Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Is there a way to disable this feature? Long time multiple Jeep owner getting used to this new Gladiator.
Entering my garage, once the Jeep doors are past the garage door, I have always opened the Jeep door and park the rear tires on a pre-determined mark on the floor to give me as much room possible behind the Jeep. Much to my surprise, when I backed the Gladiator into the garage the first time, opened the door, and the parking brake sets! I wasn't done yet!!
Very aggravating. I haven't bought my Tazer yet, until my bank account re-charges. Can this be turned off without the Tazor, or even with one? Thank you in advance.
Sponsored

ffdfrontman

First Name
Jereme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Off-Road Racing
Yes!!! This is a huge annoyance when opening manual ranch gates. Have to fully climb in, close doors, drive 8-20’, climb out. Do that 30+ times a day everyday. Drives me nuts.

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
I believe you can disable that with the tazer jl mini. In fact I need to do that with mine. Just need to find the category it is in.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
I have always opened the Jeep door and park the rear tires on a pre-determined mark on the floor to give me as much room possible behind the Jeep. Much to my surprise, when I backed the Gladiator into the garage the first time, opened the door, and the parking brake sets! I wasn't done yet!!
Very aggravating. I haven't bought my Tazer yet, until my bank account re-charges. Can this be turned off without the Tazor, or even with one? Thank you in advance.
Isn't it really shifting into Park?
Anyway, here's a work-around until you get the Tazer. Put a mark on the floor to align with the marks on your back-up camera. I do this, but actually I watch the backup camera as I pull forward into my garage.

OP
OP
TJDave

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Isn't it really shifting into Park?
Anyway, here's a work-around until you get the Tazer. Put a mark on the floor to align with the marks on your back-up camera. I do this, but actually I watch the backup camera as I pull forward into my garage.
I guess you are correct. Shifts on its own and I have to move the shifter to park, then back to reverse to continue. I like your idea using the rear camera, especially since it has tow hitch zoom. Thank you. That will work better than the ball I hung from the ceiling to the back window! I'm not used to a backup camera in a Jeep I guess!

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S; 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
Occupation
Retired
...but actually I watch the backup camera as I pull forward into my garage.
Does the rear view camera display work going forward? Is that a setting in the display?

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Does the rear view camera display work going forward? Is that a setting in the display?
Yes, there's a setting so it stays on for several seconds after you shift from reverse to 1st or drive (is really helpful when manuevering to hook up to a trailer.) I've got to hustle to get the truck all the way in the garage before it shuts off. If it does, I just stop and shift to R and back to 1st again.

Also, on the Uconnect there is an icon to turn it on and it will stay on for a longer time while driving forward.

Sponsored

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
If you do this can you roll the windows down?
No. You loose all the electronic functionality with the wiring disconnected.

You can roll the windows down beforehand and plug everything back in when you're done tho.

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
The Tazer has a cool function that is very useful for this topic. If you hit the mute button twice the backup camera will come on and stay on until you hit mute again.
Sponsored