Door Stops

RPOJS

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 JK 4 Door
Has anyone removed the mechanical door stops and has it created any issues. It just seems an added step when taking the doors on and reinstalling, plus for my dog it helps to have the door able to open fully (like my JK does) when the door strap stop is taken off.
Sponsored

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Has anyone removed the mechanical door stops and has it created any issues. It just seems an added step when taking the doors on and reinstalling, plus for my dog it helps to have the door able to open fully (like my JK does) when the door strap stop is taken off.

My passenger front door stop broke and I didn’t replace it for three months. No problem with the door while it was off, though I did miss having it.

OP
OP

RPOJS

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My passenger front door stop broke and I didn’t replace it for three months. No problem with the door while it was off, though I did miss having it.
Thanks

OP
OP

RPOJS

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can unbolt the one bolt on the door frame, and then push them into the door if you don’t want to use them.
Thanks

Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I pushed mine into the doors a long time ago. I am happy with the door without them. Be prepared for the noise when pushing them in. If I remember correctly it was a little bit violent.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I pushed mine into the doors a long time ago. I am happy with the door without them. Be prepared for the noise when pushing them in. If I remember correctly it was a little bit violent.
They are near impossible to pull back out (at least for me at 70 years of age). I inadvertently pushed one in and wanted to reattach it. Had to attach it to the door frame first, which is a bit tricky considering it was pushed way in, so door had to be mostly closed, restricting access to screw in a bolt. Ended up using a longer bolt temporarily, then got a couple threads into the mating nutsert so I could use door itself to pull it out.

OP
OP

RPOJS

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are near impossible to pull back out (at least for me at 70 years of age). I inadvertently pushed one in and wanted to reattach it. Had to attach it to the door frame first, which is a bit tricky considering it was pushed way in, so door had to be mostly closed, restricting access to screw in a bolt. Ended up using a longer bolt temporarily, then got a couple threads into the mating nutsert so I could use door itself to pull it out.
Thanks

OP
OP

RPOJS

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks,

Cburgess33

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator rubicon and 2018 Rubicon JL
haha just did the same thing to both my front doors…. once I try and put them back on I’ll see how this goes . I detached the door stop first then when I tried removing the door from its hinges I pushed the door in a little bit and they pooped inside the door.. did same damn thing to the passenger door not knowing it was gonna be such a hassle later …

Sponsored

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
I do not use mine and haven't had any issues. I have a sport so first time doors came off pushed them in and haven't looked back, also do even plug wires back in as all they do on sport is the dome light and door not closed light. Makes door removal much quicker.

Easy way to get them out is to tie a paracord loop in the bolt hole and make it just long enough to go over the door strap hook with the door barely open and then just open the door and they will pull right out.

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
I do not use mine and haven't had any issues. I have a sport so first time doors came off pushed them in and haven't looked back, also do even plug wires back in as all they do on sport is the dome light and door not closed light. Makes door removal much quicker.

Easy way to get them out is to tie a paracord loop in the bolt hole and make it just long enough to go over the door strap hook with the door barely open and then just open the door and they will pull right out.
By saying you have a sport, you are indicating no power windows, locks Or mirrors? That makes sense. What does the sport wiring harness look like? I wonder if it’s the same on all models except fewer wires.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I'm not going to mess with the door stops, but I did just buy these so I don't have to do the hinge bolts anymore:

Jeep Gladiator Door Stops Screenshot_20210725-091915

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
Yes the plugs are the same just fewer wires going in to them

By saying you have a sport, you are indicating no power windows, locks Or mirrors? That makes sense. What does the sport wiring harness look like? I wonder if it’s the same on all models except fewer wires.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just pushed them into the door and left them there. I prefer not to use them. If I want the doors off I don’t want to spend any time with bolts - plus I prefer the ease of it swinging vs locking.
Sponsored