Sponsored

Auto Park disabled (previously: Door Open alert - Remote Start Canceled)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Tried it with the JTR according to the video... Didn’t work... :mad:

It showed that I had it turned off with the Tazer, but it won’t stop engaging Auto-Park with the door opened. Tried it like 10 times...

Anybody got any clue?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Tried it with the JTR according to the video... Didn’t work... :mad:

It showed that I had it turned off with the Tazer, but it won’t stop engaging Auto-Park with the door opened. Tried it like 10 times...

Anybody got any clue?
Sometimes the radio has to be rebooted for the change to take effect. Try disconnecting the battery cable for about five minutes. It doesn't actually turn off when the ignition is turned off.

When I find the need to maneuver with the door open, and get in and out during, I plug the seatbelt in behind me.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
That is probably why in the video it took a few car on/off cycles before it took.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That is probably why in the video it took a few car on/off cycles before it took.
I tried that as well... Still didn't work for mine. I was running Tazer 11.2.0 version.

I just did the Tazer 11.2.1 update, and I'll give it try again today.

Armyman247

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
stupid question but if it was that big of a deal to have door open when hooking something up couldn't you just pull the electrical connector on the door??? then the jeep would think the door is off??? now i understand that is a pain in the A*s but seriously, wouldnt be any harder than having to open and close door while you check your load 50 times since your "alone"...

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just tried it again with the newest Tazer update.... Still won't work. Keeps shifting it back into park.

Now, that being said, it WILL allow you to drive with the door open IF you are wearing your seatbelt...Which is bullshit. But that's a matter of personal opinion. Then again, I'm not one of those "warning label people" that needs to have that label on things to keep from doing stupid shit and getting hurt or killed over it.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
actually - if you look closely at the video. After he enabled it and tried to get it to work … it didn't work and the seatbelt warning was showing on the dash (so he had his seatbelt off).

When he went to starting and stoping the car a few times and then tried again..... you can actually see him putting on his seatbelt and the seatbelt light being off when he tried again.

So it looks like from AMM and the video that the tweak allows you to open the door without going into auto park but it doesn't allow you to remove your seatbelt. He thought it took a while to take but it was really that he put his seatbelt on.

May be something Tazer could update if they were told (they probably didn't know there were 2 checks). Otherwise - of course you could engage the seatbelt behind you if your jumping in and out of the vehicle and want to avoid auto park.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
actually - if you look closely at the video. After he enabled it and tried to get it to work … it didn't work and the seatbelt warning was showing on the dash (so he had his seatbelt off).

When he went to starting and stoping the car a few times and then tried again..... you can actually see him putting on his seatbelt and the seatbelt light being off when he tried again.

So it looks like from AMM and the video that the tweak allows you to open the door without going into auto park but it doesn't allow you to remove your seatbelt. He thought it took a while to take but it was really that he put his seatbelt on.

May be something Tazer could update if they were told (they probably didn't know there were 2 checks). Otherwise - of course you could engage the seatbelt behind you if your jumping in and out of the vehicle and want to avoid auto park.
I noticed that as well, but didn't pay attention to the dash light to see that he was wearing it when it worked. So, I guess mine does work, it just makes you HAVE to wear the seatbelt for it to work. I want it disables FULLY where no matter what you can drive with the door opened.

Those who say "why would you need to do this or that", it's not just about hooking to a trailer, those who say that are obviously city folk that have never lived or worked on a farm, or owned property where they had to move vehicles around, or pull forward to do something real quick, and shutting the door all the way is kind of pointless for 10 seconds of driving... And I get that some just don't understand, but they need to understand, that what's convenient for them and their driving and lifestyle is not always convenient for someone else's. Some of us actually would use that feature WAY more often than you'd think. Plus, any time you have the doors off, you won't have any issues with being able to drive the Jeep. I saw someone saying they were having this issue. If we could disable the entire thing in the EVIC/ECM we wouldn't have this issue at all.

I hope someone will email Tazer about this, so they can try to figure out a permanent disable, like the ESS & TPMS settings.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At least you can fool the system by hooking the seat belt without having it on the way it is at this point.

OP
OP
jeepguy225

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
Still no luck for me, next I will remove the Tazer and maybe disconnect the battery for a bit or something like that.

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
It's there because so many morons have run themselves over in reverse. I've seen it myself. My neighbor started screaming one night that he needed help. I ran over to find him pinned between his truck and house. Dumbass had it in reverse, on an inclined driveway, so it was not moving when he got out. Then it started moving as the idle speed changed or something, while he was closing his garage door.

I was very annoyed with this at first, because I have towed a trailer for more miles with the Gladiator than not. But then I realized I might just be stuck in my ways, and started using the camera much more. That's much better, and now I'm glad I adapted. It has also taught me to make greater use of the camera when backing in many parking lot and off-road situations. Saturday I was very glad to have that practice as I had to back off of two major obstacles that a 4Runner following me was not going to make it over.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
The other week I took the doors off for the weekend. After putting them back on, the remote start and power mirrors no longer operate. When attempting to remote start, I can look thru the drivers side window and see a dash message that says "remote start canceled, door open." The windows still go up/down, power locks still work. I do not have proximity entry installed on my vehicle. I checked each door wiring connection multiple times. On a positive note, the Auto-park feature no longer works!!! I hate that stupid feature, so I'm not sure that I actually want to fix the issue just yet. Anyone else have this problem?
Hi Dan,
We're sorry to hear about this. If you are unable to remedy this on your own and decide to have your dealer take a look, please feel free to loop us in via PM. We'd be happy to provide additional support.
Alex
Jeep Cares

OP
OP
jeepguy225

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
I found the answer. I had to get in there and really look at the pins. Narrowed it down to the drivers door pins in the footwell. I had 5 pins bent. If that plug isn't lined up perfectly when you go to flip the white lever, it will bend stuff but still shut easily.

AND...WHAT YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!!! The answer to the auto park!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The two pins that are connected to these wires (purple/blue, purple/peach) are the autopark and start stop. Out of the 5 pins that i bent over, 3 on the bottom row (mirrors and remote start), I left the 2 in the top row bent just to see and my start stop and autopark are still not working!!!!!!!!!!!! I do get a nice little yellow A in the dash now. Someone else can bend these around and figure out which ones which. Next time I bend them I will bend them to the correct position.

IMG_1072 (1).jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
tried straightening the purple/blue pin in the female side and still can't get it to work. still got the circle with A like yours does. the pin looks pretty straight to me but it's hard to see tbh
Sponsored