Sponsored

Auto Park disabled (previously: Door Open alert - Remote Start Canceled)

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
The other week I took the doors off for the weekend. After putting them back on, the remote start and power mirrors no longer operate. When attempting to remote start, I can look thru the drivers side window and see a dash message that says "remote start canceled, door open." The windows still go up/down, power locks still work. I do not have proximity entry installed on my vehicle. I checked each door wiring connection multiple times. On a positive note, the Auto-park feature no longer works!!! I hate that stupid feature, so I'm not sure that I actually want to fix the issue just yet. Anyone else have this problem?

Update: the pins were bent. one of those pins is connected to the Auto Park feature.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...alert-remote-start-canceled.31224/post-513652
Sponsored

Last edited:

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
The other week I took the doors off for the weekend. After putting them back on, the remote start and power mirrors no longer operate. When attempting to remote start, I can look thru the drivers side window and see a dash message that says "remote start canceled, door open." The windows still go up/down, power locks still work. I do not have proximity entry installed on my vehicle. I checked each door wiring connection multiple times. On a positive note, the Auto-park feature no longer works!!! I hate that stupid feature, so I'm not sure that I actually want to fix the issue just yet. Anyone else have this problem?
I've had that happen with my JK, in the end it was the connector just not as tight as it should be, so it was basically half working. I have also heard of it happening when a pin in the connector has gotten bent and not making the connections. Let us know how you make out.. Good luck.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I HATE that door-open shit. It won't let you drive and it slams itself into park when you try to drive with the door open... You know, like hooking up a trailer by yourself, or when you're backing in or pulling forward at the boat ramp... Whoever designed that "safety feature" was a moron, and has obviously never pulled trailers or launched boats.

I hope Tazer includes being able to turn that off in their next software update.

OP
OP
jeepguy225

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
I've had that happen with my JK, in the end it was the connector just not as tight as it should be, so it was basically half working. I have also heard of it happening when a pin in the connector has gotten bent and not making the connections. Let us know how you make out.. Good luck.
Thanks, I will check it again, I was hopping that was it. I will blow in them this time like Nintendo games back in the day.

OP
OP
jeepguy225

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
I HATE that door-open shit. It won't let you drive and it slams itself into park when you try to drive with the door open... You know, like hooking up a trailer by yourself, or when you're backing in or pulling forward at the boat ramp... Whoever designed that "safety feature" was a moron, and has obviously never pulled trailers or launched boats.

I hope Tazer includes being able to turn that off in their next software update.
It also does it with doors off if you lift your butt off the driver seat and/or take your seat belt off.

Sponsored

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
ON the JL the disable Autopark works using Tazer - will it not work on Gladiator?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It also does it with doors off if you lift your butt off the driver seat and/or take your seat belt off.
Hmmm... Looks like we need to talk Tazer into fixing that problem, by letting us turn that stupid "safety" feature off. I haven't taken the top or doors off mine yet... Weather has been too hit-or-miss lately around here.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
ON the JL the disable Autopark works using Tazer - will it not work on Gladiator?

So you have to turn the truck on and off a couple times to make it work? That's stupid. I want to disable it fully (turn it off completely) with the Tazer.

OP
OP
jeepguy225

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
Im not too sure. The only In Motion option I have is for Navigation settings
Jeep Gladiator Auto Park disabled (previously: Door Open alert - Remote Start Canceled) IMG_1004

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
He had to turn his truck on and off a few times to get the setting to finally activate. I'm under impression once done via Tazer and the setting takes - its off for good. Anyone try doing it on the Gladiator the way he set it.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
He had to turn his truck on and off a few times to get the setting to finally activate. I'm under impression once done via Tazer and the setting takes - its off for good. Anyone try doing it on the Gladiator the way he set it.
I can try it this afternoon... I have to run to the storage unit anyway, I can try it in the driveway before I leave, and report back.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles

Definitely not trying to disparage any one. I have spent almost 50 years towing and launching up to 20 ft fishers and runabouts with a Pinto wagon, F150, Galaxy 500 etc. I cannot recall ever needing to back up or pull forward with an open door. Wifey says I can "back a snake up a garden hose". Different strokes for...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely not trying to disparage any one. I have spent almost 50 years towing and launching up to 20 ft fishers and runabouts with a Pinto wagon, F150, Galaxy 500 etc. I cannot recall ever needing to back up or pull forward with an open door. Wifey says I can "back a snake up a garden hose". Different strokes for...
It's not a contest... But, I'm quite experienced in towing as well... I spent over 15 years towing 40' goosenecks full of steel, equipment, and uneven loads all over the southeast, and launching everything from wave runners to 40+ foot boats. But when you're backing up to a trailer by yourself, there's no point in closing the door all the way just to hop in and out to check your progress (I'm used to trailers that are SO heavy you cannot (or barely) move or adjust them by yourself, you have to back up 99% perfect to be able to hook to them). Everyone has their method, just because your's is different, doesn't make you any more right than someone else.

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I dunno, I've seen and read about people doing completely stupid things in a vehicle. People are crashing into parked cars trying to ghost ride their damn car down a residential street. I think it's great if an aftermarket company can offer something to disable it for those than want to but I think it's a good safety feature for 95+% of everyone else and shouldn't be able to be disabled through in vehicle menus.

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
It is indeed a safety feature for the masses and not just for people doing stupid things. I personally know someone who is extremely allergic to bee stings. She found herself in the drivers seat of a car with a bee. In a panic, she hit the brake and opened the door to get out. Well on her wayout , because she failed to put the car in park, the car stated to roll and she fell. With the combination of the door hitting her and the car rolling, she found herself under the rear wheels. I won't go into the details of her injuries, but let's just say, she has suffered with long term complications. In her case, it was a tragic accident.
Should everything be designed for those that lack common sense or are just stupid? I think not, but sometimes it's nice to have those systems.. just in case, but let the informed make the choice to disable or turn them off.
There certainly is something to be said for Charles Darwin and his theory of Natural Selection. /S
Sponsored

Last edited: