's what my JKU looked like. It had scorpion liner done on them, I had the fenders done that way as well.

Jeep Gladiator Door Hinge Cover / Protection? IMG_20160724_135733

Stock fenders before I removed them for the steel fenders
Jeep Gladiator Door Hinge Cover / Protection? IMG_20160624_060306
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Have you thought about Plas a Dip ? I might do mine with it when I do the rims. If I can find it in Carmel color even better.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Have you thought about Plas a Dip ? I might do mine with it when I do the rims. If I can find it in Carmel color even better.
I have but I'd like something a little more permanent and durable. I know I can go back and redo it pretty easily when it starts fading but it does have a tendency to show scratches, which I feel like would happen on the hinges. I may give it a shot though and see how it goes. I'll put it on the list thanks for the suggestion

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have but I'd like something a little more permanent and durable. I know I can go back and redo it pretty easily when it starts fading but it does have a tendency to show scratches, which I feel like would happen on the hinges. I may give it a shot though and see how it goes. I'll put it on the list thanks for the suggestion
I've got to point of trying to not make permanent changes that can't be undone easily if i change plans.

Sponsored

CWGrisw0ld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Rubicon JKU, 2020 Jeep Rubicon JT
You could always wrap them in a clear protective film like lamin-x or xpel

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
You could always wrap them in a clear protective film like lamin-x or xpel
Yeah, I thought about that to. I had my door sills done with that stuff on my JKU and it got pretty beat up quickly, I also got two nice chips on my passenger side door at the bottom that I need to try to hide. I probably should of did that stuff initially

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 911 C2S
^^^ I used their stuff on my old JL. Little pricey in my opinion. You could buy some 3m film on amazon and do it yourself for much less.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
I noticed a chip in the paint on one of mine today. I’ll be watching this thread. I only have 4500 miles and never been offroad

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I just got a quote sent to me to bedline the hinges and they said $150 but they want to remove them. I had my JKU done for $80 5yrs ag0 and they did not remove the hinges. I don't want to have the hinges removed. If I remove the hinges I'll have them powder coated at my buddies shop for $60. I'm still looking and trying to decide. Honestly, if they made s decent looking cover for them I'd probably go that route.

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 911 C2S
I just got a quote sent to me to bedline the hinges and they said $150 but they want to remove them. I had my JKU done for $80 5yrs ag0 and they did not remove the hinges. I don't want to have the hinges removed. If I remove the hinges I'll have them powder coated at my buddies shop for $60. I'm still looking and trying to decide. Honestly, if they made s decent looking cover for them I'd probably go that route.
Id buy some 3m film from amazon and have a go at that before doing something like bedliner.
Sponsored