First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Security
Two days ago the power door lock buttons on my driver side door stopped working. The mirror buttons still work, the window rolls up and down, the driver door will lock with the fob or passenger side button but the driver buttons don't do anything. Last night while at work I could hear a clicking sound coming from the door, in the area of the door lock buttons. The sound started while the truck was off and I had been in the truck for over an hour. The sound continued for a while until it started raining and the rain became louder than the clicking. After the rain stopped, the clicking sound was gone.
Has anyone else had any issues with the locking buttons? This is definitely my first experience with it.
Sponsored

berb

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gadiator Sport / Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Occupation
Teacher
First Question is have you taken your doors off. Usually, when this happens it is the result of bent pins in the connector. BUT considering the weather I doubt you have taken the doors off.

I had an issue with my wiring harness in my door and it had to be replaced. The door lock wasn't working properly and the replacement harness fixed the issue.

Gladiators and Wranglers have sensitive electrical systems connected to their aux batteries. The Jeeps will give off warnings when the aux battery is starting to loose power before going dead. If bent pins aren't your issue it is probably you aux battery needs to be changed out, which is not a fun or east process.

I have both a Wrangler and a Gladiator and both Jeeps gave warning signs before going dead. My Wrangler had issues with not starting every so often until it would start at all. My Gladiator had issues with the remote start. Replace both batteries solved all of my electrical issues.

OP
OP

hickman785

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Security
First Question is have you taken your doors off. Usually, when this happens it is the result of bent pins in the connector. BUT considering the weather I doubt you have taken the doors off.

I had an issue with my wiring harness in my door and it had to be replaced. The door lock wasn't working properly and the replacement harness fixed the issue.

Gladiators and Wranglers have sensitive electrical systems connected to their aux batteries. The Jeeps will give off warnings when the aux battery is starting to loose power before going dead. If bent pins aren't your issue it is probably you aux battery needs to be changed out, which is not a fun or east process.

I have both a Wrangler and a Gladiator and both Jeeps gave warning signs before going dead. My Wrangler had issues with not starting every so often until it would start at all. My Gladiator had issues with the remote start. Replace both batteries solved all of my electrical issues.
No my doors have never been off. The aux battery has been acting up for over a year and has already been replaced once, about 1.5 years ago. My stop start has been off for several months. I've never had a main battery issue, I assume because I have a deep cycle battery.
Is the wiring harness expensive or hard to replace? I'm thinking that something may have come loose inside the door where the lock buttons connect. I assume this since everything on that door works, except the actual buttons.

berb

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Teacher
I was lucky and had the harness replaced under warranty. The bill would have been around $3000

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I was lucky and had the harness replaced under warranty. The bill would have been around $3000
There’s no way it would cost $3000 to replace a $100 door harness that can be done in a couple hours. The dealership have you bad info or flat out lied to you.

Sponsored

berb

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Teacher
It was warranty. It’s very labor intensive.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
It was warranty. It’s very labor intensive.
The door harness is not labor intensive at all. It’s a couple hours tops to replace one. Lots of folks on here have done it in their driveway to upgrade to proximity locks. Telling you that was $3000 worth of work was a flat out lie by the dealer.

Gray Matter Jeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
n/a
Why didn't they just use the JKU electronical door plugs?

These are crazy finicky... okay, actually dreadful to deal with.

20240425_210511.jpg

20240425_210506.jpg

20240425_210354.jpg

20240425_210517.jpg
Sponsored