Sponsored

Door Locks - power and function

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone noticed that the Unlock interior doesn't work if jeep isn't powered on or key fob isn't nearby? Walked out to Glad to grab something out of back seat - Reached in through window and it wouldn't unlock - I like this feature just didn't expect it.
Sponsored

Otter155

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT, 2007 JKU, 2001 TJ
Build Thread
Link
At first this kind of scared me because, how will passengers (kids) get out if they need. Then I re-read your post and have a question; you reached in through the back door and it wouldn't unlock?

My guess is that the child protective feature was switched on the door jam. This would allow the door to only be opened by the outside; and I've used it when my kids were toddlers and their carseat was within reach of the door. They can't open the door while driving down the road, or when parked, but when parked it can be opened from the outside.

OP
OP
JCJeep1

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
At first this kind of scared me because, how will passengers (kids) get out if they need. Then I re-read your post and have a question; you reached in through the back door and it wouldn't unlock?

My guess is that the child protective feature was switched on the door jam. This would allow the door to only be opened by the outside; and I've used it when my kids were toddlers and their carseat was within reach of the door. They can't open the door while driving down the road, or when parked, but when parked it can be opened from the outside.
Actually reached in through driver window - for driver lock controls

sirday11

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, M/T
I think that if you use the key fob to lock the vehicle it disables the lock controls in the car. I think the manual mentions it, as a security feature. It would prevent someone from slipping in a wire hanger or something into the vehicle and simply press the button to unlock it.

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
I think that if you use the key fob to lock the vehicle it disables the lock controls in the car. I think the manual mentions it, as a security feature. It would prevent someone from slipping in a wire hanger or something into the vehicle and simply press the button to unlock it.
but also prevent someone that got locked in from getting out? odd feature if you ask me.

Sponsored

DenverGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ stock, manual, over-sized tires, soft top, half doors
Actually reached in through driver window - for driver lock controls
Try to open the door handle and see if your alarm screams. I recommend having the key fob ready.

OP
OP
JCJeep1

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
but also prevent someone that got locked in from getting out? odd feature if you ask me.
as noted - you can always use the handle but if fob isn't nearby the alarm sounds. What I learned out of it though - Tailgate stays locked. unless fob is near -
Sponsored