Sponsored

Auto Park disabled (previously: Door Open alert - Remote Start Canceled)

OP
OP
jeepguy225

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
tried straightening the purple/blue pin in the female side and still can't get it to work. still got the circle with A like yours does. the pin looks pretty straight to me but it's hard to see tbh
I had to pop the connector off of the christmas tree clip in the foot well so i could see the pins and straighten them, without doing that, its too hard to tell if they are straight. It still took a few tries to get it right, as the pins kept bending. I haven't taken the doors off since... partly due to the pins and the other because my garage is full of a TJ in a million pieces.
Sponsored

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
thanks. yeah it really makes me hesitate taking the doors now

elnonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Marine Officer
Just learned the hard way about door removal and ghost "door open" messages. Me, it was the passenger front door. There were not bent tabs, but it still took a couple of tries to clear the issue.

Seems that connector type may be secure, but less than optimal for the task...

elnonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Marine Officer
Crud, I jinxed myself. It's baaaack!

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Isaacvideos

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Mojave 2020
The other week I took the doors off for the weekend. After putting them back on, the remote start and power mirrors no longer operate. When attempting to remote start, I can look thru the drivers side window and see a dash message that says "remote start canceled, door open." The windows still go up/down, power locks still work. I do not have proximity entry installed on my vehicle. I checked each door wiring connection multiple times. On a positive note, the Auto-park feature no longer works!!! I hate that stupid feature, so I'm not sure that I actually want to fix the issue just yet. Anyone else have this problem?

Update: the pins were bent. one of those pins is connected to the Auto Park feature.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...alert-remote-start-canceled.31224/post-513652
The other week I took the doors off for the weekend. After putting them back on, the remote start and power mirrors no longer operate. When attempting to remote start, I can look thru the drivers side window and see a dash message that says "remote start canceled, door open." The windows still go up/down, power locks still work. I do not have proximity entry installed on my vehicle. I checked each door wiring connection multiple times. On a positive note, the Auto-park feature no longer works!!! I hate that stupid feature, so I'm not sure that I actually want to fix the issue just yet. Anyone else have this problem?

Update: the pins were bent. one of those pins is connected to the Auto Park feature.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...alert-remote-start-canceled.31224/post-513652
This just saved my sanity I was circling my jeep trying to figure out why it wouldn’t AS
Sponsored