Door Storage Solutions

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Looking for critical reviews of the storage systems that are available to purchase to store all 4 doors. I used to store my Wrangler doors inside my home, which is still an option, but I am currently looking at garage options. All information is welcome! I think I am leaning towards a caddy-type solution or wall mounted.
Sponsored

the-dude-abides

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020
Here’s what I did this weekend
upload_2019-7-28_20-58-47.jpeg

1x8 $9
1x10 $10
4 hook $24
6 lag bolts $3

About and hour to put it up and under $50. I’m happy with the results. Could have saved myself $12 or so if I didn’t add the shelf on top.
I just did pretty much the same thing. Cheap and effective.

OP
OP
Hawkeyes3312

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reactions: DHP

Sponsored

ATLTiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE

the-dude-abides

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020
OP
OP
Hawkeyes3312

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like a good system. I don't have the space for that right now... Need to double up the doors. I'll let you know if the weather stripping becomes an issue.
I know Wrangler owners have complained about this method of storing doors for quite a while. It used to be an issue, me included, when my ex-wife tried storing our TJ and JK doors via that method; hence why she's an ex....that reason alone! Keep us posted though! I know these doors are much lighter.

the-dude-abides

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020
I know Wrangler owners have complained about this method of storing doors for quite a while. It used to be an issue, me included, when my ex-wife tried storing our TJ and JK doors via that method; hence why she's an ex....that reason alone! Keep us posted though! I know these doors are much lighter.
haha...hardcore! I bet you'd walk into my garage, not say a word, and turn around and leave in disgust because of all the "great idea" solutions I have in use :LOL:

Now, if someone made a hinge based storage solution that double up'd the doors depth wise :like:. I imagine weight is an issue then but with big enough lag bolts spread across two studs I bet it wouldn't be an issue. Actually, I may just have my welding buddy whip me up something unless I find someone who has made that already.

EDIT: And I found what I was looking for! O.R.C. 4-door Hanger. Ordered it. I'll let you know how it goes. Not a bad price either...$85 shipped.

EDIT 2: I wouldn't order quite yet if I were you. I did some more reading and turns out this guy is slow to respond/at all and takes about a month to get the stuff to you (if at all). I'm cool to wait so no big deal (assuming he gives me an ETA) but if you're keen to get yours soon, I'd make your own or find a different solution. I'll give him a couple of weeks and then dispute through paypal if no ETA. I want to support the small guys but lack of comms will be a no-go for me. Will update this thread.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hawkeyes3312

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The doors for the JL and JT are the same. I don't think you will have an issue.
Totally agree. My wanting their confirmation stems from the fact that if, for whatever reason, an issue arises, I can hold them accountable rather than a response like 'Well, our site doesn't say JT, your issue." My local Jeep parts manager has already said there won't be an issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hawkeyes3312

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update on my end. I did confirm the following would work with the JT:

https://www.extremeterrain.com/rugged-ridge-wall-mount-door-holder-8718-yj-tj-jk-jl.html

My dealer, a local Toyota dealer (who distributes for Rugged Ridge), O'Reilly Auto Parts (Retailer for RR) and myself (spoke to them) and said these are safe for JL's and JT's. They admitted that most documentation available to the public has not been updated and they are working to do so. My dealer and O'Reilly both obtained new copies of the install and documentation where it clearly states fitment for JT. I ordered two, which I am picking up tomorrow and installing. As soon as they are installed and the doors are off, I will share a couple of pictures. My dealer was able to sell me them for $100 each so check with your dealer if this is a viable option for you!

An edit of my own: If you go the above route, your doors also 'lock' to your wall just like they were installed on your vehicle via a supplied bracket. I didn't want doors swinging around or having to bungee them together, etc.

Last edited:

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
haha...hardcore! I bet you'd walk into my garage, not say a word, and turn around and leave in disgust because of all the "great idea" solutions I have in use :LOL:

Now, if someone made a hinge based storage solution that double up'd the doors depth wise :like:. I imagine weight is an issue then but with big enough lag bolts spread across two studs I bet it wouldn't be an issue. Actually, I may just have my welding buddy whip me up something unless I find someone who has made that already.

EDIT: And I found what I was looking for! O.R.C. 4-door Hanger. Ordered it. I'll let you know how it goes. Not a bad price either...$85 shipped.

EDIT 2: I wouldn't order quite yet if I were you. I did some more reading and turns out this guy is slow to respond/at all and takes about a month to get the stuff to you (if at all). I'm cool to wait so no big deal (assuming he gives me an ETA) but if you're keen to get yours soon, I'd make your own or find a different solution. I'll give him a couple of weeks and then dispute through paypal if no ETA. I want to support the small guys but lack of comms will be a no-go for me. Will update this thread.
Found those on the Wrangler forum and after looking at all the options, that's the way I'm going too. Guess I should order now if he's slow. Still don't have the JT, or Smittybilt tube doors, so I have a little bit of time until I need the hanger.

OP
OP
Hawkeyes3312

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Found those on the Wrangler forum and after looking at all the options, that's the way I'm going too. Guess I should order now if he's slow. Still don't have the JT, or Smittybilt tube doors, so I have a little bit of time until I need the hanger.
Hmmm, not bad looking. I do enjoy that we have a lot of options when it comes to nearly anything, but that lack of communication thing is a deal breaker for me. Keep us updated!

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME

I like this idea a lot! Anyone have any luck?
Sponsored